Royal Suite

lbt43

Is it worth it? Totally subjective to the person answering. For us? It's totally worth it! We love the bar set up in the cabin that continues to be stocked (minus the 1-time delivery of 2 bottles of your choice) and the unlimited specialty restaurants. The shore concierge reached out to us 2 weeks prior to our departure to determine what we wanted in our cabin along with any other special requests or needs. But, the best part for my DH was the powder room. Being the gentleman that he is, he would make a habit of finding another bathroom on the ship for his morning "routine" rather than tie up our Sky suite bathroom. But when we splurged on the Royal suite, there was a powder room along with the main bathroom and he never felt that he had to go elsewhere. Having said all that, we always check on the price of a Sky suite first and compare it to the Royal. If the difference isn't outrageous, we go for the Royal. We don't consider the Celebrity suite because, except for the sq. ft. difference, everything else is pretty much the same, IMHO.

Christina

Booked one for me, husband, son, and his girlfriend both 18. With all the added bonuses of that level of suite it was well worth the price for 4 people! Booked in July with only 3 people called back during Black Friday sale to add the 4th and the price was even less. Price has dropped again and will try calling to see if I can get the lower one again! Worth the try. Only sailed inside staterooms so huge upgrade for me.

Is it worth it? Totally subjective to the person answering. For us? It's totally worth it! We love the bar set up in the cabin that continues to be stocked (minus the 1-time delivery of 2 bottles of your choice) and the unlimited specialty restaurants. The shore concierge reached out to us 2 weeks prior to our departure to determine what we wanted in our cabin along with any other special requests or needs. But, the best part for my DH was the powder room. Being the gentleman that he is, he would make a habit of finding another bathroom on the ship for his morning "routine" rather than tie up our Sky suite bathroom. But when we splurged on the Royal suite, there was a powder room along with the main bathroom and he never felt that he had to go elsewhere. Having said all that, we always check on the price of a Sky suite first and compare it to the Royal. If the difference isn't outrageous, we go for the Royal. We don't consider the Celebrity suite because, except for the sq. ft. difference, everything else is pretty much the same, IMHO.

Christina

Are specialty dining like qsine included?

Christina

Just to clarify that "half" bath in the "S" class Royal Suites does not exist in the M class ones.

I agree. CS, in IMHO, isn’t worth it. My thing is I want to be next to the balcony, not in a set apart room. We did the RS on a cruise to Alaska. That whirlpool was a nice plus even in that weather. The bar setup and the specialty dining, really makes it worth it. But the balcony is wonderful. And the dining table to have a nice quiet dinner with friends.

Bad thing was this was my grandkids first cruise. They think all cruises included a butler and a dining room where the staff knows your every desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We like the Celebrity Suite on the M class better than the RS. Celebrity suite has more useable space in the living area and table for 4. We had a group of 12 for cocktails and Had seating for all with space to move around. The walk-in closet in the CS is larger than the RS closet and the vanity is roomier.

The CS doesn’t get the beverage package, 2 bottles of liquor or speciality dining but we found we got a number of unexpected freebies. We got all 4 perks when we booked so had everything we needed & some and price was $8k cheaper.

We love the Royal Suite but often it's cost is just too much. We have been in a Celebrity Suite several times, far more than in a RS and like it very much. No, it doesn't get the RS perks but it's a very comfortable, spacious stateroom and if you are lucky enough to get one "on the hump" of S class ships your balcony is huge. There is no dining table on the S class ones but the veranda table is quite adequate for dining and wonderful on fair weather cruises. On most of our cruises in the last 4-5 years the CS was 1000's of dollars less than the RS.....

We love the Royal Suite but often it's cost is just too much. We have been in a Celebrity Suite several times, far more than in a RS and like it very much. No, it doesn't get the RS perks but it's a very comfortable, spacious stateroom and if you are lucky enough to get one "on the hump" of S class ships your balcony is huge. There is no dining table on the S class ones but the veranda table is quite adequate for dining and wonderful on fair weather cruises. On most of our cruises in the last 4-5 years the CS was 1000's of dollars less than the RS.....

Your post reminded me clearly of how you really need to do your homework about booking suites rather than just looking at one perspective....Our first Celebrity cruise was in an S class CS and we really didn’t like it at all. We hated the fact the bedroom was so enclosed, missed a table in the suite and our first butler was the only bad one we ever had...

No ones fault but ours that we had booked a suite that we didn’t like....we just hadn’t looked into it enough. We know many, like yourselves, who love the S class CS and whilst we would happily book one on the M class (if I could manage the bath!) I would (regardless of cost) book a Sky Suite rather than a CS on S class....Posts like yours which identity both the strengths and weaknesses of suites are the useful ones for new suite cruisers.