email - Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line: Breakaway - Cancelled

princess_mom

Why did NCL send this email to me referencing my reservation number but it doesnt look like my sailing is affected? The subject line completely freaked me and my fellow cruisers out!!

Did anyone else get this accidentally or did they send it to EVERYONE??

:mad:

Thanks, Lori

I got it too... I am on the Nov 26, 2017 sailing and I completely freaked out because of the email. I just posted on the Nov 26 roll call and then saw that you had posted the topic. I was ready to launch into full-blown panic mode.

I called NCL, and there was a typo/glitch, and all Nov/Dec Breakaway sailing reservations were emailed, including Nov/Dec 2017. All sailings in 2017 are sailing as scheduled and are unaffected by the re-positioning in 2018.

I did ask a supervisor if he could do anything about pushing for some kind of email sent out ASAP to the 2017 pax who got the email by mistake apologizing for the mistake and making it clear our sailings are not actually cancelled. I got the "I will send your suggestion to the communications team", so I won't get my hopes up. :rolleyes:

I did ask a supervisor if he could do anything about pushing for some kind of email sent out ASAP to the 2017 pax who got the email by mistake apologizing for the mistake and making it clear our sailings are not actually cancelled. I got the "I will send your suggestion to the communications team", so I won't get my hopes up. :rolleyes:

LOL - it doesnt help that the subject line was cut-off in my email so it took me a few minutes to figure out that my sailing isn't affected. Thanks for calling them, I was on a work call when I saw the email and almost screamed out loud :o

I don't think I got the email -- what is cancelled? I'm supposed to be on BA 11/5

All persons holding bookings on Breakaway any time from now on received it... even though only specific sailings are affected. If you booked through a TA the notice went to your TA and they probably did not forward it if it does not affect you. Because they have a brain, unlike NCL communications today!

Why did NCL send this email to me referencing my reservation number but it doesnt look like my sailing is affected? The subject line completely freaked me and my fellow cruisers out!!

Did anyone else get this accidentally or did they send it to EVERYONE??

:mad:

Thanks, Lori

I got nothing and I'm on the 10/28/18 Gem NYC to NOLA repositioning cruise which obviously is not happening.

I also got nothing, and I'm on the 03/06/19 Breakaway Eastern Caribbean, which is definitely not happening from NYC. Sigh.

Too bad your cruise is canceled will get your money back, harder to cruise solo on the Gem. Good luck.

Too bad your cruise is canceled will get your money back, harder to cruise solo on the Gem. Good luck.

The left hand has absolutely no idea what the right hand is doing. I just got the cancellation email, about 10 minutes after my PCC told me the cruise was definitely not cancelled. Time to start looking into other options. Ugh.

Edited by the_redhead

It sure caused a lot of panic in my household too, because we have 3 cabins booked. :mad: Fortunately, I made a call to my PCC who investigated and calmed my shattered nerves. Was sure glad when that correction letter arrived.

It sure caused a lot of panic in my household too, because we have 3 cabins booked. :mad: Fortunately, I made a call to my PCC who investigated and calmed my shattered nerves. Was sure glad when that correction letter arrived.
Same here. My sister and mum are booked on the breakaway as well and they were pretty upset when I gave them the news but I called my PCC and he cleared everything up for us.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

The email I got said that I can change to the Escape for the same price and promotions as my cancelled cruise. (Or if the new dates don't work I can put my deposit towards any cruise or get my money back. They will also pay up to $200 per person in airfare change fees).

I don't think that there is anything to panic about!

The email I got said that I can change to the Escape for the same price and promotions as my cancelled cruise. (Or if the new dates don't work I can put my deposit towards any cruise or get my money back. They will also pay up to $200 per person in airfare change fees).

I panicked because it was hell for my husband to get vacation time for December and I just know it would be the same trying to book for another time.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

With a year or two out, yeah I wouldn't have minded too much (hell, I would even consider the same room on Escape to essentially be an upgrade with the added dining/drinking venues), but when I thought my sailing in less than 2 months would have required me to tweak the sail date, I almost had a full blown panic attack, because it is too late for my wife to change her vacation date schedule (and it would have been a bit annoying for my department at work as well).

My email said at the current published fare which was $2000 more😳 I'm already losing out on the $184 I paid in travel insurance through Insure my trip for this cruise.

It is published fare if you choose to move to any sailing. If you take one of the Escape sailings your fare and promos are protected. I just called to switch and it is going to cost me about $3 more because the taxes changed. And trust me, my rate is much lower than the new one- only reason I booked in the first place was it was an amazing deal!

With a year or two out, yeah I wouldn't have minded too much (hell, I would even consider the same room on Escape to essentially be an upgrade with the added dining/drinking venues), but when I thought my sailing in less than 2 months would have required me to tweak the sail date, I almost had a full blown panic attack, because it is too late for my wife to change her vacation date schedule (and it would have been a bit annoying for my department at work as well).

I hear you! In addition to my January 2019 cruise that is affected we have a cruise booked in three weeks. My heart dropped when I saw Cancelled Sailings in my inbox!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the email with the letter. The letter stated make your choice by 17th October or it'l auto cancel. I received the email with the letter (which was dated 4th October) at 5pm on the 16th of October as I was heading in to work. So I didn't even get a chance!!

Rang them on the 17th morning and they said if I wanted to look at the itineraries they'd honour the letter for me even though the time had passed. However on looking at itineraries nothing matched the Christmas and New Year cruise on the BA that I had booked, so we chose to cancel. Just waiting on the deposit refund and I am booking RCI who are going when and where we wanted to go. Shame. I was looking forward to the BA.

My email said at the current published fare which was $2000 more😳 I'm already losing out on the $184 I paid in travel insurance through Insure my trip for this cruise.

Go to https://www.insuremytrip.com/travel-insurance-policies-and-claims/changing-your-travel-plans/ and contact them ... you can change the itinerary, dates, and coverage amounts to another trip.