Short anthem review

metsgiants

I thought the ship was really nice. I had an inside with virtual balcony. The bathroom shower was glass sliding door and spacey enough. The ship always had something to do. The kids program was top notch. The crew was the best I’ve ever encountered. This was my first time on royal. I sailed plenty times on ncl and carnival. If this is the norm or not or did I get lucky. It was literally every worker you encountered was out of their way nice. Really made the cruise . My only negative on the ship for me was the buffet food. It was a 5 day cruise to Bermuda and the buffet never changed much. I couldn’t really find anything I liked most times. Ncl and carnival win here ( buffet) in my opinion except for 1 exception. If your a healthy eater or vegetarian you’ll love the royal buffet. It had so much fresh fruit and vegetables. It had nice looking fruit Kebobs and other creative fruit things. Also their was a Indian section that had vegetarian dishes that. May interest you. So if that’s your thing your in. Main dining room Juan Carlos and his assistant Sherlock are top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the ship was really nice. I had an inside with virtual balcony. The bathroom shower was glass sliding door and spacey enough. The ship always had something to do. The kids program was top notch. The crew was the best I’ve ever encountered. This was my first time on royal. I sailed plenty times on ncl and carnival. If this is the norm or not or did I get lucky. It was literally every worker you encountered was out of their way nice. Really made the cruise . My only negative on the ship for me was the buffet food. It was a 5 day cruise to Bermuda and the buffet never changed much. I couldn’t really find anything I liked most times. Ncl and carnival win here ( buffet) in my opinion except for 1 exception. If your a healthy eater or vegetarian you’ll love the royal buffet. It had so much fresh fruit and vegetables. It had nice looking fruit Kebobs and other creative fruit things. Also their was a Indian section that had vegetarian dishes that. May interest you. So if that’s your thing your in. Main dining room Juan Carlos and his assistant Sherlock are top notch

Glad you liked the Anthem. We are going again in January for a 12 day trip.

I never met a buffet I didn't like actually. I do like the Indian selections on Royal and Celebrity especially.

But I am a Philies/Eagles fan, LOL

Joe

I’ll add the solarium is a really nice spot to grab breakfast. You can sit anywhere in or outside ( which is technically still inside) . Youll see what I mean . It’s a no kid zone though.

The main dining room food was very good. The service I mentioned from the waiter was fast. Food was warm to hot every time. And was good. Good selections.

The queen show is definitely worth watching. I don’t wanna spoil anything just watch it !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by metsgiants

Anthem seems to have "gotten out of the gate" pretty poorly when the ship first launched based on those reviews, but lately the reviews have been FAR more positive than negative. We're still tossing around a 9 night June sailing next year.

Do it, you will not regret it. We did a nine nighter in February and will be doing a 12 nighter in Januarry coming up.

Do it, you will not regret it. We did a nine nighter in February and will be doing a 12 nighter in Januarry coming up.

Really want to but we have a 9 night ABC cruise in March on the Navigator and a two week trip to Yellowstone/Black hills starting in July. Not sure if we can shoehorn a June cruise in also. A good problem to have I guess. :)

Dan