Dynamic Dining Dining on Anthem

kapcruiser

Dynamic dining is dead.

Dining on Anthem is the same as any other ship just with 4 different restaurants instead of a three level dining room.

Same menu and you will eat at the same place.

The whiners killed it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Looks like the four different restaurants will have menus that change from night to night. That seems to be a little different than Dynamic Dining.

"Each restaurant will include the same signature dishes offered today across the fleet, which change nightly, as our guests have grown to expect."

bosco

Can someone please explain dynamic dining and the 4 different restaurants?We have late seating. Does each restaurant have the same menu each night? Do we always eat in the same place?

It's dead and it is a shame. Now you are stuck with the same menu every night with the exception of the 1st 2 items in each category (app., entrée, dessert). Boring menu.

What was dynamic dining?

When first implemented, it was four different "free" dining rooms each with a different menu that did not change night to night. No fixed (traditional) seating, it was all like My Time. As time went on, they added more menus and had a "classic" option that added a traditional fixed dining time that rotated through the different restaurants.

Looks like the four different restaurants will have menus that change from night to night. That seems to be a little different than Dynamic Dining.

"Each restaurant will include the same signature dishes offered today across the fleet, which change nightly, as our guests have grown to expect."

bosco

They will each offer a couple of unique dishes to that restaurant. Guests still have to book each restaurant individually. More similarities to Dynamic Dinsng than to one MDR.

When first implemented, it was four different "free" dining rooms each with a different menu that did not change night to night. No fixed (traditional) seating, it was all like My Time. As time went on, they added more menus and had a "classic" option that added a traditional fixed dining time that rotated through the different restaurants.

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds interesting!

The original DD idea was nice but the reservation system was AWFUL. Of course, being on the first "regular" sailing with DD (Quantum TA - Southampton to Cape Liberty, NJ) didn't allow for any bugs to be worked out. On the same Anthem sailing the following year, I chose DD Classic which worked very well and I liked the day to day change of environment / menus without the hassle of making reservations.

The original DD idea was nice but the reservation system was AWFUL. Of course, being on the first "regular" sailing with DD (Quantum TA - Southampton to Cape Liberty, NJ) didn't allow for any bugs to be worked out. ...

Other issues at the start:

They overestimated how fast tables would turn over, and didn't build in enough dining room seats.

Too few dining room staff, no assistant waiters.

Bob, if I recall, on Quantum and Anthem the menu changed every 4th night.

To the Op, unlike the original concept, under the "Classic Model", you, tablemates and waiters went together in each of the four restaurants. Also, the Grande was formal every night and lobster on the menu each night.

Quantum originally had an "A" and "B" menu that switched halfway through cruise. Later added menu "C".

The concept had other shortcomings. In addition to dr's having too few seats and staff the restaurants suffered from uneven demand. Guests not enamored with Asian dishes skipped Silk and those not wanting to dress avoided Grand. Dining reservation system was abysmal. It frequently lost reservations (dropped all of ours 3 times ahead of one sailing). Too many folks without reservations were told only options were specialties or windjammer.

Quantum originally had an "A" and "B" menu that switched halfway through cruise. Later added menu "C".

The concept had other shortcomings. In addition to dr's having too few seats and staff the restaurants suffered from uneven demand. Guests not enamored with Asian dishes skipped Silk and those not wanting to dress avoided Grand. Dining reservation system was abysmal. It frequently lost reservations (dropped all of ours 3 times ahead of one sailing). Too many folks without reservations were told only options were specialties or windjammer.

I met many on my Quantum sail that had no idea that reservations were needed for restaurants or entertainment. Fault IMO was not only with RCL but also TA's. And you are right many wound up in the WJ, although we visited once and it had some wonderful spreads. Remember seeing giant shrimps (as in Chops) laid out in a big bowl by the omelet station. Plus lots of different cheeses and ice cream station. Not that way any more.;p