Celebrity's crap website!

Legaldawg

Why should you have to order bag tags. On Carnival after we have finished our documents we can then print as many as we want, with your name and cabin number. To be a"new updated website", it is very antiquated.

You can print as many as you want. If you want the sticky kind you can order those or call for them.

Why should you have to order bag tags. On Carnival after we have finished our documents we can then print as many as we want, with your name and cabin number. To be a"new updated website", it is very antiquated.

And you can print them on Celebrity. Or you can order preprinted tags that are self adhesive that just attach without having to staple paper ones or insert paper onesinto luggage tags that you had to purchase on your own.

And you can print them on Celebrity. Or you can order preprinted tags that are self adhesive that just attach without having to staple paper ones or insert paper onesinto luggage tags that you had to purchase on your own.

Never was able to get them to print nor did ordering them online work. So I just called and had them in less than a week.

I'd be interested in seeing their test plan. There's unit testing, system testing and my personal favorite do-your-best-to-break-it testing. If they just sit folks down with a script that walks them through booking a cruise and managing it in the prescribed many they won't learn much.

The way it reads they are looking for volunteers from outside the company.

Now they're testing? A year after inflicting this travesty of a site on the cruising public? A bit like closing the barn doors after the horses have escaped:mad::mad:

Even when the website works it wastes your time. It advertises a discounted specialty restaurant reservation for the first night of the cruise. When you try to buy it - "Not Available." For weeks now. They keep sending me emails advertising a 3 night specialty restaurant package. Go on the website and the choices are 5, 6 or 8 nights. I've given up and will try to get what I want on embarkation day.

I'd be interested in seeing their test plan. There's unit testing, system testing and my personal favorite do-your-best-to-break-it testing.

That’s my favorite too! Test plan? I doubt they have a test plan. I doubt they even have a requirements document. They’re probably having developers perform minimal testing on their own code, and we know how well that works:rolleyes:

I called the Captian's Club yesterday to pick my dining for a cruise I'm taking in March. I told the young man that I tried many times to do this myself but I could not get in to my account much less to manage reservations. He did not seem surprised. All he was concerned with was if I had checked in. I told him yes, but I really should be able to access my account.

His response made me think that they really only care about checking in and printing your Set Sail pass.

What a shame that even the Captian's Club representative doesn't care.:confused:

Dee

Now they're testing? A year after inflicting this travesty of a site on the cruising public? A bit like closing the barn doors after the horses have escaped:mad::mad:

Possible, just quite possible it is a website not rolled out yet???

bon voyage

One does not have to order bag tags, they are 'usually' available to print after OLCI, as many as you want. No name or cabin number, currently printed on them, yet they can be printed and as I do, insert that info on the tags before I print them...

bon voyage

I called the Captian's Club yesterday to pick my dining for a cruise I'm taking in March. I told the young man that I tried many times to do this myself but I could not get in to my account much less to manage reservations. He did not seem surprised. All he was concerned with was if I had checked in. I told him yes, but I really should be able to access my account.

His response made me think that they really only care about checking in and printing your Set Sail pass.

What a shame that even the Captian's Club representative doesn't care.:confused:

Dee

That is refreshing not to get into a lengthy discussion over the website, especially when there are thousands behind you with similar or seemingly similar complaints and long wait times to speak with them too...

Get your info updated and get you off the phone and move on... it is not a matter of not caring, it is a matter of getting the next person in line attended to. If they have heard one gripe about the website, they have heard hundreds... They are not the IT professionals and yet many callers try to make them out to be when there is a website related problem. That is not their purpose, their purpose is to assist you with items which you were not or are not able to perform online and nothing more or less. All they can do is 'listen' to the complaints and send a summary about the complaints to supervisors who then, possibly, pass them on. Done, heard and reported.

I find it to be a waste of time to call them to complain about the website and not get the task I want completed and the results emailed to me for confirmation. No need to spend more time on the phone than necessary, then causing others behind you to have to wait up to two (2) hours before an agent can get to them... the operative title is agent and NOT IT person.

As well, some of us do not require that much attention from Customer Service, just enough to get our requests completed and confirmed regardless of the fact if we tried to achieve this online or not, as I Am sure many do not even try to do things online for whatever reason.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Possible, just quite possible it is a website not rolled out yet???

bon voyage

After a year of waiting for the remedies to be applied to the newest website and many problems still not being addressed (things not showing in cruise history, issues with check in, luggage tag problems, items being "lost", problems with sign ups for connections parties, profile information not being saved despite a message that it has, not being able to take advantage of sales without calling, etc., etc., etc) the prospect of yet another site and its possible flaws is almost mind boggling. I think that you are a very kind, understanding and patient man. My patience expired with the Celebrity site sometime around September 2017.

The first time we used Celebrity website in 2013 it was O.K. the next year alright. Then it seems to have gone downhill with each re-incarntion. We have just booked Panama Canal cruise for September this year have logged into My Celebrity, obviously we are too early to do online check in but we cannot add passport details or any other fresh information. The idea of online is so that we do not have to waste everyones precious time on the phone expecially is it is a premium number we have to call. (Well thats me vented) Oh also another thing us U.K. sailors cannot evenn order luggage tags now

After a year of waiting for the remedies to be applied to the newest website and many problems still not being addressed (things not showing in cruise history, issues with check in, luggage tag problems, items being "lost", problems with sign ups for connections parties, profile information not being saved despite a message that it has, not being able to take advantage of sales without calling, etc., etc., etc) the prospect of yet another site and its possible flaws is almost mind boggling. I think that you are a very kind, understanding and patient man. My patience expired with the Celebrity site sometime around September 2017.

l - I tend to have a short fuse in some things, but something like this, when I have alternatives to get it done, I go that route and tend not to let it get to me.. if it does get to me, nothing like a nice sipping bourbon to help me forget and think about what a good time I plan on having on my next sailing! :cool:

bon voyage

l - I tend to have a short fuse in some things, but something like this, when I have alternatives to get it done, I go that route and tend not to let it get to me.. if it does get to me, nothing like a nice sipping bourbon to help me forget and think about what a good time I plan on having on my next sailing! :cool:

bon voyage

Sipping bourbon - that would be Maker's Mark for me - no ice, just straight.

Sipping bourbon - that would be Maker's Mark for me - no ice, just straight.

Yes, that is a nice one for sure... my preferred for sippin' is Blanton's, especially when sitting alone watching a movie or just contemplating my next sailing... :cool:

bon voyage

bon voyage

Knowing that is what gets me through the website and keeps me from cancelling!