Edinburgh shuttle bus?

Fox trotter

Anyone done the British Isles tour and visited Edinburgh? Do you know if Cunard provide a free shuttle bus from Newhaven port to the city centre?

I see from the excursion info that they offer "Edinburgh on your own" which as far as I can see is just a 15 minute coach ride to the city ..... At a whopping $55 or £83 per person.

The distance is just 5km and a private taxi fare for two people is just $21 or £16 return.

So for two people $110 dollars excursion, or $21 taxi.

Or hopefully a free shuttle bus!

Anyone done the British Isles tour and visited Edinburgh? Do you know if Cunard provide a free shuttle bus from Newhaven port to the city centre?

I see from the excursion info that they offer "Edinburgh on your own" which as far as I can see is just a 15 minute coach ride to the city ..... At a whopping $55 or £83 per person.

The distance is just 5km and a private taxi fare for two people is just $21 or £16 return.

So for two people $110 dollars excursion, or $21 taxi.

Or hopefully a free shuttle bus!

Assuming that we dock at the same place as a couple of years ago there was a normal bus which took about 10 minutes and cost a couple of pounds. That was to Princes St. it may be that the shuttle takes you to the Castle, but that’s only a 15 minute walk from Princes St.

By the way, have you picked up the right costs $55 is around £40, not £83.

Hi there,

The buses are cheap and frequent to the main city center. It's really not far at all. You can either get a single fare each way £1.70 or a day ticket (unlimited journeys) for £4. From Princes street you can walk around all the best shopping areas and also easily reach the Royal Mile and the Castle.

Note that you need the exact fare for the bus. They will not give you change!

Black cabs can be expensive and really no need for them as the bus service is so good.

Hope that helps :)