Carnival credit card benefits question

Derbie

the Capital One Venture is the best card out there, 2% points on everything. You can redeem anytime or just trade in miles for airfare, cruises, hotels, or car rentals. They have full travel protection and no foreign transaction fees.

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it to take one out? I have another cruise line card, and I was wondering if offers good benefits. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks,

It’s not a very good card in terms of what you earn for what you spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only real benefit is for the sign up bonus and 10% off Shore Excursions which you can also get via 10% off gift cards (if anyone has questions about this do a search).

It gives horrible returns for your purchases. 1% on everything, 2% on Carnival. I second the Capital One Venture. You get 2% back all day every day and can use it on whatever travel you want instead of one specific cruise line. Even with an annual fee, the sign up bonus on Cap One gives you enough free travel to cover the annual fee for years.

Don't waste your time with the Carnival Card. Haven't used mine since I got the original $100 credit.

Venture card is best for me. Good initial bonus and 2x points for travel work. My wife has the Carnival card and is close to 100k. We would have dropped it a while ago if not for the 100k bonus. If looking for a new card I would not go with the Carnival one.

Now we have Citi's Double Cash Card. We get 2% cash back on everything we use it for.

Just to elaborate on the cash back card...

Citi Double Cash card gives 1% back on purchases and 1% back on payments you make. The net is 2% back on everything.

NO annual fee either.