Cabin suggestions for Celebrity Summit

Janie1229

What are the best veranda cabins on the Summit? For example, on Princess, there are certain balcony cabins that are slightly bigger than others depending on their location on the ship.

Any recommendations for Summit in veranda or other cabins? Thanks!

They are all good! As far as the size of the cabins, all the verandah cabins are pretty much the same size. The Summit is an M Class ship and if you are interested in a Concierge Cabins are slightly larger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are all good! As far as the size of the cabins, all the verandah cabins are pretty much the same size. The Summit is an M Class ship and if you are interested in a Concierge Cabins are slightly larger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! So is that what "concierge cabin" means, they are slightly larger?

This is from a search I did. Thank you fleckle

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

The labeled balconies (6016 through 6030) are the sweet 16s, on deck 6.

On the other side of the ship, 6021 through 6035 are similar.

Notice how the balconies of deck 7 above are smaller and do not extend out as far.

2cbalconies1-vi.jpg

On M class both Concierge Class cabins and Aqua Class cabins are larger than standard balconies (and they generally cost more as well). Aqua Class is our favorite, as it comes with access to the Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Of the cabins in that category, we like the ones on Deck 11. They were added when M class ships were 'Solsticized' so are newer. We also love their location as it is very quiet and provides easy access to the rear elevator, which in turn provides quick and easy access to the restaurants.

We have also sailed in the Sweet 16 cabins which are the nicest standard cabins due to the larger balconies. They have quick and easy access to the front elevators, which means you are close to the theater, spa, and T-pool.

The Aqua class cabins are our preference. The deck 11 afts have the best balconies with 1140 having the largest balcony in the class. Do note, however, that the deck 11 starboard and port cabins (Aqua class) have smaller mostly uncovered balconies. Aqua cabins are also available on deck 9 with a generous overhang. Cabins aft of 9108 (starboard) and their complimentary cabins on the post side are the most preferred. They are under the Oceanview carpeted area with virtually no noise. Aqua cabins under the pool deck could experience noise from above.

The prime Concierge class cabins are on deck 6. 6135/36 and 6143/44 are the largest in that class.

If you want a basic veranda cabin then consider the sweet 16.

Of course there are always the suites!!!!!

Thank you all for your replies! I feel very confident sailing on Princess, but being new to Celebrity, it's always great to get feedback from people in the know - this forum is a wonderful to place to come and get the best tips and information :D

Depending on your itinerary FV cabins may become available a few months before the cruise. We had one on Infinity for a TA in October 2013, and were able to change our balcony cabin at no extra cost in June 2013.

It had a bedroom, extra bedroom / sitting room and huge balcony.

Infinity and summit are both M class ships.

I have photos to attach, but there is a problem with the app!

Edited by upwarduk

Depending on your itinerary FV cabins may become available a few months before the cruise. We had one on Infinity for a TA in October 2013, and were able to change our balcony cabin at no extra cost in June 2013.

It had a bedroom, extra bedroom / sitting room and huge balcony.

Infinity and summit are both M class ships.

I have photos to attach, but there is a problem with the app!

Managed to attach using my phone.

8da89917f21ab3a708946cc5fa454ede.jpg

eeb80a4fa62be1c2bbd3821db8f57df1.jpg

6d44e6bf9f3f9bd07a5d85486ecde0ed.jpg

d51f26beb3d51a85bd2b6c4b55a4a6e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
How can you request a specific balcony room? I thought that the ships won't let you request when booking?
Unless you are booking a guarantee cabin, you can choose from any available cabin in that category. We booked one of the "Sweet 16" for our cruises on the Summit.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Forums mobile app

Can you explain the difference between selecting vs. a guarantee?

If you choose a guarantee room, you may pay a little less, but you don’t get to select your stateroom, it will be assigned to you. If you opt to pay a little more, you can select your own room. Guarantees aren’t always available. When they need to sell rooms, they offer a discount for the ability to place you where they choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is from a search I did. Thank you fleckle

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

The labeled balconies (6016 through 6030) are the sweet 16s, on deck 6.

On the other side of the ship, 6021 through 6035 are similar.

Notice how the balconies of deck 7 above are smaller and do not extend out as far.

2cbalconies1-vi.jpg

Husband and I are considering booking a repo out of Cape Liberty on the Summit as our first Celebrity Cruise (it's right after daughter's wedding...we figure we could use the relaxation!) and right now quite a few of these 'sweet sixteen' are available at a very sweet price for us (under $600 each for six nights). I had also considered Concierge (under $700) but the locations are not for the 'best' staterooms...those would be just under $1000 for the 6 nights and in my opinion not worth the upcharge.

I was surprised that these larger balcony staterooms were not priced higher, so now considering booking now rather than later. In looking at the photo, would anyone who has been in or seen these staterooms first hand say that 6016/6018/6020 have more shade because of the extra overhang above deck 7?

