BOGO Specialty Dining Anthem OTS Questions

Hello everyone! I have some questions about the BOGO specialty dining deal. My husband and I are going on Anthem OTS in April during Easter week. Right now the BOGO deal is priced at $40 per person for our sailing, for two specialty restaurants, dinners taking place the first two nights of our cruise. I want to take my husband to Wonderland as a surprise for him. Questions:

1. If we are really set on going to Wonderland, should we just book that for $49 per person or is it very likely we would get it if we book the BOGO deal?

2. We plan to arrive at the cruise terminal early so we can board as early as possible. Where do we go to check on our reservations and make any changes we may need,? Most likely, the cabin won’t be ready yet when we board.

3. Does Royal Caribbean ever show specials before the cruise for one specialty restaurant? Is it possible they might have a deal for Wonderland specifically before our sailing?

4. Do they allow you to change the date for the BOGO specialty restaurant deal, or is it restricted to the first two nights only even once onboard? Just in case we see a dinner menu for the MDR we don’t want to miss one of those first two nights.

Thanks in advance! :D

Hello everyone! I have some questions about the BOGO specialty dining deal. My husband and I are going on Anthem OTS in April during Easter week. Right now the BOGO deal is priced at $40 per person for our sailing, for two specialty restaurants, dinners taking place the first two nights of our cruise. I want to take my husband to Wonderland as a surprise for him. Questions:

1. If we are really set on going to Wonderland, should we just book that for $49 per person or is it very likely we would get it if we book the BOGO deal?

If you want to do Wonderland just go to any speciality restaurant when you get on board and you can pick what you want.

We did this and was able to get Chops and Wonderland for the times we planned.

2. We plan to arrive at the cruise terminal early so we can board as early as possible. Where do we go to check on our reservations and make any changes we may need,? Most likely, the cabin won’t be ready yet when we board.

Any speciality restaurant can do this for you even though you don't eat there. They all have access to the reservation system

3. Does Royal Caribbean ever show specials before the cruise for one specialty restaurant? Is it possible they might have a deal for Wonderland specifically before our sailing?

I don't know as we did BOGO

4. Do they allow you to change the date for the BOGO specialty restaurant deal, or is it restricted to the first two nights only even once onboard? Just in case we see a dinner menu for the MDR we don’t want to miss one of those first two nights.

Night 1 and night 2 only.

Thanks in advance! :D

Have fun! Anthem is great!

Have fun! Anthem is great!

Thanks so much for answering my questions! Wonderland and Chops would be ideal. We are pretty flexible as far as the time of the reservation, just as long as it isn’t very late at night. Basically as long as we sit down by 8pm the latest. We have no problem going to dinner early if necessary.

It would be $18 less for us to do the BOGO package for two specialty restaurants, rather than one dinner at Wonderland. Trying to figure out what to do. I want to surprise my husband with this for his Hanukkah gift this year.

Thanks so much for answering my questions! Wonderland and Chops would be ideal. We are pretty flexible as far as the time of the reservation, just as long as it isn’t very late at night. Basically as long as we sit down by 8pm the latest. We have no problem going to dinner early if necessary.

It would be $18 less for us to do the BOGO package for two specialty restaurants, rather than one dinner at Wonderland. Trying to figure out what to do. I want to surprise my husband with this for his Hanukkah gift this year.

For only $18 more is it really worth worrying about which restaurant you are assigned to. If I was you I would just book the 2 restaurants and times you want now.

Jimbo:)

For only $18 more is it really worth worrying about which restaurant you are assigned to. If I was you I would just book the 2 restaurants and times you want now.

I was only planning on Wonderland. The second restaurant would be an added bonus. Maybe I should just do Wonderland.

Guest maddycat

Do the BOGO. You cannot beat the price. We've done it on 3 Anthem cruises so far. On the 1st 2 cruises we were assigned Chops and Jamie's which is just what we wanted. On the 3rd cruise we got Wonderland and Chops. We didn't want Wonderland and had no problem changing it for Jamie's. We also had no problem changing dining times.

They are pretty flexible allowing changes to times as well as days. We just booked a BOGO and a 3 night package as well as Solarium Bistro. Called the C@A rep to make the purchases and all three reservations are in the cruise planner starting day 1 at 8:30. Called back to make sure there would not be a problem and the rep said all reservations are pre booked as a courtesy and just make changes once onboard. We also have a special night we want for Wonderland and made a full price reservation to get the day and time we want. The rep also advised to download the Royal App and we could find our courtesy reservation and make all changes before cabins open. She said only the FNDR is locked into the first night. happy cruising

The deal is $18 less than if they ONLY booked wonderland. So they get 2 meals for less than the price of one. To also book the second restaurant would add another $80 (or more, depending on the exact price of chops for their sailing)

Board as early as you can and go straight to the restaurant to check and amend your bookings. I’m quite sure you will be able to get wonderland and chops at a reasonable time. On Ovation we did the 3 night package and they were very accommodating - we enjoyed wonderland very much and also 2 nights at chops.

