Help getting to ATT Park

Pearl64

We are coming in early before our Crystal cruise in August. We are staying at the Columbus Motor Inn. I managed to get noon tickets to Alcatraz. My question is this. We want to see the Giants play against Pittsburgh later the same day. The game is at 7:15. Can we do this? Any place close by the pier to grab something to eat? I guess we could wait until we get to the ball park if necessary. How do we go from the pier for Alcatraz to the ball park? Public transportation or Uber or taxi? Then how do we get back to our hotel? Also, when I looked on the Giant website for tickets, I noticed a box for a coupon. Where might one find these?

Thank you locals for any advice. We are excited to see your city.

Absolutely...Uber, taxi, even a pedicab. You could even walk, but it is a little bit of a walk- about 2.5 flat miles, from Pier 33 to the ballpark. There are tons of places to eat anywhere from the Alcatraz Pier to the ball park.

I would take a cab or Uber back to your hotel.

A quick look at Google Maps will lay this all out clearly.

There's also the E electric vintage trolley line or N & T light rail line that stops directly in front of AT&T.

$2.75 pp each way, be sure to grab a "transfer" which allows you to ride other lines or buses, except cable cars, for up to an hour after issuance.

The Public House restaurant is connected to ATT park and has it's own entrance to the ballpark. It's been a few year since we have been there but the food was good and nice thing is you can wait until the last minute and not fight the major line going into the park.

Momo's across the street from the ballpark is excellent, also. But lacks the exclusive gate.

I would UBER from the pier to near the park and if the traffic get to jammed, which it probably won't if you're going early enough to eat, you can have the driver drop you and walk.

Pearl64 I am not a local although used to live in the Bay Area.

I have taken several Crystal Cruises though and also have gone to ATT Park many times.

If you do like to walk it is a nice walk from where you will return from Alcatraz to the Park but as others said other options to include Uber.

The park has great food so if you can hold off until the game I would just eat there. Remember you can get into the park before the game.

I would say the food served at ATT Park is one of the best (if not the best) of any ballpark we have gone to.

Have a great time. Do remember this is San Francisco and weather is a variable. You may need jackets at night to stay warm so check out the forecast for that evening so you are prepared.

Keith

• 1 month later...