Wine on Grand Princess

kjg46

We just finished out British Isles cruise on the Grand. One of the wines we had at our dinner was Menu # 52 Pouilly Fume, Loire Valley, France. Does anyone know who produces this wine etc.? I asked the stewart to write down the name but he did not provide enough info for my local wine store to identify.

Thanks

KJG

Pouilly fume is a type of wine from France - sorry I'm obviously not a wine buff!!

It is readily available in the Uk at most supermakets and wine merchants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pouilly-Fum%C3%A9 lets you know basically what grape so you can ask your wine store in the USA and they may be able to find it for you. Hopefully someone from the USA can help you with where to buy.

P.s. we are on the Grand in August - did you have a good trip?

We just finished out British Isles cruise on the Grand. One of the wines we had at our dinner was Menu # 52 Pouilly Fume, Loire Valley, France. Does anyone know who produces this wine etc.? I asked the stewart to write down the name but he did not provide enough info for my local wine store to identify.

Thanks

KJG

Unfortunately, there is no info on the producer. All you have is the region & sub-region in France. It could be one of 10,000 chateaux producing that wine you drank.

That's the problem w/ the wine lists on Princess ships. They don't include vintages and for the European wines, they don't even bother to tell you the producer either, i.e. basically it's like like saying Merlot, Napa Valley.

I have Princess Grapevine winelists from the last few times that I attended a wine tasting. The Pouilly-Fume, Loire Valley, is the same #52 on all of them - no label.

Winelists from various Princess ships can be found at www.cruiseclues.com

CC contributor LARGIN knows a lot about Princess wines and may know the name of the wine you're inquiring about. Maybe he'll see this thread and be able to help :D

Cheers!

Chris

A little tip for the future. If there's a wine you really like try to take the label off of the bottle and save it. Now yes this usualy means soaking the bottle in water. If you can't get it off then write the info down, everything on the label. This way you can take it to a wine store and ask them if they have it. I got this tip from a wine expert. I don't know how to spell somellier, :eek: my brother's one.

Strummer;

Yes, we had a "grand" time on the Grand. The British Isles cruise is very port intensive. The French held a strike at Le Harve. We wanted to go to Normandy but the ship was diverted to Dover.

Thanks all for everyone comments re my wine question.

KJG

I have Princess Grapevine winelists from the last few times that I attended a wine tasting. The Pouilly-Fume, Loire Valley, is the same #52 on all of them - no label.

Winelists from various Princess ships can be found at www.cruiseclues.com

CC contributor LARGIN knows a lot about Princess wines and may know the name of the wine you're inquiring about. Maybe he'll see this thread and be able to help :D

Cheers!

Chris

Hiya Chris.. Hope all is well with you.. As for the wine, sorry cannot help. Since I prefer the reds I did not pay attention to the whites on Princess. As for the Pouilly-Fume, I heard that the 2005 Francis Blanchet isn't bad.. It is around $20 at your local store..

There are many producers of Pouilly Fume in Loire Valley,

Four good ones are the following wineries: Christian Salmon, Pascal Jolivet, Domain Sequin, and Blanchet. Don't remember if one of them is the producer of #52 on the Grand.

Archived