Sold out cruise

Aspidestra99

What is your experience of being a passenger on a sold out cruise?

Does it impact on activities and access to the lounges, decks, excursions and other facilities? Never having cruised with Cunard before.

I enjoy a busy atmosphere but wonder how the ship and it's staff cope. We will be on Queen Elizabeth in Princess Grill.

Thanks in anticipation of your advice and experience.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

I personally would not worry. Most cruises as far as I know are sold out or nearly sold out particularly in Grills. Cunard ships are particularly spacious and well crewed for ships in the non luxury market. I get the feeling that cunard attracts a large number of single travellers who occupy twin cabins. So sold out may mean all cabins booked but not the maximum number of passengers possible. Also I do not think Cunard get that many families or groups that use the extra berths in cabins which means passenger numbers are comparatively low.

Obviously some venues will be busy a peak times but I have never struggled to get a theatre seat. Being a Grill passenger will help as you can avoid the busy times associated with early and late sittings, and the Lido if you wish.

All in all I would not worry.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the pleasures of a Cunard ship is that they are large for the number of passengers they can carry. Even with a full ship it doesn't seem crowded and because on the Elizabeth and Victoria the Grills and Grills lounge are on a separate deck not accessible to Britannia passengers you should never feel crowded. There are enough Grills tables for all Grills customers to dine at the same time.

Our recent cruise to Iceland was sold out. We were on the Queen Elizabeth and we were also in the Grills. Some days we had conversations about how quiet the ship was. The only places that seem to get busy are the Queens Room (on a formal night), the Theatre and the Commodore Club. Even then, we found a seat when we needed to.

Our recent cruise to Iceland was sold out. We were on the Queen Elizabeth and we were also in the Grills. Some days we had conversations about how quiet the ship was. The only places that seem to get busy are the Queens Room (on a formal night), the Theatre and the Commodore Club. Even then, we found a seat when we needed to.
Thanks to all for your replies. Your experiences have certainly put my mind to rest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

The whole sold out cruise question is an interesting one. For next year's crossing I wanted a particular suite level, and none were available from Southampton. They were available on the same crossing if you booked from Hamburg, so Hamburg it was. Of course the ship called in Southampton on the voyage.