What kind of bar soap is HAL providing?

CowPrincess

Well, not sure this is what you want to hear. On our March cruise we had a used Bar of soap at the sink. Yes, used! As for the bath/shower it was watered down Elemis with a yellow tint. When I say watered down it was so watered down that it ran right through your fingers. We called and asked for a new bar soap for the sink and an unmarked soap in a wrapper was sitting on the counter when we returned to the room.

As of Monday, April 14, the Veendam offered Elemis Pure Zest Cleansing Soap (white).

This is what I had on the Westerdam in January, my most recent HAL cruise.

The Shower Gel at the bathtub was fine. In fact, I really liked it.

Title says it all. We've had the Elemis white stuff, the Elemis yellow stuff, and the horrid fig and olive ones in the last couple of years. Can I get some recent soap reports, please?

On the sink we had this:

34jbpjn.jpg

In the shower were soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers (I thought they were kinda watery):

dghtfq.jpg

Still the same old (and for us) horrible Elemis products.

I know to pack our own bar soap, shampoo and conditioner.

KK, we all know you don't like the products and we totally get it.

But how does this help the OP?

Title says it all. We've had the Elemis white stuff, the Elemis yellow stuff, and the horrid fig and olive ones in the last couple of years. Can I get some recent soap reports, please?

Like KK, we generally pack our own bath soap and shampoo, as we do not care for the stuff in the dispensers in the bath/shower, which the last few times looked like the photo Schmoo here posted. In Feb. on Ryndam, we had a translucent yellow round bit of soap for the sink, that also looked like the other photo Shmoo here posted before we unwrapped it.

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang

I really do not mind the Elemis products - in fact, I rather like them. We also received a bottle of lotion and a small tin of bath salts that I gave to my neighbor. I prefer the bars of yellow soap but that's not what was provided on the Maasdam. DH likes to bathe using soap so we requested more - 3 bars in all - no problem. I always toss our used soap before we vacate our cabins.

Thanks for the replies! Like some of you, I really like the Elemis products, though I can't use the shower gel. After the "olive and fig" episode I started packing soap but if they have returned to the Elemis stuff, I won't need to.

Thanks again. (Loved the pics, almost like being onboard ;) )

I really do not mind the Elemis products - in fact, I rather like them. We also received a bottle of lotion and a small tin of bath salts that I gave to my neighbor. I prefer the bars of yellow soap but that's not what was provided on the Maasdam. DH likes to bathe using soap so we requested more - 3 bars in all - no problem. I always toss our used soap before we vacate our cabins.

And your neighbour says thank you for the bath salts:D They were put to good use

On the sink we had this:

34jbpjn.jpg

In the shower were soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers (I thought they were kinda watery):

dghtfq.jpg

Perfect! Exactly what we have had on our recent cruises. I LOVE the Elemis "Pure Zest" soaps. The scent is a reminder of all our HAL cruises.

Additionally, I bring along lemon verbena bars for the shower.

>SNIP< I LOVE the Elemis "Pure Zest" soaps. The scent is a reminder of all our HAL cruises.

>SNIP<.

Exactly! Every time I smell it, I am briefly back onboard in my imagination :D That's one of the reasons I try to buy myself the Elemis shampoo, so I can bring it home and remember being on a cruise when I smell it!

Does anyone know if the Neptune suites also have dispensers in the bathtub and shower? Or do they provide actual little bottles of the Elemis products as in years past? I just have a "thing" about dispensers.. it's just me.. hoping we'll get the little travel sized bottles in the suite... (Oosterdam)

We have had many Neptune Suites -- they all have the dispensers in both the bath tub/shower and separate shower areas. The only individual bottle you get is for the hand lotion.

Thanks for letting me know.. I guess it's been a couple of years since I've been in the Neptune suite (then called Deluxe Veranda Suite).. and things have changed.. I hope this will be the only disappointment (and it's quite minor). :)

I guess I'm even going to sound strange but I enjoy using the Elemis Shampoo as my body wash:cool:

Okay I'll be even stranger :D Your post reminded me that I have a cashmere sweater that I need to get dyed. (Don't ask, pleeeeeeeeze don't ask, how I made that association :eek: :D )

The Elemis soaps dry my skin, the hair care products are nasty. I bring my own. The one bar that is in the bathroom will do for washing hands.

Thank you for sharing your experience, though I suspect you were just looking for a chance to slam HAL.

Okay I'll be even stranger :D Your post reminded me that I have a cashmere sweater that I need to get dyed. (Don't ask, pleeeeeeeeze don't ask, how I made that association :eek: :D )

You smacked that beehive!!! Details pleassssseeee;)

You smacked that beehive!!! Details pleassssseeee;)

Okay, I thought "Hmmmm, using shampoo as body wash -- that's an innovative use for shampoo". And then I thought "And when Carol told me she washes her cashmere sweaters in shampoo, I thought THAT was pretty innovative". And then "Cashmere, what does that remind me of? Oh YEAH, I was going to dye that cashmere sweater today". :D