Voyager back home, stuck in Galveston

Pumbaamd

Voyager returned to Galveston today from Europe and is stuck there for the night because of dense fog. She was to leave tonight for her first Galveston cruise of the season, but the fog has her, and Carnival Conquest, fogged in for the night.

Check out our good friends at the Galveston Cruise Cam thead close by here for up to date details.

Rick and Deirdra

Ugg..I was stuck there Jan 27th sailing,08....We finally left at 8 PM...

The worst part was the waiting in the car for 8 hours trying to get in the parking lot..that happened about 5 pm..Then it was freezing,waiting in line to board..We had to line up OUTSIDE the terminal ...until the finally opened it..

Dave,

You were missed on Oasis.

Your name remained on the Roll Call until the very end.

Oasis was everything that was promised. If you get the chance some day, try her.

We really enjoyed her and with 4600 guests on board, we never felt crowded. They did an excellent job with their planning and engineering.

Rick and Deirdra

Dave,

You were missed on Oasis.

Your name remained on the Roll Call until the very end.

Oasis was everything that was promised. If you get the chance some day, try her.

We really enjoyed her and with 4600 guests on board, we never felt crowded. They did an excellent job with their planning and engineering.

Rick and Deirdra

We stayed home due to work issues for DW...in the end it turned into a busy period for me as well...thankfully.

As for the cam, it is working again...

The clearing may be temp and just in an area....not enough necessarily for the ships to safely leave.

If it is noon tomorrow I guess they are skipping a port.

Fellow RCCI Cruisers:

You can read about my Galveston Fog update on the Carnival thread. Our aft balcony on Conquest overlooks Voyager OTS, and we are both tied to the pier until sometime tomorrow. I keep telling myself, let's all be flexible. Me included.

Thanks for the updates. It feels different not to feel the ship moving underneath you.

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Aft Balcony on Carnival Conquest

We will be leaving this Sunday - will their delayed trip mess ours up? Will we still leave on Sunday?

You will still leave on Sunday provided there are no fog issues then as well. Unfortunately, this is the season for fog in the Gulf Coast area.

We were on the infamous fog cruise in Jan '08. The worst part was waiting outside to check in. Freezing cold, at least to us Texans!!

You promise???:o

Well at least we can check the web cam before we leave the house! It only takes me 45 mins to get to the port. ;)

Anyone know what the big black blob is on the upper right side of Conquest? You can actually see Conquest now, maybe they will get lucky soon.

We did get a 50 dollar OBC :o

RCL is and will always be my first choice but this time money is bringing me back to Carnival for my January 10, 2010 sailing. I just thought you and others would like to know that the people on The Conquest will be receiving a $75.00 OBC. But whether its 50, 60 or 75 dollars I think it is still nice that the cruise lines are giving an OBC.

Check out the Carnival posts for live, update news of whats going on while the ships are in Galveston.

Well at least we can check the web cam before we leave the house! It only takes me 45 mins to get to the port. ;)

Anyone know what the big black blob is on the upper right side of Conquest? You can actually see Conquest now, maybe they will get lucky soon.

Is it from the smoke stacks?

We were on the infamous fog cruise in Jan '08. The worst part was waiting outside to check in. Freezing cold, at least to us Texans!!

Yes, your experience was bad! Myself I don't think being stuck on the ship overnight is near as bad.

I hope there is no fog when the Voyager returns next Sunday. But RCI can't control the weather. We'll hope for the best.

Archived