Sea Princess Australian Cruise

reedy8

Hello

This is only my second cruise (apart from a River Cruise) and my first on Princess. The other was on Royal in a Grand Suite thanks to the upgrade paid for by a kind benefactoress (which may have spoilt me for life) though I realise that Sea Princess is one of their older ships with quite small cabins so am taking that into account.

I have some questions, more perhaps from Australian Cruisers as Sea Princess does spend the warmer months in our waters.

I have read they have a happy hour, buy 1 get 1 drink for $1. Can you tell me what time the happy hour is please.

I'm confused about restaurants. The list of restaurants on Sea Princess on their .http://princess.com.au/ website doesn't match the restaurants on the deck plan.

Included Restaurants has:Anytime (new from September) Traditional, Chocolate Journeys, Horizon Court, Terrace Grill, Amuleto Cafe & Room Service

However, the deck plan has Cafe Cornice and lists the Buffet and Horizon as separate restaurants.

Is the Amuleto just a new name for Cafe Cornice?

Thanks

I have read they have a happy hour, buy 1 get 1 drink for $1. Can you tell me what time the happy hour is please.

The BOGO $1 is usually from 3:00-4:00pm and 10:00-11:00pm (sometimes 11:00-midnight). Locations are listed on the Daily Patter and may vary on ships.

The Amuleto Cafe shows on the deck plans. It's on the port forward side of the Horizon Court. The "buffet" shown on the deck plan is where the actual buffet serving stations are within the Horizon Court. The rest is seating. One side of the Horizon Court seating area is turned into the Sterling Steakhouse in the evenings.

What deck are you seeing Cafe Cornice on? I can't see that anywhere on the deck plans.

The Amuleto Cafe shows on the deck plans. It's on the port forward side of the Horizon Court. The "buffet" shown on the deck plan is where the actual buffet serving stations are within the Horizon Court. The rest is seating. One side of the Horizon Court seating area is turned into the Sterling Steakhouse in the evenings.

What deck are you seeing Cafe Cornice on? I can't see that anywhere on the deck plans.

It is listed on deck 8 Dolphin: http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CP&version=5

Cafe Cornice is on Deck 8 and is used at lunchtime as a pizza parlour or at least it was on our cruise a month or so ago. At other times you will find this area occupied by people playing card games etc.

• 2 months later...

Deck 8 is corniche , which is pizzeria, open for lunch and dinner except port days. There sre 2 restaurants, traviata and rigoletto, for breakfast lunch and dinbber, sterling stk house is only paid extra restaurant, this takes over a section of horizon court in the evenings. Horizon court is buffet, cafe amuletto is included. There is Riviera grill outside on deck 14. There is also coffee shop on deck 5 which has snacks from morning till about 5/6pm. Specialty coffees are extra,,buy a coffee card and it is cheaper. However, the ship is currently , or about to undergo refit, so some of this info probably will change. I have just finished the world cruise on board sea princess, in september, my 2nd, and i loved it. Will be looking at future worlds on it .

Hello

This is only my second cruise (apart from a River Cruise) and my first on Princess. The other was on Royal in a Grand Suite thanks to the upgrade paid for by a kind benefactoress (which may have spoilt me for life) though I realise that Sea Princess is one of their older ships with quite small cabins so am taking that into account.

I have some questions, more perhaps from Australian Cruisers as Sea Princess does spend the warmer months in our waters.

I'm confused about restaurants. The list of restaurants on Sea Princess on their .http://princess.com.au/ website doesn't match the restaurants on the deck plan.

Included Restaurants has:Anytime (new from September) Traditional, Chocolate Journeys, Horizon Court, Terrace Grill, Amuleto Cafe & Room Service

However, the deck plan has Cafe Cornice and lists the Buffet and Horizon as separate restaurants.

Is the Amuleto just a new name for Cafe Cornice?

Thanks

Back from the little 4 day South West cruise, was good. What I particuarly liked about Princess over RC was all the lounges you could sit in to read, play cards, have a drink with friends, much better than RC. Bit rough coming back around the south west cape but thats pretty normal. They still had BOGO $1, the pizza was very good and I have heard it will still be there after the reno currently being done in Singas but they will be adding more Italian food to the menu. Alas, after the refit we will get the Sun Princess in the west, the newly renovated Sea Princess will go east. Isn't that always the way.

Edited by reedy8
spelling errors

I was also on the 4 Day Fremantle Albany Fremantle cruise. As mentioned the happy hour was in the Wheelhouse Bar at 3pm and again later at night. It now has anytime dining at the Traviata on Emerald Deck 6. Traditional dining is in the Rigoletto a deck below, Plaza Deck 5.

One of the best features of the Sun, Sea, and Dawn is the pizzeria but the only one left is on the Sea Princess. The Sun had Verdi's which is now a Curtis Stone Share with a cover charge. The Magnum's Bar on the Sun with the comfortable chairs and couches has been replaced by a Sushi Restaurant which also has a cover charge. I've been on the Sun twice since the conversion and only a few people have been in either venue. The Dawn still had both of these great and popular free eateries and the ship was given away to P&O. The Sun Princess is the oldest ship in the whole fleet but they kept it. Seems like a great way to self-destruct. Of course Princess and P&O are both part of the Carnival Corporation so it was just a change of hands for them.

Fortunately the Sea will still have the Nook (same as Magnums) and the pizza restaurant will have additional Italian offerings like La Scala had on the Dawn a few years ago. I'll be sailing on the Sea in January 2018 out of Brisbane so I'm looking forward to seeing the changes.

• 3 months later...

Hi Redeye

I am on the Around Australia cruise on the Sea Princess in March/ April and we have one day in Albany. I was wanting to visit the beautiful beach ( can't remember the name, but it costs to go on the beach...probably a National Park) and wondered what is the best way of getting there? Is there public transport? Is it a tender port? Do you have any other suggestions for Albany? Thanks in advance..:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Redeye I am on the Around Australia cruise on the Sea Princess in March/ April and we have one day in Albany. I was wanting to visit the beautiful beach ( can't remember the name, but it costs to go on the beach...probably a National Park) and wondered what is the best way of getting there? Is there public transport? Is it a tender port?..:)
I live in Perth and have cruised to Albany twice on the Sun Princess. Both times there was a bagpipe player on the wharf all dressed up in kilts greeting us on our arrival. Albany is a deep water port and you can walk off the ship. There is a shuttle to town which is only about 1.5km away. I just walk to town - turn left off the ship and there is a pedestrian overpass on the right hand side of the road that takes you into town, 15-20 minute walk. You may be referring to Little Beach in Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve, about 25-35 km east of Albany. I don't know if there are any buses that go out there. When you get into town go to the visitor's centre and they'll have info on transport and other sights.