Seen the video "Ten Reasons to not cruise Princess"?

nini

I’m a firm believer that you are responsible for your own good time. If you don’t have a good time, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly Right! We were on the Crown 7 months ago and loved it. It is our trip. It is our responsibility to have a blast!!

I've seen that review and it made me laugh. Our first cruise was on Carnival Fantasy in 2007. We took 2 of our children as a graduation gift. Fantasy is an older boat but was well maintained and all of the staff were very attentive. My wife and 2 kids had the time of our lives. Most every passenger we came across also were having a great time. Except for this one family . They had constant frowns on their face. We had the displeasure of sitting next to them in the MDR. It was so bad we almost asked for another table but we loved our waitstaff. Every time he would say something to make us all laugh all 4 of them would roll their eyes. It was a couple like us with a 20 something son and his fiance. We enjoyed all the shows and ports. Every time we would see them anywhere on ship at shows or at port they were sour pusses. They didn't join us in the MDR the last night and it was the best dinner of the whole cruise. Our waiter wad even glad not to see them. We ran into them again at the midnight comedy show. It was for adults only. The comedian was great. He started off with a dirty joke and they all got up and left. We think they said 4 words to each other the whole trip. When we go on a trip we go to have fun. Not be grumpy and mean like them.

Well this video reminded me of them. People who can't be happy on a cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I have seen people with a bad attitude like you found at your table always complaining. I ignore them. I laughed about their going to the midnight comedy which is promoted as an adult (no children allowed) comedy show and then walking out when the comedian told a dirty joke. What were they expecting? We love the late night comedies but then we are open minded adults. It did make me laugh however at their antics.

There are people in this world who are miserable which is self inflicted. My DW's grandfather went to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful to only complain that it was not big enough to warrant the trip. Not sure what he expected.

Always remember that the people who are unhappy will jump on the web to complain loudly many times without any evidence presented while those who enjoyed the experience will most likely not post a comment. Read the criticism cautiously to see if it is really valid.

For us being on a cruise ship in the ocean with meals 24x7, twice daily room cleaning, great entertainment and beautiful ports of call beats being at home anytime. Cruise on.

I wouldn't bother watching this video, as any clicks just adds to their traffic counts for the purpose of monetization, and it's just a bunch of negativity.

Many people seem to have a favorite cruise line that fits their style. IIRC, this young couple's favorite was either NCL or RCCL. The woman liked the other cruise line, because during the boarding process, there was a clown dancing around, ( or some kind of a mascot in costume), and she thought that created a party atmosphere. So, their Princess cruise started out negatively because there was no dancing clown.:rolleyes:

It would never occur to me to expect a dancing mascot in costume during boarding, but that's what they wanted. They spent the video comparing Princess to their former cruise ship, which was clearly their favorite.

I strongly disagreed with their complaint that there was "virtually nothing" to do during the afternoons at sea. Our Princess Patter listed at least a dozen activities between noon and 5 pm. during sea days. - EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

I have seen people with a bad attitude like you found at your table always complaining. I ignore them. I laughed about their going to the midnight comedy which is promoted as an adult (no children allowed) comedy show and then walking out when the comedian told a dirty joke. What were they expecting? We love the late night comedies but then we are open minded adults. It did make me laugh however at their antics.

There are people in this world who are miserable which is self inflicted. My DW's grandfather went to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful to only complain that it was not big enough to warrant the trip. Not sure what he expected.

Always remember that the people who are unhappy will jump on the web to complain loudly many times without any evidence presented while those who enjoyed the experience will most likely not post a comment. Read the criticism cautiously to see if it is really valid.

For us being on a cruise ship in the ocean with meals 24x7, twice daily room cleaning, great entertainment and beautiful ports of call beats being at home anytime. Cruise on.

Some people are just miserable l3itches determined to be nasty and unpleasant about everything. I'd feel sorry for them if they'd only stop trying to drag everyone around them into their miasma.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

All one can say is, this is what happens when some people, get a video camera , a computer ( post editing) and access to the net.

The purpose of it, Look at Me ?.. One thing I like is the two princess bags on the bed.

All in all it is pretty sad, and hope they don't go in princess again. We loved princess and don't want people like this on board.

Can't wait for our next cruise

Cheers Don

I just watched a couple of their other videos posted for this Transatlantic cruise and they were singing praises and were complimentary of how nice the cabin was and that it was a "trip of a lifetime". Although he complained about the coffee in the negative review, he was carrying a cup, in one segment, with no remarks on the "oil" in it. Also, as boring as their experience was, they seemed to have a good time at the magic show where he was selected as a participant. All in all, this young Canadian couple probably got told "no" at the wrong time and decided to be vindictive and post a completely idiotic and negative video review.

I would not hesitate cruising on the Crown.

Yes there two different videos, the first one they were getting a lot of flac for being such whiners and LOOOved NCL. They went back and re-edited it, then reposted it and then received a lot of praises and the number of viewers to their posts increased.

We have been on both Crown's new and old and had a great time. But it seems there will always be people that can nit pic anything. The best example I have is a number of years ago there was a big deal about on the outside fans having dust on the blades, yes imagine the horror of looking up on an OUTSIDE ceiling fan and seeing DUST!!! Of course one wonders how she was able to see dust on a moving fan blade in the first place. Upon reading this epistle I tried on my next cruise; standing and then prone position looking up from a lounge chair, I think I was final able to see it after my 6th long island ice tea but not sure I begin to see pink elephants and talking whales, maybe a yellow submarine or two.

of course one wonders how she was able to see dust on a moving fan blade in the first place. Upon reading this epistle i tried on my next cruise; standing and then prone position looking up from a lounge chair, i think i was final able to see it after my 6th long island ice tea but not sure i begin to see pink elephants and talking whales, maybe a yellow submarine or two.

;p:DLOL ! That's hilarious. Thank you for the day brightener. :p

We are currently on the Crown for the 10 day NE/Canada. It is wonderful. Ship is in great shape and food is delicious. Can not imagine what folks find to complain about. Have not heard a single complaint in 6 days so far. Sailed on her years ago and see no difference!

Saw that video a few months back, and their complaints were ridiculous and petty.

True, they are somewhat silly & petty because most of the people on this board have sailed Princess and know better.

What about the people who have never even sailed any cruise ship?

I could only wonder what they think.:confused: