Upgraded to Concierge Guarantee - now what ?

downundermatt

So there was a decent price drop on my forthcoming Iceland cruise and I got upgraded from a Balcony to Concierge Guarantee, keeping my current perks. :)

I am happy with the new Cabin assigned, is there a chance they will move me again ?

And I correct in assuming I will get just the three Captains Club points for a Balcony, versus the five offered for Concierge Class ? (as originally paid)

Appreciate some advice as its my first time I've taken advantage of a price drop.

There is always a chance you could be moved again but any time we had a guarantee cabin, that was the cabin we sailed in. You are correct about the points. You will only get the points allocated from your original category.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked a balcony guarantee and got assigned a concierge cabin you would not receive the extra Captain's Club points, but if you upgraded your initial purchase to a concierge guarantee, then you would generally receive the extra points. Once assigned a room it is quite infrequent to be changed, but on rare occasions is occurs.

We booked an Oceanview and just after final payment prices went down. For the same price we paid, we got a concierge class room with same original 2 perks. We had a 15 night sailing and got 5 pts. per night for a total of 75 pts. Doesn't really matter to us the points as we are elite and too many points away from the next step up!

In that case Matt you should get the extra points. We did it twice, once from 1A to A1 and once from 2B to C3 and both times we got the extra points.

Mailmama, if there is a price drop after your final payment date you need to contact your TA or Celebrity--depending on who you booked with--and ask for the upgrade. Some times you have push a little to get it but it normally not to hard to get it done.