Lac Bay, Sorobon, Jibe City, Hang Out Bar

cruisecookie

I'm confused! Please explain the differences between Lac Bay, Sorobon, Jibe City and the Hang Out Bar. Is the beach called Lac Bay and the resort called Sorobon? Are Jibe City and the Hang Out Bar just two different restaurant/bars on Lac Bay? We are looking for a sandy beach from which you can walk directly into non-rocky clear water. Some photos show white and blue lounge chairs. Other photos show wooden chairs. We are trying to identify the place with the blue and white loungers. We also want a place with some shade and nice restrooms. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are other windsurfing vendors with chairs and restauranr in the area? We visited Jibe City and Hangout back in Dec and were VERY disappointed in the food & beverage service at Hang Out.

The Beach Hut is a little further down the road. As is The Windsurf Place, but I don't remember if TWP has food.

Hangout Bar service is bad.

Lac Bay is the name of the bay, and Sorobon is the name of the beach on the bay.

The businesses are:

"The Windsurf Place" - they rent windsurfing equipment and give lessons and they also have a restaurant and bar in the same location called "The Beach Hut". They also have a "Massage hut" where you can get a massage. They have chairs but I believe they charge $5 for the lounge chairs.

"Jib City" also rents windsurfing gear and gives lessons, and they also have a restaurant on the premisis called "The Hangout Beach Bar". They have more limited lounge chairs, free for Hang Out customers, but during the high season, you'll find most of the good seats claimed with towells.

"Sorobon Beach Resort" was a nudist camp but now it's no longer, and they offer overnight accomodations.They just recently added windsurfing equipment for guests. They have a bar on the beach and a restaurant "Courses". They have lounge chairs on the beach and it seemed to me there were plenty available on a very busy day. I don't know if they charge for using them.

Lac Bay is the name of the bay, and Sorobon is the name of the beach on the bay.

The businesses are:

"The Windsurf Place" - they rent windsurfing equipment and give lessons and they also have a restaurant and bar in the same location called "The Beach Hut". They also have a "Massage hut" where you can get a massage. They have chairs but I believe they charge $5 for the lounge chairs.

"Jib City" also rents windsurfing gear and gives lessons, and they also have a restaurant on the premisis called "The Hangout Beach Bar". They have more limited lounge chairs, free for Hang Out customers, but during the high season, you'll find most of the good seats claimed with towells.

"Sorobon Beach Resort" was a nudist camp but now it's no longer, and they offer overnight accomodations.They just recently added windsurfing equipment for guests. They have a bar on the beach and a restaurant "Courses". They have lounge chairs on the beach and it seemed to me there were plenty available on a very busy day. I don't know if they charge for using them.

Great info! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I too am looking for a nice beach that you can walk in some water (without rocks)up to maybe your waist. Being raised in the Ocean State, Jaws did a number on me years ago (don’t laugh). I am afraid of fish. I have tried snorkeling many times (even have my own gear), but I just don’t find it relaxing. We are renting a golf cart and looking for a walk-in beach somewhere on this beautiful island. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, Rhode Islander, I'm from MA and now living on Bonaire. I get what you're saying about rocky beaches, but the gorgeous beaches in Sorobon have had a massive amount of Sargassum Seaweed wash up on the beaches. It's just massive, and more is expected to arrive soon. It rots and emits a poisionous gas and I don't know how long before it clears up, but I would expect weeks at least. So sad for the businesses there. So if you like a Sandy beach, I think your best bet is going North of Kralendijk to Spice Beach and Coco Beach, both are nice and sandy, Spice Beach is the nicest. The Western shore is unaffected by the seaweed.

Jeyna from Boston

Thanks for the heads up on the current seaweed issue. Experienced similar problem in Mexico a few years back. That smell and mess was a constant problem for the shop owners. Heading here in a few weeks and renting a golf cart so will likely re plan our day due to your input

Hey, Rhode Islander, I'm from MA and now living on Bonaire. I get what you're saying about rocky beaches, but the gorgeous beaches in Sorobon have had a massive amount of Sargassum Seaweed wash up on the beaches. It's just massive, and more is expected to arrive soon. It rots and emits a poisionous gas and I don't know how long before it clears up, but I would expect weeks at least. So sad for the businesses there. So if you like a Sandy beach, I think your best bet is going North of Kralendijk to Spice Beach and Coco Beach, both are nice and sandy, Spice Beach is the nicest. The Western shore is unaffected by the seaweed.

Jeyna from Boston

Yes... got to love Narragansett Beach in RI and Hampton Beach in NH. I go to both every summer and my DB and DN have a house in Cape Cod. This Colorado girl(since ‘77) gets to the beaches frequently. Thanks so much for the heads up! We will head right to either beach. Does any have a place for drinks and light snacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...