Elation Questions

You might want to check out www.cruiseclues.com. We went on the Elation and had alot of fun. I don't know that there is anything specific I have to say about this ship, though. I'm at the point that a cruise, is a cruise, is a cruise. The differences are minor. I love all cruises. I suggest you Google the ports and try looking at lonelyplanet.com and the ports section of cruisecritic. Have a wonderful cruise!

I have loads of pics of the Elation in my signature. She's the 1st ship we ever cruised on, and she will always have a special place in my heart, it's the ship I fell in love with cruising on. It's a very easy ship to navigate, you'll know your way around in no time. Lots of fun and the staff was great!

Thanks for the pictures! It looks awesome:)

I have heard that the staterooms are a little bigger than on Royal Carrib. Is that true? How about the food? Good or really good? And entertainment? And also can someone tell me what the "Carnival Comfort Beds" are all about?

thanks a million!

I have loads of pics of the Elation in my signature. She's the 1st ship we ever cruised on, and she will always have a special place in my heart, it's the ship I fell in love with cruising on. It's a very easy ship to navigate, you'll know your way around in no time. Lots of fun and the staff was great!

Hey Bubbles!!! Rememeber me???

Ok it was our first cruise also (pic's in signature) but it was Eastern not to Mexico. I've only been on one other ship, but like the others...I really enjoyed my cruise on the Elation. The staff is amazing. Sold me on cruising. I can't do it as often as others, but it's made me want to cruise every year!!

Let us know how Mexico is. I'm also looking at this cruise.

Have fun.:D

Hey Bubbles!!! Rememeber me???

Ok it was our first cruise also (pic's in signature) but it was Eastern not to Mexico. I've only been on one other ship, but like the others...I really enjoyed my cruise on the Elation. The staff is amazing. Sold me on cruising. I can't do it as often as others, but it's made me want to cruise every year!!

Let us know how Mexico is. I'm also looking at this cruise.

Have fun.:D

Of course I remember you guys! How have you been? We're getting ready to head onto the Liberty, only 6 more weeks!:D Will let you know how Cozumel is when we get back. We've been to Costa Maya, it was great, believe it or not I went swimming with the dolphins on that one, it was awesome! Great to hear from ya, shoot me an e-mail sometime...

pevans12@hotmail.com. Would love to hear from you guys!

I have heard that the staterooms are a little bigger than on Royal Carrib. Is that true? How about the food? Good or really good? And entertainment? And also can someone tell me what the "Carnival Comfort Beds" are all about?

thanks a million!

A little!:eek: That is an understatement.

The IS on SOS is 119 and the ov are 122 sq ft the are a wopping 185 on Elation!

I went on the MOS and the Elation a week apart. Elation was soooooo much better. The cabins were better. The food was better. The fellow cruisers were better.

thanks a million!

The Elation is a great ship. Cabo is a great port. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Yes Carnivals cabins are bigger then the RCCL's smaller ships such as the

SOS that you sailed, and comparable to RCCL's bigger newer ships......

I did my first cruise on the Elation in 2000 and I was on her again in February. She is a great ship and still looks good. You will have a great time. IMO Cabo is one of the best ports in Mexico. Have a blast!

These boards are makin me crazy with anticipation!!!:)

Thank you all for the incredible information.

Happy cruising

I don't know about the ELATION on the west coast, but we sailed her 3 years in a row out of Galveston. Had a ball each trip. Food, service and shows were great.

BTW, there are 2 hottubs behind the gym that don't get used as much as the ones on deck. You might want to check them out.;)

I will eat lots of shrimp for you....haha. Im a shrim aholic...lol

Anyways, we are headed on The Elation on the 9th of june, and i have heard only awesome things bout this ship and we are so excited. Anyone see the new menus yet? Or know where the secret door is on the elation?:D

Just got off the Elation less than two weeks ago, I had the time of my life. I sailed solo for the first time and was totally entertained the whole time. I sailed her before on the Eastern, and was with a large group, incredible!!

My 1A cabin this time was huge, or seemed so. Cabo was great, snorkeled and it wasn't all that cold in the water like I was warned. You will love it.

Don't have the menu, but the food was great, some new selections. I ate in the DR twice for breakfast, and for the first time lunch once, highly recommend it. Had a seafood salad and trout almondine, that was incredible. I eat breakfast there because I like eggs benedict, can't get that on Lido. Dinner was great all but one night, had pork tenderloin, jerked, it was ok, but the rest of the nights outstanding.

Don't have the menu, but the food was great, some new selections. I ate in the DR twice for breakfast, and for the first time lunch once, highly recommend it. Had a seafood salad and trout almondine, that was incredible. I eat breakfast there because I like eggs benedict, can't get that on Lido. Dinner was great all but one night, had pork tenderloin, jerked, it was ok, but the rest of the nights outstanding.

The menu on here would be the same as all Carinival ships. go to the threads on the new menus and you will have what you want to know.

I just debarked the Elation this morning, and she is beautiful. I will post a review and pics later on, but trust me when I tell you... the service, food, and the staff are amazing. The only bummer we had was with the weather.:D

The Elation holds a special place in my cruise loving heart.... She was my first ship.... :o I loved the Elation. It is a very pretty ship. You will love it! Check out the Romeo and Juliet lounge. There was a really cool band there (OK it was a couple of years ago), that sounded just like everyone they were playing! That was my favorite place on the ship... ;)

Have fun!

Archived