Junior suite amenities

noppy

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas in October. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary!!! :hearteyes:I am soooo excited!!

We have booked a junior suite. What is included in the suite? Is the coastal kitchen complementary?

Thank you for your responses!!!:D

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas in October. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary!!! :hearteyes:I am soooo excited!!

We have booked a junior suite. What is included in the suite? Is the coastal kitchen complementary?

JS Perks on Harmony:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

Very little aside from more room.

Sometimes JS are allowed to enjoy the Coastal Kitchen, other times they are not.

We enjoy the extra space in the JS and the lounge chairs on the balcony, but there are no true "amentities" to a JS.

We were upgraded to a JS as our regular balcony had a problem this was after arguing with CS for about 4 hours the first night.

In any case, the extra room was very nice and the walk-in closet and bathroom were very nice sized. However after being in it, we just can't come to terms with paying double for a JS, when a regular balcony servers us just fine.

But this is a nice spacious room though, hope you enjoy!

On Harmony the JS's are designed in a manner that makes them look even larger than on Voyager and Freedom class ships. I don't believe they are: just good design. And on HOTS, the balcony cabins are quite a bit smaller than on Voyager and Freedom class ships. So that makes the JS even more worthwhile. If you wish to eat dinner in CK a couple of times, you need to go early and make reservations. On our HOTS cruise, CK was booked up every night with suite and Pinnacle cruisers. There was a wait list nightly.

Sorry....but there is no walk-in closet in the JS on HOTS or Quantum class. This is the one feature about the JS that RCI should not have messed with and check out those tiny sliver's they call nightstands...Not a fan of the Quantum decor at all :eek:

Back in December 2016, I had a JS on HOTS and thought it was hilarious that I had dinner access to coastal kitchen, yet my sea pass would not open the door in the evening. We dined their almost every night, but had to wait for someone to open the door. I also agree no walk in closet on HOTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry....but there is no walk-in closet in the JS on HOTS or Quantum class. This is the one feature about the JS that RCI should not have messed with and check out those tiny sliver's they call nightstands...Not a fan of the Quantum decor at all :eek:

One more reason Quantum is at the bottom of our list.

This is my first time in a Jr Suite, do you need reservations for Coastal Kitchen? And when do you make them, when you first get on board. Is there an age limit? My DS is 16 and he would be going with us.

Thanks!

This is my first time in a Jr Suite, do you need reservations for Coastal Kitchen? And when do you make them, when you first get on board. Is there an age limit? My DS is 16 and he would be going with us.

Thanks!

No age limit, lots of kids there, especially in the morning. Make reservations by seeing the host/hostess a CK, or calling. I'd make them when you first get on board.

Thanks!

We are in a JS on Anthem August 17th and have My Time Dining- was already able to make our dinner reservations for every night there.

We are in a JS on Anthem August 17th and have My Time Dining- was already able to make our dinner reservations for every night there.

Are you saying you made MTD reservations in Coastal Kitchen, or you made Coastal Kitchen reservations in MTD?

No age limit, lots of kids there, especially in the morning. Make reservations by seeing the host/hostess a CK, or calling. I'd make them when you first get on board.

Since the OP is asking about CK for JS, I thought i would mention that JS do not get CK for breakfast or lunch, only dinner.

And we had to knock on the door every evening, too :o

What is the Coastal Kitchen/ and what is the difference in menu's etc./

It's a "free" restaurant for full suite guests and Pinnacle Club C&A members. It has a completely different menu than the Main Dining Room.

Here is a sample:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52476579&postcount=6

We had booked a jr. suite on the Harmony back in January and I was all happy as clams till bob was kind enough to give me the low down on the jr suite perks. If you can swing the cash, upgrade to a grand suite as we did. 24 hour suite lounge with a great comp. expresso machine. Breakfast, lunch. and dinner in coastel kitchen. We spent a lot of time in the suite only deck that is above the solarium and has a private bar, shaded lounge areas, soft beds in the sun to relax on, towels that you don't have to check in and out, and they went around handing out fresh fruit and water at times. There are saved seats for most shows including the aqua shows. If you are stopping in Labadee a suite only beach and bbq which was wonderful and not crowded. Mats to float on at Labadee. The room itself was beautiful and was actually 2 rooms and a full bath.

Make sure after you check in at port they don't shuttle you off to your c&a color coded boarding pass area as 2 people tried to do to us but I kept pointing out we were in a grand suite and were finally taken to the suite waiting area where we had priority boarding.

It was worth it to us. At least once.

Almost forgot- comp. internet for 2 and sailaway on the heliport from labadee with ships officers

Edited by getmeouttaohio
want to add something

Folks just in the interest of accuracy, I was just on Harmony this past Mar., in a JS, and it DID have a walk in closet. I know because my wife and daughter had it stuffed full. Kind of confused by those who disagree. Are there JS configurations on Harmony w/o walk in closets​?

24 cruises. Classes; Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, Vision. Newest: Harmony OTS. Oldest: Grandeur OTS.

Folks just in the interest of accuracy, I was just on Harmony this past Mar., in a JS, and it DID have a walk in closet. I know because my wife and daughter had it stuffed full. Kind of confused by those who disagree. Are there JS configurations on Harmony w/o walk in closets​?

24 cruises. Classes; Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, Vision. Newest: Harmony OTS. Oldest: Grandeur OTS.

Thanks for correcting me :o...I guess the person that said the HOTS JS was just like the Quantum class led me astray :eek:

We usually always stay in a JS but last month on HOTS we opted for a Boardwalk cabin...when I'm treating the extended family I have to down size.

We used to sail in Jr. Suites, but after being invited on a suite tour on Harmony we have upgraded. The fact that you can use the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen are nice perks, but don't forget the priority disembarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Ashland.

"Thanks for correcting me :o...I guess the person that said the HOTS JS was just like the Quantum class led me astray :eek:

We usually always stay in a JS but last month on HOTS we opted for a Boardwalk cabin...when I'm treating the extended family I have to down size."

No worries I was just checking myself. Making sure I didn't miss something. Not a lot of perks either way, but I do enjoy the Coastal Kitchen JS benefit, and 2X points. Cheers.