Liberty of the Seas aft balcony

arlodog

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas in an aft balcony on deck 7. We have been on this ship before in an aft balcony so I am aware of the superstructure on the back of the ship. There is an available aft balcony on deck 8.

I have tried to research the difference, all I can find is pictures of deck 9 which show a more open view. Is there much of a difference between deck 7 and 8 as far as the structure goes? Just wondering if it is worth changing cabins. I love to watch the wake and relax with a book on aft balconies!

Thanks for any input!

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas in an aft balcony on deck 7. We have been on this ship before in an aft balcony so I am aware of the superstructure on the back of the ship. There is an available aft balcony on deck 8.

I have tried to research the difference, all I can find is pictures of deck 9 which show a more open view. Is there much of a difference between deck 7 and 8 as far as the structure goes? Just wondering if it is worth changing cabins. I love to watch the wake and relax with a book on aft balconies!

Thanks for any input!

What are the specific available cabin numbers?

I believe that both 8410 and 8710, which are corner aft on deck 8, have single doors (not full glass sliders) that open out onto the balcony. (I know this is the case on Freedom, I think it applies to Liberty as well). These doors are reportedly heavy and only half glass, reducing the amount of view and light versus other balcony rooms. That said, the view is beautiful and the space is huge once out on the balcony. I haven't sailed yet but was excited to be able to book the room below, 7408, which has a tad more superstructure, but also the full sliders and lots of light inside. That matters to me, but you may not care about the door. Just wanted you to be aware.

Happy sailing!

Eeyore

ETA: If you google these cabin numbers you can find lots of info and photos, as they are all pretty special rooms. Good luck!

Edited by EeyoreRN
added info

If a deck 7 aft(wake) facing corner balcony is available, grab it. Largest balcony on the entire ship. 270 degree view.

If not take 3B Cabin 1404 on deck 10.

Jimbo

I have 1704 booked on LOS Oct 28th. Would that be the mirror opposite of the one you just suggested. What makes that one better than other aft facing balconies?

I have 1704 booked on LOS Oct 28th. Would that be the mirror opposite of the one you just suggested. What makes that one better than other aft facing balconies?

Yes, mirror image, great view from deck 10, very little of the steel structure to look through. The lower decks have much more to look through.

You will be very happy with your selection.

Jimbo:)

I believe that both 8410 and 8710, which are corner aft on deck 8, have single doors (not full glass sliders) that open out onto the balcony. (I know this is the case on Freedom, I think it applies to Liberty as well). These doors are reportedly heavy and only half glass, reducing the amount of view and light versus other balcony rooms. That said, the view is beautiful and the space is huge once out on the balcony. I haven't sailed yet but was excited to be able to book the room below, 7408, which has a tad more superstructure, but also the full sliders and lots of light inside. That matters to me, but you may not care about the door. Just wanted you to be aware.

Happy sailing!

Eeyore

ETA: If you google these cabin numbers you can find lots of info and photos, as they are all pretty special rooms. Good luck!

You are correct....same on Liberty. Had 8410 and loved the balcony, but disappointed in the view from inside the room. Not much to see out.