Pre-cruise NYC hotel suggestions

Lisa and Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Have you booked anything yet? We're on the 6/10 sailing and I have been researching hotels for weeks now and can't seem to find exactly what we are wanting. Just wondering if you have decided on anything yet. Going to check out the Hyatt Place now- haven't looked at that one yet.

I just checked the Hyatt pricing and they are 562 per night. A little steep for our budget. ANy other suggestions out there for May 30 till our cruise leaves on Jun 2nd?

Look at united.com in the $200-300 range. I'm seeing the Marriott Courtyard 2 Doubles downtown World Trade Center prepay nonrefundable for $215 plus tax and Holiday Inn Express Wall St for $218 plus tax for a king and sofabed plus free breakfast.

IMO you're going to have to do a nonrefundable to get something nice within your price range. Downtown is often priced much better and is convenient to the 911 Memorial and the SOL. All subway lines are close together giving you quick access to everywhere in midtown.

I just checked the Hyatt pricing and they are 562 per night. A little steep for our budget. ANy other suggestions out there for May 30 till our cruise leaves on Jun 2nd?

I did a quick check on Trip Advisor and the New Yorker Hotel is coming up at $196 per night. Go look!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like to stay at The Manhattan Times Square. We have never paid over $250, including taxes. It's a great location at Times Square, but also walking distance to the port, if you're one who can easily pull your bags. If not, super quick and cheap cab ride.

We stayed at the new yorker last year and are doing so again this year. Great location and tic-toc diner is attached to hotel which is ideal for breakfast. It lasted us all day until the evening. Rooms aren't huge but you are only in them to sleep.

I secured a room at the Mayfair on 49th St. It cost $227. Trip Adviser is not too friendly about it, but I am travelling solo and just need a place to crash pre-cruise. Location is where I wanted since I plan on walking everywhere. I plan on catching a Broadway Show, so I will spend little time in room. Just sleep and shower. The bells/whistles are not required for me. LOL! This is a rate for Saturday night. The prices do inflate for a weekend stay over/vs midweek. I have also researched...

Following if anyone can find a cool Hotel in Theater District for a decent price...

:)