best cruise for those with Bible interests?

BuckeyeMark

For a biblical itinerary I don't think you can beat the Celebrity Infinity September 29, 2019! Athens to Rome stopping at Mykonos, Rhodes, Cyprus, JERUSALEM OVERNIGHT, Haifa (for Galilee), Crete, Malta and ending up in Rome. There is a similar itinerary on the same ship September 17, 2019. If you are up for short notice and inflated prices (only a few Aqua Class cabins left) we are sailing on the Celebrity Constellation next month (10/30) from Rome and that itinerary includes Jerusalem (overnight), Haifa, Crete and Athens.

I am not sure that several of these ports are being visited by cruise ships right now.

Not showing up here on the Find A Cruise search here on CC, anyhow.

Malta and Athens are not hard to find and, as Cruiser Bruce pointed out, Corinth is easily seen from Athens. For Ephesus you need to look to some of the smaller more "boutique" like cruise lines. I think Azamara may still call there but not sure.

How fast can you pack?

The Regent Seven Seas Voyager departs 7 October 2018 from Athens (from which you can visit Corinth), and sails to Valletta (Malta) and Kusadasi (Turkey) for Ephesus. When you disembark in Piraeus on 17 October, hop on a quick flight from Athens to Tel Aviv Airport, from which you can get to Jerusalem and to the sights in the Galilee on your land trip.

Have a great vacation!

Approx 4 years ago we were on a cruise which stopped at Patmos.

There was a church group of around 24 or so onboard and this was to be a highlight for them. I think (but cannot remember specifically) that they may have had a pre-arranged private service in the Cave of the Apocalypse.

There is lots about Patmos online, and if you go to whatsinport/Greece/Patmos, you can look at the cruise calendar, and each date you click on will bring up a lists of ships calling there, and importantly, their itineraries. This is a fairly quick way to search itineraries.

Our upcoming Oceania Nautica cruise (Athens to Dubai) would be an option, but I believe it's currently sold out.

Piraeus (Athens), Greece (16 Nov d1900)

Patmos, Greece (17 Nov 0800-1800)

Rhodes, Greece (18 Nov 0700-1600)

Limassol, Cyprus (19 Nov 1000-1900)

Haifa, Israel (20 Nov 0700(+1)2000)

Suez Canal (23 Nov)

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (24 Nov 0800-2300)

Safaga, Egypt (25 Nov 0700(+1)1800)

Aqaba, Jordan (27 Nov 0600-2000)

Salalah, Oman (02 Dec 1000-1800)

Muscat, Oman (04 Dec 0700-1600)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates (05 Dec a1200(+1)disembark)

Another resource is cruisetimetables.com

We did a cruise on the Oceania Insignia a couple of years ago that stopped at those places and also Patmos and Israel.

Patmos was very atmospheric - we arrived at the cave v early and joined the service going on and it was a tremendous experience.

Israel was also a real experience. I personally found it scary - there was a security issue when we first arrived and an ongoing heightened state of security - they only reopened access to Bethlehem on the morning of our excursion. But seeing the Sea of Galillee and when we went to Bethlehem, we swopped to a local guide 'George' who was so fantastic and gentle in his manner, he recited the Lords Prayer in Aramaic to us which is still on of my top experiences anywhere. He was a sharp contrast to our main guide who spent 3 long days being pretty offensive to just about every major world religion!