have you ever worn elegant attire on a casual evening?

muffyn

We dress up in gowns and tuxedos for every cruise. The night we do it depends. If we want to get great formal photos we might dress up before dinner, take pictures, go eat then change. My husband and daughter , son and I have about 12 canvases that we got made on the cruise. It’s the only time we take family portraits . Funny , my daughters now fiancé cruised with us the first time two years ago and he is on our formal pictures in his tuxedo. My son who is 13, has a tuxedo every year. Most times to avoid the crowds we will take pictures on a different night than elegant night. We also take many sunset pictures and pictures on the side decks of our own. Even when it’s not elegant night, we dress up for dinner. We do the same at home too. We just like to get fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of my daytime clothes are dresses except for one day because we are doing an active excursion and so I am dressing in shorts and a tank. My evening clothes are all a little "extra" because this cruise is for my honeymoon and I want to look great every time we go out. I don't care what anyone on the ship thinks except my husband to be!

Dress up, yes they will be happy to sell you pictures!

I’d rather be overdressed than underdressed. And I don’t get a chance to dress up much at home so I enjoy dressing up for dinner on a cruise. I typically wear gowns for elegant night and cocktail dresses or nice dresses for casual night. If you want to dress up, go for it!