Do anyone go over to the ROLL CALL Boards? (SINFONIA))

Cruzinbabe06

I have a feeling that msc cruisers aren't as big on rollcalls as other cruisers are. There are only 3 pages and most of the posts are for past cruises.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have certainly noticed a drop off of interested in Meet & Greets and roll call chit chat. I thought it was only my most recent cruise line, but now looks like it could be pervasive! One of the officers on my last cruise (NCL) said it has certainly slowed down. He thought that people were using other venues, like Facebook.

what did you think of the buffet?

I enjoyed it, but I have been living in Germany for two years now, so my taste buds may have changed since when I lived in back in the States. I also do the Keto diet and there was plenty of food to sustain my diet there, even though I cheated like hell. LOL

There is pasta served every day, some kind cut meat, salad, desert pastries, fresh fruit and of course 3-4 main course meals ranging from meat dishes to vegetarian. You can order ice cream sundaes and the staff will bring it to you. I had a 3 yr old toddler who was able to eat like a champ as well.

For the price I paid, it was worth it.

EDIT this is for the buffet in the MDR. Not up on the 11th deck.

I enjoyed it, but I have been living in Germany for two years now, so my taste buds may have changed since when I lived in back in the States. I also do the Keto diet and there was plenty of food to sustain my diet there, even though I cheated like hell. LOL

There is pasta served every day, some kind cut meat, salad, desert pastries, fresh fruit and of course 3-4 main course meals ranging from meat dishes to vegetarian. You can order ice cream sundaes and the staff will bring it to you. I had a 3 yr old toddler who was able to eat like a champ as well.

For the price I paid, it was worth it.

EDIT this is for the buffet in the MDR. Not up on the 11th deck.

Yes, the MDR was very good. However, out of over 100 cruises on 7 cruise lines, this was the worst and most limited buffet on Deck 11 we have ever seen. On the last night of the cruise, the hamburger bar closed at 7pm, the pasta bar only had pizza after 6pm and the main buffet had 1 meat and 1 fish choice as the main dish. I would have been ashamed to call that a buffet. JMHO!!!!

Been on 6 MSC cruises and this was very poor!!!!!!

Yes, the MDR was very good. However, out of over 100 cruises on 7 cruise lines, this was the worst and most limited buffet on Deck 11 we have ever seen. On the last night of the cruise, the hamburger bar closed at 7pm, the pasta bar only had pizza after 6pm and the main buffet had 1 meat and 1 fish choice as the main dish. I would have been ashamed to call that a buffet. JMHO!!!!

Been on 6 MSC cruises and this was very poor!!!!!!

To be honest it sounds pretty European, but also you get what you pay for. MSC saved me $1000 due to my son sailing free, so I can;t complain. But I also discovered, I don't like cruising as much as I did before. As back in the States I did Carnival and Royal Caribbean, but they were all Caribbean cruise, eat and chill on the beach. In Europe, I have an agenda for each port and definitely did not like the stress of worrying about making it back to the boat on time. I think for me it is better to fly into a country and explore it at an relaxed pace. Also healthier for me since I am not stuffing my face with delicious deserts =P

To be honest it sounds pretty European, but also you get what you pay for. MSC saved me $1000 due to my son sailing free, so I can;t complain. But I also discovered, I don't like cruising as much as I did before. As back in the States I did Carnival and Royal Caribbean, but they were all Caribbean cruise, eat and chill on the beach. In Europe, I have an agenda for each port and definitely did not like the stress of worrying about making it back to the boat on time. I think for me it is better to fly into a country and explore it at an relaxed pace. Also healthier for me since I am not stuffing my face with delicious deserts =P

Thanks for your opinion. I just expressed my opinion on the MSC Sinfonia buffet so others would know what they are getting. As for MSC saved you $1,000 due to your son sailing free, other cruise lines do that, too,

Thanks for your opinion. I just expressed my opinion on the MSC Sinfonia buffet so others would know what they are getting. As for MSC saved you $1,000 due to your son sailing free, other cruise lines do that, too,

What other cruise lines give that discount? I checked with royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Both of them wanted an additional 1000+ for my 3 yr old toddler.

I also think that people need to understand that MSC in Europe probably caters more to the Europeans. 90% of my boat was European, vs my coworker who went on a Norwegian cruise a day later and similar itinerary said 90% of their boat was American. Although, they weren't satisfied with their meals on their cruise.

I also think that people need to understand that MSC in Europe probably caters more to the Europeans. 90% of my boat was European, vs my coworker who went on a Norwegian cruise a day later and similar itinerary said 90% of their boat was American. Although, they weren't satisfied with their meals on their cruise.

Why do people need to understand that MSC in Europe probably caters more to Europeans. I would assume that all cruise lines that do Europe would cater more to Europeans. Mute point.

Do Europeans not deserve a decent buffet? Regardless, again, I have never seen such a poor buffet as we did on the Sifonia. JMHO!

Did you see the buffet and what was your opinion?

Why do people need to understand that MSC in Europe probably caters more to Europeans. I would assume that all cruise lines that do Europe would cater more to Europeans. Mute point.

Do Europeans not deserve a decent buffet? Regardless, again, I have never seen such a poor buffet as we did on the Sifonia. JMHO!

Did you see the buffet and what was your opinion?

First, I think you meant "moot" point, not "mute" point.