Husband and I are considering booking a repo out of Cape Liberty on the Summit as our first Celebrity Cruise ...

Last year's Summit repo out of Cape Liberty was my first cruise, and I loved it. I can't comment on the specific cabins you're asking about, but if you book now, continue watching for price drops. That cruise got very cheap last year, even before the hurricanes. I booked a Concierge guarantee in August for less than $550 per person (and I was happy with the cabin I ended up in). Prices dropped even more after I booked.

Last year's Summit repo out of Cape Liberty was my first cruise, and I loved it. I can't comment on the specific cabins you're asking about, but if you book now, continue watching for price drops. That cruise got very cheap last year, even before the hurricanes. I booked a Concierge guarantee in August for less than $550 per person (and I was happy with the cabin I ended up in). Prices dropped even more after I booked.

I noticed that last summer. We started looking at this cruise back in July '17 as we already knew the date of our daughter's wedding and wanted something that left out of the northeast on that Saturday or Sunday. Prices at that point for the 2017 itinerary were pretty low compared to the '18 dates, so I set up a spreadsheet to chart the rates. I figured knowing where the deepest drop was would be helpful if we waited to book.

Of course, the wild card would be the flight cost home from San Juan. Right now I can get a one-way direct from AA for $211. If I recall, the prices of that one way flight last August were running about $250, so not too bad if it stays around the same.

I figured knowing where the deepest drop was would be helpful if we waited to book.

I’m new to cruising, but the understanding I’ve gathered is that you can book anytime and still take advantage of a lower price offered after you book but before final payment. So if cabins you like are available now and the current price is at least acceptable to you, it seems like the best strategy would be to book now to secure your room choice and then request price adjustments if you see the rates fall. But verify with Celebrity and/or your TA, of course. I’m sure more experienced cruisers will chime in here as well with their strategies. Hope you enjoy the cruise!

I’m new to cruising, but the understanding I’ve gathered is that you can book anytime and still take advantage of a lower price offered after you book but before final payment. So if cabins you like are available now and the current price is at least acceptable to you, it seems like the best strategy would be to book now to secure your room choice and then request price adjustments if you see the rates fall. But verify with Celebrity and/or your TA, of course. I’m sure more experienced cruisers will chime in here as well with their strategies. Hope you enjoy the cruise!

You are correct. We book at a price we are willing to pay for a cruise as early as possible so we can secure the most desirable cabin. Then we watch for price drops. When we spot one, we call our TA and ask for the reduction. As an example, our last cruise was booked 23 months out in a concierge cabin. Over the pre-cruise monitoring we had 2 price drops amounting to $400 per person and upgraded to Aqua Class for the same money we'd have paid for Concierge and kept all of our perks. That we exceptional, but we have done well on other cruises with this strategy.

If you choose a guarantee room, you may pay a little less, but you don’t get to select your stateroom, it will be assigned to you. If you opt to pay a little more, you can select your own room. Guarantees aren’t always available. When they need to sell rooms, they offer a discount for the ability to place you where they choose.

Ahh, thanks for explaining! We would probably be will to pay a little more for a guarantee - the "Sweet 16' balconies definitely look good! Are those the 2C class ships? Are we likely to have trouble getting those if booking in the next few weeks for a June cruise?

Ahh, thanks for explaining! We would probably be will to pay a little more for a guarantee - the "Sweet 16' balconies definitely look good! Are those the 2C class ships? Are we likely to have trouble getting those if booking in the next few weeks for a June cruise?

I think you may have your terms confused. "Guarantee" refers to a cabin of a particular category or above that Celebrity will choose for a passenger at their discretion. This will usually be the least expense to the passenger booking a cruise within a category because the passenger has no say about selection. If you want to choose your cabin you do not book a Guarantee.

Generally if you want to book a "Sweet Sixteen" cabin (these are on M-class ships) you need to book almost as soon as an itinerary opens. If you are booking now for a cruise in June of this year it is unlikely that any of them will be available unless one of the early booked cancels. The M-class ships are (Summit, Infinity, Millennium and Constellation). On these ships Concierge Class and Aqua Class cabins are larger than standard verandah cabins. On the S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) the verandah cabins are the same size as Concierge Class and Aqua Class. On the S-class ships the most desirable cabins are those on the "hump" (where the ship bows out near the elevators) where the balconies are larger than normal balconies and those that are aft. I hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Thanks! I know that it is often possible to get price drops by calling to ask, but that is usually the case before final payment. The most significant price drops I saw last year were after final payment date...and were for guarantee staterooms. Not sure that type of price drop would be available to me.

The nice surprise now is I must qualify for some sort of over 55 or state of residence rate since when I entered that information, the price dropped. It's pretty attractive right now and in the range of where I like to book ($100pp/day). Shame the trip isn't eligible for the advertised perk add-ons too...