Haven Sundesk on Escape

apietros

Hi friends! I read on another forum that the Haven sundeck does not allow children anymore. I kind of don’t believe this — does anyone know??

TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi friends! I read on another forum that the Haven sundeck does not allow children anymore. I kind of don’t believe this — does anyone know??

TIA!!

As far as I know, the Haven sundeck was always for adults only. The Haven pool area is open to families.

As far as I know, the Haven sundeck was always for adults only. The Haven pool area is open to families.

I’ve had my son with my on the sundeck, so I’m not sure this is true. Or maybe he was just laying, reading a book or playing Uno with me so no one said anything?

The Haven was developed for families. No part of the Haven is adult-only.

I read the same announcement as the OP did, posted by a travel agent.

But TWO, question for you - we'll be on the Epic. Is the Haven-adults-only sundeck on the Epic the Posh beach club, whereas the 'regular' Haven sundeck is for everyone?

I read the same announcement as the OP did, posted by a travel agent.

But TWO, question for you - we'll be on the Epic. Is the Haven-adults-only sundeck on the Epic the Posh beach club, whereas the 'regular' Haven sundeck is for everyone?

I’ve never been on Epic, but have been in Breakaway and Escape Haven’s a total of 5 times and I’ve never had any issues with my son being anywhere in the Haven. I truly hope this is not a new policy.

My understanding is that this is for Escape only and was just implemented today (effective immediately). Shoreside concierge wouldn't necessarily know that.

Where did you hear this? Do you think its this weeks cruise specifically and not other ones because of certain behavior this week? This is just the sundeck and not pool area?

Where did you hear this? Do you think its this weeks cruise specifically and not other ones because of certain behavior this week? This is just the sundeck and not pool area?

Just the upper outdoor sundeck, not the pool area. Heard from someone i know who is on the ship currently.

Just the upper outdoor sundeck, not the pool area. Heard from someone i know who is on the ship currently.

Thanks for the info - if you could find out if this is for this week only, that would be appreciated.

TIA!!

I thought the Haven Sun deck was alway 18 and over , the Haven Court yard is for families too, but not 100% sure. I know that H2o is adult only during the day and has signs posted , ( Getaway and Breakaway) I'm assuming the Escape is the same, but that wasn't the question :) but just like any other rule I'm sure its not being enforced.

Marion

Edited by Letsgo 2

TWO, question for you - we'll be on the Epic. Is the Haven-adults-only sundeck on the Epic the Posh beach club, whereas the 'regular' Haven sundeck is for everyone?

Half and half.

The Posh Club is adults only.

There is no “regular” Haven sundeck on the Epic other than the Posh Club.

Half and half.

The Posh Club is adults only.

There is no “regular” Haven sundeck on the Epic other than the Posh Club.

Thanks very much. I think the deck plans are confusing me because there seem to be four areas on deck 18... they say "sundeck" (very front), "courtyard sundeck" (tiny, looks like it might overlook the Haven courtyard), public sundeck (on port and starboard sides) and Posh.

This is the photo posted on FB. That FB thread has gotten pretty NASTY IMO BTW.

5aec03428cac1e927e1506c71d0dc496.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stopped reading it and will be removing myself from that forum.

I'm both surprised and disappointed.

I recommended that part of the Bliss sundeck (starboard side) be adult-only since that's the side where VIBE is and that the port side could be all ages with a wall/door separating the two halves. The Bliss Haven sundeck is much larger than Escape's.

To do it on Escape without warning is....typical NCL, I guess.

If they made it 18+, then NCL might as well open the door between the Haven sundeck and VIBE.

Strange....:o

Last week I witnessed one hot tub filled with young boys. The other hot tub had a group of kids taking turns jumping in from the side and an attendant standing next to it with a big squeegee broom cleaning up the water each time a kid took a turn. Earlier that day a toddler was in that same hot tub. A few days before kids jumping from lounger to lounger in the shallow part (so dangerous in my opinion). Something guests should know before spending the money for the Haven. The courtyard area was great if you have kids - if you don’t have kids the area in my opinion was unusable most of the week. Can an adult really get in a hot tub with someone else’s kids? In my opinion no. As long as I know this before I book I’m fine with it.

Last week I witnessed one hot tub filled with young boys. The other hot tub had a group of kids taking turns jumping in from the side and an attendant standing next to it with a big squeegee broom cleaning up the water each time a kid took a turn. Earlier that day a toddler was in that same hot tub. A few days before kids jumping from lounger to lounger in the shallow part (so dangerous in my opinion). Something guests should know before spending the money for the Haven. The courtyard area was great if you have kids - if you don’t have kids the area in my opinion was unusable most of the week. Can an adult really get in a hot tub with someone else’s kids? In my opinion no. As long as I know this before I book I’m fine with it.

Was this on the Escape?