Second, with MSC being a European line, it will cater even more to Europeans while in Europe more than an American line, but many people won't think about it that way. They will think that if they've sailed _________ line, it will be the same no matter the itinerary. That's not necessarily true, but it simply doesn't occur to many.

Lastly, we are taking our 1st MSC cruise in just under a year out, but on a ship designed specifically for the North American market. I still expect it to be a little different than the US-based lines doing the exact same itinerary. But their other ships doing other itineraries would be even more different than what we're used to.

A lot of this goes to expectations, met or not.

Most MSC Europe cruisers are not from North America, and not members of CC, as the membership here is largely from North America. EM

This is most likely the answer. Our Seaside cruise out of MIA has 40 people signed up for the M&G.

First, I think you meant "moot" point, not "mute" point.

Second, with MSC being a European line, it will cater even more to Europeans while in Europe more than an American line, but many people won't think about it that way. They will think that if they've sailed _________ line, it will be the same no matter the itinerary. That's not necessarily true, but it simply doesn't occur to many.

Lastly, we are taking our 1st MSC cruise in just under a year out, but on a ship designed specifically for the North American market. I still expect it to be a little different than the US-based lines doing the exact same itinerary. But their other ships doing other itineraries would be even more different than what we're used to.

A lot of this goes to expectations, met or not.

Lets get back to the original issue. The Sinfonia buffet was terrible. I don't think it is because it was a European cruise or any other cruise. We have done many European cruises on many different cruise lines such as RCI, Royal, Princess, HAL, Celebrity and MSC. Why do you, who have not cruised MSC and basically NCL try to defend MSC and their poor buffet? Until you experienced it, don't try to rationalize the reason for it being poor and very minimal. I have never seen such a poor buffet on any other ship and that includes LIRICA , DIVINA and all the other ships we have sailed.

Lets get back to the original issue. The Sinfonia buffet was terrible. I don't think it is because it was a European cruise or any other cruise. We have done many European cruises on many different cruise lines such as RCI, Royal, Princess, HAL, Celebrity and MSC. Why do you, who have not cruised MSC and basically NCL try to defend MSC and their poor buffet? Until you experienced it, don't try to rationalize the reason for it being poor and very minimal. I have never seen such a poor buffet on any other ship and that includes LIRICA , DIVINA and all the other ships we have sailed.

Personally, I think all buffets suck, so there's that.

But I noticed that you only mentioned US-based lines, along with MSC in this post. You didn't mention that in your above post, which would have provided context. Context is everything. You decided to omit context.

Personally, I think all buffets suck, so there's that.

But I noticed that you only mentioned US-based lines, along with MSC in this post. You didn't mention that in your above post, which would have provided context. Context is everything. You decided to omit context.

You are beyond belief! Context-in the sense of??? I see where you have only cruised US-based lines and have to show them in your profile. Like I say, we have done over 100 cruises on Costa, HAL, Princess, Celebrity, NCL, RCI, MSC, Royal. So, what is your point???

I believe you just like to .........stir the pot. LOL

con·text

ˈkäntekst/

noun

• the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
    "the decision was taken within the context of planned cuts in spending"
    synonyms:circumstances, conditions, factors, state of affairs, situation, background, scene, settingMore

• the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.
      "word processing is affected by the context in which words appear"

You are beyond belief! Context-in the sense of??? I see where you have only cruised US-based lines and have to show them in your profile. Like I say, we have done over 100 cruises on Costa, HAL, Princess, Celebrity, NCL, RCI, MSC, Royal. So, what is your point???

I believe you just like to .........stir the pot. LOL

con·text

ˈkäntekst/

noun

• the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
    "the decision was taken within the context of planned cuts in spending"
    synonyms:circumstances, conditions, factors, state of affairs, situation, background, scene, settingMore

• the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.
      "word processing is affected by the context in which words appear"

In this post, you've added yet another line that is not US-based, which is more context. Nowhere in this thread did you say you've cruised over 100 times, but congratulations. Again, that's more context, which is always helpful IMO.

I don't stir the pot except when I'm cooking, of which I do quite a bit.

I believe in providing context when asking or answering questions. It gives the reader a little peek into your experiences and a foundation to compare your opinion to their own experiences and preferences to see if your view would possibly compare to their own future experiences. For example, there are a few posters here on CC whose experiences, expectations and travel style seem to compare to my family's. I put more weight on their opinions and experiences than most because over time, our expectations, experiences and travel styles seem to be very parallel to theirs. Ours don't appear to be comparable to yours, so in most cases, your opinions of things wouldn't carry as much weight with me. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your opinions or anything. I simply don't think the things you find important would be equally important to me - like the buffet thing. I'm not a fan, but my teenaged son usually likes them. DH can take them or leave them. But the buffet seems really important to you. In that context, you want a good buffet. That is pertinent to you, but not everyone. Also, I know that food is very subjective. Some people will love a restaurant and others will hate it. We all don't like the same things.

PS I have the cruises in my signature because it adds context...

I just got back from cruising from the Sinfonia . You will have a blast!

That's good to hear.

This ship was not my first choice, but, I liked the itinerary and price! I'm familiar with the MSC brand, sailed the Poesia years ago.

I'll peep and look at the Buffet. If I'm not happy with it, I'll just eat pizza!:p

Or go to the dining room!

I'm trying to organize the Ultimate Game of Thrones Tour. Need 7 people. So we'll see what happens.

Thank you for responding.;p