Coral Princess 7-Day Southbound Alaska. D631 - Fiji Suite

Eagle_and_hawk

We were getting hungry as it had been a long time since breakfast. They probably have the best location in town, as one of the last things you pass before returning to the docks. We could have just waited until we were back on the ship, but the fish & chips sounded really good and could smell the seafood while walking past.

37184951755_e55fd15ddf_c.jpgP1070810 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

36370929883_b1a67f9d35_c.jpgP1070811 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

After that, it was on back to the ship.

36787384260_cfbd9a18bb_c.jpgP1070812 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Tuesday - The main dining room menus & it was Italian night.

37042909831_0d8d8f5ec3_c.jpgTue-I by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37042909721_caba2601b5_c.jpgTue-J by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37042909621_222e028f2e_c.jpgTue-K by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Since we had eaten such a late lunch, we were not that hungry. Didn't really want to go to the MDR for dinner, although the spaghetti really sounded good. We decided to take advantage of a suite perk, and order from the MDR menu for room service. It was nice to sit outside while dockside, watching everyone come back from town:

36787661710_5b6ec623d0_c.jpgP1070820 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

When we planned & booked this trip over a year ago, we figured this would probably be our last Alaska cruise. We wanted to do any & everything we wanted too in case it was. We booked the Helicopter Glacier Walkabout excursion. You fly over & land on a glacier, then put on crampons for a hike along the glacier.

We had been looking forward to this excursion all year. The weather did not look too good when we got off the ship. Wait 10 minutes. Yep, it changed, went from bad to worse and they had to cancel the trip for safety reasons.

Since this was our 4th trip, we had done several of the other excursions, and not sure what we would have picked & if anything was even available. We just decided to spend the day in town and head back to the ship early.

We knew tonight was formal night, and had no plans to eat in the MDR, since we had decided not to bring formal wear.

We know we could have went anyway, as read all the threads about it :)

These are MDR menus:

36996133546_5e10baf8bd_c.jpgWed-J by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

36996133416_f61327a4d2_c.jpgWed-k by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37185826285_b683cd28ee_c.jpgWed-L by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We had reservations at the Bayou Cafe for the evening. Since our stop in Juneau didn't work out as planned, we didn't really feel like sitting through a long dinner. Just wanted to eat & head to one of the bars for a while and listen to the bands.

The lobster dinner still sounded good, so what to do, what to do.......

I know :D

37185829585_528f2c14f3_c.jpgP1070832 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

It was too cold, windy and raining outside to sit out there. We don't care what or where we eat, as long as my Bride & I are together. We were done eating in 20 minutes, and off to enjoy the evening.

We were off the ship early and went to find our excursion station. We booked the Misty Fords Wilderness Cruise & Flight.

"This unique tour of the Misty Fjords National Monument combines sea and air for a complete Alaskan experience."

My Sweetie was looking forward to the catarmaran trip to Misty Fjords, and the sea plane trip back would just be the icing on the cake. The weather was cloudy, but much higher ceilings than yesterday and was also looking forward to the sea plane flight. We found the representative and she checking everyone in, and conversing with someone on the walkie-talkie. I am thinking, the weather looks fine. Wait 10 minutes, and it will change. Yep, the water was way to rough for the catarmaran trip, and the excursion was cancelled. We can't get a break. They offered just the sea plane trip, and would refund the difference, but the Misty Fjords part is what we were really looking forward too. We didn't try to find anything else as most of the tours had already left.

So, we walked around town and back to the ship early after shopping.

Glad we had the AIBP :D

Thursday.

The MDR menus:

37192071005_3ed61f2c0f_c.jpgThur-I by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37049881381_ab1f2a57f6_c.jpgThur-J by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37192070875_dc4a9d4ba7_c.jpgThur-K by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We had decided to go with Club Class dining on this cruise, as normally go with early traditional. Well, that and it was the first cruise we had been on that it was offered.

I have to say, we really liked it, for both lunch and dinner.

We didn't have to be there at a certain time, or try and be there early when they opened, when the lines are long. We walked up & was taken directly to a table for two.

I was trying to remember the table set up. There was around 12 tables for two, 4-5 tables for four, and a couple tables for six.

It looked like they used the tables for six, for both 4-6 people as needed, and seemed to work out well, as no one was waiting.

Saturday - Vancouver.

Since we were in a suite, we ordered room service for breakfast. It was a relaxing way to end the trip.

36809795410_37d54a6ea9_c.jpgP1070835 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

The Log of the cruise:

36810135020_074c7e9864_c.jpgSat-A by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

36371113134_5a585931b3_c.jpgSat-B by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37035831312_f280373fd5_c.jpgSat-C by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

36810134540_5bb57042d6_c.jpgSat-D by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We did not plan on flying home until the next day, so took the excursion to Stanley Park, the swinging bridge, salmon farm, and dropped off at the aiport. We were staying the Hilton, which had a free shuttle bus to/from the airport. This worked out well for us, as we really liked seeing a little of Vancouver while were there. The next morning, the trip was over as we flew back home.

One last set of scans, the port Guide for Vancouver:

37035830852_e1d2414b8b_c.jpgSat-E by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

36810134170_6dc62a69de_c.jpgSat-f by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37035829932_40200d4238_c.jpgSat-G by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

37035829392_0c7d11b5fa_c.jpgSat-H by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We sail on Saturday and I'm extra excited for it now! Glad you mentioned room service breakfast on debarkation day - I'd forgotten that's an option and am thinking that's what we'll do to enjoy every last moment of our suite. Thanks for a fantastic review!

We sail on Saturday and I'm extra excited for it now! Glad you mentioned room service breakfast on debarkation day - I'd forgotten that's an option and am thinking that's what we'll do to enjoy every last moment of our suite. Thanks for a fantastic review!

We put the card out on the door the night before and it was delivered on time. I am not sure if they are answering the room service line that last morning or not.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I really enjoyed your review and seeing the patters. We sailed on the Coral to the Panama Canal several years ago and will be sailing her again in Alaska in May 2019 - I can't wait! We have a mini-suite with Club Class and usually order room service for breakfast on our balcony, it might be too cold for that on this cruise but we'll see. 

Again, thank you for the very informative review!!