Long cruise parking in Boston?

muskokacruizerz

Sorry to report that such long term parking is not available at Hanscom Field, so it looks like Worcester Airport is your best option. So glad you didn't pick the Holiday Inn in East Somerville.

Could you report back on your experience? You are not the first person to ask about parking for the "Voyage of the Vikings"

I can't thank you enough for all your efforts. I am quite comfortable with the Worcester Airport option.

The only other possibility, which I haven't explored in depth, would be to park my car at one of the self-storage companies in Worcester, or even better, Auburn. Either outside (if the yard is secure) or in a container. If I pursue this further, I'll update this thread.

And I'll try to remember to update this thread to report back on my experience with whatever option I choose.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the 2018 VOV and booked the Quality Inn in Revere for 1 night and have 30 days free parking with $5 additional per day for the extra 8 days. Total cost is about $250.

Anyone have experience with this arrangement? We plan to take local transportation to the pier or possibly Uber. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

We are on the 2018 VOV and booked the Quality Inn in Revere for 1 night and have 30 days free parking with $5 additional per day for the extra 8 days. Total cost is about $250.

Anyone have experience with this arrangement? We plan to take local transportation to the pier or possibly Uber. Any suggestions?

That sounds like a great deal. Do you have the 30 day free parking offer in writing? The reason I ask is that a trip advisor review this week said this:

We were traveling to Pittsburgh from Maine so planned to stay a Tuesday night at this Quality Inn and fly from Boston early the next morning. I asked the desk clerk if we could leave our car parked at the hotel for the next few days but was told that cars can only be left in their lot if you also had a room booked for the same nights.... not just one night as we were doing. He said they didn’t offer parking or a shuttle to the airport. So. I wound up paying $104 to leave the car a Pre-Flight Parking in Chelsea who shuttled is to Logan. But then I later discovered that the SAME DESK CLERK told another traveler in our group that she could leave her car at Quality Inn for $5.00/day. . It would have been VERY HELPFUL and MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE if this clerk gave us the correct information

My confirmation from ParkSleepHotels shows dates for 1 night stay July 17 and car pickup date of Aug 25 and the total price. So, yes, it's in writing.

Is it reasonable to do public transportation to the port from Revere? There are routes online but well have our bags and my dad is in a wheelchair. What if I drove everyone to the port, dropped them off then return to the hotel and do public transportation alone? How long do you think all that would take midmorning on a Wednesday?

If your Dad is in a wheelchair, I wouldn't be taking public transit. I also wouldn't want to deal with rush hour traffic to and from the port and then turn around and try to take public transit back to the port.

Whatever vehicle you hire is going to have to accommodate a wheelchair as luggage plus 3 people plus whatever luggage you're taking on a 38 day voyage.

Plans just changed. Dad decided not to go and cancelled his booking. I think we may opt for Uber ride from Revere to the cruise port. Estimate is about $50 and I can accept that. I imagine it will be the same on the return.

Thanks for your comments.

Plans just changed. Dad decided not to go and cancelled his booking. I think we may opt for Uber ride from Revere to the cruise port. Estimate is about $50 and I can accept that. I imagine it will be the same on the return.

Thanks for your comments.

Sorry Dad is no longer going.

I think Uber is a smart move. Public transit would involve a shuttle to the blue line at Wonderland, ride to the airport stop, free shuttle bus to a Logan Terminal, free SL1 Silver Line to World Trade Center, and transfer via elevator over the track to the SL2 Silver Line to Black Falcon.

You could shave some money off your Uber cost by taking the Blue Line to Aquarium and Uber to the port.

Sorry Dad is no longer going.

I think Uber is a smart move. Public transit would involve a shuttle to the blue line at Wonderland, ride to the airport stop, free shuttle bus to a Logan Terminal, free SL1 Silver Line to World Trade Center, and transfer via elevator over the track to the SL2 Silver Line to Black Falcon.

You could shave some money off your Uber cost by taking the Blue Line to Aquarium and Uber to the port.

Mom and Dad decided they would plan for VOV next year, so our experience may be helpful for them. Thanks for your input and ideas. I'll follow up on the Blue Line.