Triumph Review Sept. 18th sailing

Beerman

Embarkation: Got to port at 10:00a.m. Preregistered at waiting area, went through security at 11:00 up to waiting area got sail & sign cards on board and sitting on Lido Deck by 12:10. What a Great way to start!

Food: Good to very Good. Our Dinners were very good in London Dining Room. Regina and Florintino were out wait staff and very very good. Try the corned beef at N Y Deli.Made to order.

Bar staff: Paul and Teni on Lido Deck always greeted us by name. Superb service! They also work the Rome lounge at night. Georgianna at Worlds Way Bar. Seemed a little distant at first but enjoyed our conversations with her. Meet their b/4 dinner. Very good Chocolate Martini's!

Shows: some better than others but all worth going to see. Adult comedy shows were hilarious. Majic show very good.

Cleanliness: How people can complain is beyond me. With 3,000 people on board they do a very good job. I saw people just drop things everywhere, heck 1 person just dropped a ice cream cone on the floor and walked away. Just because your on vacation IMHO don't be a slob! Maybe I've been raised a little different.

Debarkation: This is where things got twisted a bit, mostly due to Hurricane Jeanne and our 2 xtra days at sea. AND THIS IS NOT CARNIVALS FAULT! I'm sure things would have gone smoother had we gotten into port on time. We waited and waited and waited, as we were the last deck called. Also had high tide so gangway was more steeped than normal, and must have had a lot of people having trouble. Carnival kept apologizing for the delay. Also it didn't help that there were alot of people who chose to take early debarkation and carry all of their own luggage off. That does slow things down also.

Final summary: I will sail Carnival again and I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Triumph again. The ship is not that difficult to get around on.

Specific ? terdog920@aol.com

Almost forgot Cabin Steward: Francesco always spoke to me in hallway. Very helpful and kept ice filled all day for us.

Thanks Beerman for a wonderful review of Triumph. I will be going in June 05 and have been reading many different reviews of Triumph--mostly not good. People need to have respect of where they are and if you spill something try to clean it up or notify someone--same as if you were home--if you spill it clean it up. Any other information about the Triump you would like to pass along to me I would greatly appreciated. Email me at Harconley@rivnet.net.

KarenConley

Karen, this was a very accurate review in my mind. We did Eastern on Triumph last October and loved it. In fact there was nothing negative we could say about it. Food was great, service wonderful and the ship itself was beautiful. Our wait staff and cabin steward couldn't do enough for us too bad so many of the passengers are slobs. You will love it. If you have any specific questions you can e-mail me at bunkie103@yahoo.com

We did the western. Went to Cozumel, then Costa Maya, then Ocho Rios. Didn't do any excursion. Went for R & R and to Party. Carlos and Charlies in Coz, and Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville in Ohio Rios.

Hey Beerman, we leave on the 16th of this month on the Triumph Western. How was Costa maya, we were looking forward to swiming with the stingrays again in Grand Cayman but that is definitly out of the question now. Also how was Jimmy Buffet's place in Ocho, we did the falls last year and just plan on spending time in Margaritaville this trip.

Bigd332 Costa Maya had shops as soon as you got off ship. Didn't do much shopping there. There is a couryard area that has a bar with pool where ship employees hang out that got pretty crazy. If you go to Costa Maya on Cruise ports at bottom of CC page you might find something that interests you. Margaritaville at Ohio Rios was a blast swim up pool bar , pool slide (very fast) but fun and hot tub right b/4 you go down the slide. Music, Dancing and real time party. Cruise employees also hang out there. Got there when it opened and left 1/2 b/4 ship left. Well worth the 100.00 spent.

Hey Beerman, we leave on the 16th of this month on the Triumph Western.

Hey Bigd332, We will also be on this cruise with you. It's good to finally hear of someone else on this cruise with us. I hated to hear that we were going to miss Grand Cayman, because its probably my second favorite stop after Cozumel.

Stingray

Yea it is really strange on this Carnival board, I started a couple of roll call threads for this cruise and never had a response. On our RCCL last year we had a group of about 25 people keeping in touch months before the cruise. I know what you mean about missing GC, we had a blast there last year doing the stingrays with Sotos. Were abouts in Missouri are you from. We were at Fort Wood for over a year back in the 80's and really loved the area. We were there the year the Cards beat the Brewers in the World Seris, and us from Milwaukee having to suffer through the coverage in the St. Louis paper. What do you have planed for Cozumel and Ocho Rios? The only port that we had anything set in stone for was GC.

Actually I started a roll call also at the following address

if you wanted to read it and there was one other person

who replied to it and he and his wife will be with and they

are from the UK I believe he said. They are also doing back

to back cruises on the Triumph and will be on the week

before us also.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=82400

Actually we're from the other side of the state near

Kansas City so I don't really follow the Cardinals to close.

I think in Cozumel we are probably going to do one of the

beaches in the morning, probably Paradise Beach or

Chankanaab, then do some shopping in the afternoon and

then probably Carlos & Charlies in the evening, unless I

can find someone to do a scuba excursion with then I may

do some scuba diving. One thing we want to do in Ocho Rios

is to govisit Margaritaville at least for a little while but

haven't really decided what else to do.

Check out the roll call if you get a chance.

Stingray

Yea it is really strange on this Carnival board, I started a couple of roll call threads for this cruise and never had a response. On our RCCL last year we had a group of about 25 people keeping in touch months before the cruise. I know what you mean about missing GC, we had a blast

I have had the same experience... I am sailing the Triumph again on Nov. 6th and there are very few of us communicating...On other cruises...Big crowds!... Strange! :(

I too was on the 9/18 sailing of the Triumoh. It was my first cruise and I loved it!!!! Since I have never been on a cruise I did not miss Grand Cayman. I did love Costa Maya once I found the swim up bar!!

The cruise director was Mark Price and the assistant was WEEEEEEE Jimmy. I thought they were both terriffic.

The piano man's name comes up blank for me, even though I was in there several nights. He was great.

My best recommendation is the cocktail "Mango kiss on the lips"

The piano players name was Greg. One night he did an adult only show at midnight. It was pretty funny hearing him WARN EVERYONE who who came into the lounge about the content of his lyrics. Mark Price CD was very good as was WEEEEEEEEEE Jimmy Assistant CD. The talent show was pretty good. 5 performers.They save the best last.

Karen: We sailed on the Triumph (western) in March 2003 and absolutely loved it. Guess I haven't been reading reviews of the Triumph lately but both my DH and I thought it was great and remember reading tons of reviews prior to our cruise and most were very positive. The piano bar was the hopping place every night and we loved singing...it was a great time!! The islands were great and the ship very good. No problems for us. We were upgraded to a cat 11 on the Empress deck and loved the location. The balcony was nice but wouldn't necessarily need it again. We spent so much time up on deck! Everyone has differing opinions and one person could rate the same cruise a 10 and another person hate it. It's all about attitude. Go and enjoy!! Don't worry that you don't have people responding to your roll call. I find that many times you think you are going to catch up with people and you don't for whatever reason. Have fun!!

Archived