When you board Anthem Wonderland will be on your right. You can make your changes there. Def go with the BOGO, well worth the price.

Depends on which way they send you once off the gangway, for us it would have been to the left.

As already mentioned, they will do whatever they can for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone! We are not set on a specific dinner time, just don’t want to sit down too late. Anytime before 8:30 would be fine. Will most likely end up doing the BOGO since it seems like it isn’t so hard to get Wonderland. We also plan to arrive early and board as soon as we can do that should also help.

My wife and I just got back from Anthem of the Seas (Sept 1 - 6). We did the 3 night dining package (Wonderland, Jamie's, and Chops). When we go again in the future, we would definitely do the BOGO instead of the 3 night. It is a great deal and you can save a lot of money. Especially if it is only a 5 night cruise.

Also, we were able to move the 2nd specialty restaurant night to the third night instead of the second night. So we ate at a specialty restaurant on nights 1,3 and 5.

My wife and I just got back from Anthem of the Seas (Sept 1 - 6). We did the 3 night dining package (Wonderland, Jamie's, and Chops). When we go again in the future, we would definitely do the BOGO instead of the 3 night. It is a great deal and you can save a lot of money. Especially if it is only a 5 night cruise.

Also, we were able to move the 2nd specialty restaurant night to the third night instead of the second night. So we ate at a specialty restaurant on nights 1,3 and 5.

Sounds good, thanks for letting me know! We are going on a 7-night cruise.

They are pretty flexible allowing changes to times as well as days. We just booked a BOGO and a 3 night package as well as Solarium Bistro. Called the C@A rep to make the purchases and all three reservations are in the cruise planner starting day 1 at 8:30. Called back to make sure there would not be a problem and the rep said all reservations are pre booked as a courtesy and just make changes once onboard....She said only the FNDR is locked into the first night.

Has anyone had success with booking the BOGO, and a dining package of 3 or more nights? Just curious since the website does say the BOGO is for the first and second nights; and the dining packages say something like the first reservation is made for the first or second night.

Has anyone had success with booking the BOGO' date=' and a dining package of 3 or more nights? Just curious since the website does say the BOGO is for the first and second nights; and the dining packages say something like the first reservation is made for the first or second night.[/quote']

Don't worry about trying to do it on the website. When you board the ship, go to a specialty restaurant to request the changes. I'm not 100% sure if you can forego the first night's dining, but we were successful in moving the second night to the third night.

Do the BOGO. You cannot beat the price. We've done it on 3 Anthem cruises so far. On the 1st 2 cruises we were assigned Chops and Jamie's which is just what we wanted. On the 3rd cruise we got Wonderland and Chops. We didn't want Wonderland and had no problem changing it for Jamie's. We also had no problem changing dining times.

Oh so you are assigned when you purchase a Bogo? You do not get to choose prior to the cruise?

Oh so you are assigned when you purchase a Bogo? You do not get to choose prior to the cruise?

No, you cannot choose the restaurant pre-cruise. Once onboard you find out what has been chosen for you, and change it, space permitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the price of the BOGO tend to fluctuate on the website? I check everyday and it’s been the same $40 per person since we booked the cruise. I’m not buying this until December because I don’t want my husband to see Royal Caribbean on the credit card bill before I give this to him as a gift. I was planning to print something out from the website and place it into his Hanukkah card, but purchase that day or the day before so that he doesn’t see it on the credit card before getting his gift. Don’t want to ruin the surprise.

Does the price of the BOGO tend to fluctuate on the website? I check everyday and it’s been the same $40 per person since we booked the cruise. I’m not buying this until December because I don’t want my husband to see Royal Caribbean on the credit card bill before I give this to him as a gift. I was planning to print something out from the website and place it into his Hanukkah card, but purchase that day or the day before so that he doesn’t see it on the credit card before getting his gift. Don’t want to ruin the surprise.

We got the BOGO on Anthem for $20 pp last year. If that sale pops up again, I would not wait, it was only on for a very short time.

During Black Friday sales last year BOGO went down by $10 & I wrongly assumed it would go on sale again. Watch for a sale & get it as once you are 72 hours from sailing, you cannot get it, it is not available to buy on ship. I’ll never make that mistake again. You Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got the BOGO on Anthem for $20 pp last year. If that sale pops up again, I would not wait, it was only on for a very short time.

During Black Friday sales last year BOGO went down by $10 & I wrongly assumed it would go on sale again. Watch for a sale & get it as once you are 72 hours from sailing, you cannot get it, it is not available to buy on ship. I’ll never make that mistake again. You Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, thank you both for the tips! I’ll definitely keep my eye on it! Black Friday might actually work out time wise for Hanukkah so that he doesn’t see it on the credit card bill beforehand. Hanukkah is early this year!

Any suggestions as to what I can tell him in case there’s a deal and I grab it earlier, and he sees it on the credit card? What can I tell him? We already got the drink package and the internet package, and there’s nothing else we are planning to buy (we’re not doing shore excursions; we prefer to do Bermuda on our own, as we’ve done before).