Dress Code Question

Just returned from a 4 night cruise. Haven’t cruised RCCL in about 4 yrs. I understand wearing “what you want “ but obviously there is NO dress code, at least on Mariner. In the MDR bathing suits with see through cover ups were allowed - with flip flops. We saw that on multiple nights. It was quite common to see board shorts or gym shorts and flip flops on the guys. Are there no rules any longer fleet wide or just this ship? This was our 4th cruise in 14 months (all different cruise lines) and this was the first time I’ve seen this.

Fleet wide

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned from a 4 night cruise. Haven’t cruised RCCL in about 4 yrs. I understand wearing “what you want “ but obviously there is NO dress code, at least on Mariner. In the MDR bathing suits with see through cover ups were allowed - with flip flops. We saw that on multiple nights. It was quite common to see board shorts or gym shorts and flip flops on the guys. Are there no rules any longer fleet wide or just this ship? This was our 4th cruise in 14 months (all different cruise lines) and this was the first time I’ve seen this.

I have no personal experience but have read on cc that this itinerary and ship has been labeled a booze cruise . Lots of bad reviews about that ship. Short cruises attract a different crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not a big rule follower.

However we do like to dress fairly decent and look nice for dinner & beyond.

Usually the people who say "Why dress up, I am on vacation" are the folks who get dressed up daily for work and want a break from it.

Although no one really cares what others wear, I personally would never show up for dinner looking sloppy and embarrass my wife. unless it was the buffet.

Perhaps its time to go shopping...

This made me laugh. I can’t even imagine getting dressed for dinner and having my husband show up in gym shorts. To say it would be a long cruise is an understatement. And we dress fairly casually.

When it becomes too much effort to put on a pair of pants, it’s probably time to rethink cruising.

I have no personal experience but have read on cc that this itinerary and ship has been labeled a booze cruise . Lots of bad reviews about that ship. Short cruises attract a different crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to hear - we took it because our future DIL had never been on a cruise and had a little anxiety about a7 day cruise. It appeared they were trying to attract the Carnival crowd. Was so disappointed in RCCL on so many levels on this cruise.

Play up the romance part of it and get him to look purty for you! You are worth it! We can belch beer breath, and yell at sporting events all year long. How many chances does he get to take you to a nice dining room, all fancied up, and live out the White Knight night with his future wife? :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
I was going to say something very similar. You want some nice photographs. This isn't a trip to Myrtle Beach (also called the Redneck Riviera).

I was going to say something very similar. You want some nice photographs. This isn't a trip to Myrtle Beach (also called the Redneck Riviera).

Why slam Myrtle Beach?

And even if you don’t like MB, while it has some other nicknames, Redneck Riviera is more commonly associated with another geographic region.

From Urban Dictionary: “The Redneck Riviera is located on the Emerald Coast in the The Florida Panhandle city of Panama City and Panama City Beach Florida. Also called LA...Lower Alabama but most affectionately called the Redneck Riviera. A strip of surf and sand that stretches some 95-miles along Florida's Highway #98. The most beautiful beaches in the world. Sugar white sand, gently washed by an azure sea.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums