Bit of advice requested re cabin and what deckto choose

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas and am set on getting an Ocean view balcony cabin. As the cruise isn't until the summer of 2019 I seem to be a bit spoilt for choice on what deck to be on from 6 all the way through to 14. What I'd like to hear is what you all think about what deck I should go for, I mean I know the obvious answer will be the higher the better but I just wanted to know from some of you seasoned cruisers or those that know the Oasis well if there were any other considerations to take into account. I have cruised twice before but this was way back in 2010 and 2011. I fell in love with cruising from the get go having been like most people before that with pre-conceived ideas about what cruising was about. The reason I've left it so long to go again is a combination of money or lack there of and having my daughter born in 2012. Oh, and we're a couple and my daughter will be 6 at the time of cruising.

Many Thanks in advance!!!

On Allure, we had an OV balcony on deck 10. It was perfect location. It was closer to midship, elevators, and stairs. We tend to take stairs so really worked in location to Central Park, boardwalk, pool decks, etc..

On the Oasis, we loved being on deck 10. It was an equal distance up and down to the places we enjoyed visiting. I really liked having cabins above and below. We walked the stairs between decks most days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can, get a "hump" cabin. The balcony on the hump is significantly larger than anywhere else. Also, I'm with Bob, I like deck 8 or 9 as you can go to Park Cafe in the morning and bring coffee and pastries, etc. back to have on your balcony. You're a reasonable walk up to the pool deck, etc. as well as down to the Promenade and Boardwalk. I walk the steps as much as possible for ease and exercise.

As mentioned, I always try to have cabins above and below me for noise. We like the aft hump area as the dining rooms, sports decks, Windjammer Buffet, Boardwalk, etc. are all aft. Most of the places we go.

One other thing, we try to avoid connecting cabins. Usually not a problem, but you can get noise from under the connecting door. Personal preference only.

As long as I’m on a ship, I don’t care what cabin! Our next cruise is on Oasis on a deck 3 OV. It’ll be the first daylight cabin we’ve had in about 10 cruises!

With the invention of elevators, I can be wherever in just a few minutes. If you’re close to somethings, you’re farther from others.

I like 6 best, because getting back to our cabin after a long evening, is just steps away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also you can look at cabin reviews to see what’s posted. The ship we were on had plenty of elevators but so crowded we often walked stairs. Glad we were on 9 walked down and not too far walking up.

On Harmony we had cabin #8568 twice and the bed being near the balcony door was brilliant.

On our second Harmony cruise we had cabin #8550 and the bed was near the bathroom and it was uncomfortable hot during the night.

The bed position IMO is very important on Oasis class ships and the bed position is different in cabins either side of you so this probably the biggest issue.

I stayed on deck 6 and would pick deck 6 every time. I felt like it was close to everything but the pools. The schooner bar was super close to grab a drink on your way to or from your room, quick walk & 1 flight of stairs to the chairs on the running track, 1 flight of stairs to the promenade for tea and fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, 2 up to central park, 2 down to our table in the MDR. We were happy :) I prefer to take the stairs over elevators, but I did take the elevator to the pool haha.

I aim for a room that has rooms above and below it (no pools, deck chairs, food carts etc). I also aim for a room that does NOT have a connecting door to another cabin and one that is surrounded by other staterooms and not blank spaces on the map (which could be sources for noise depending what they end up being).

At the end of the day it doesn't much matter but those factors help to make our room a bit quieter for sleeping. The walking does us good so I don't really care if we end up way front or back. But for some this should be in consideration.

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas and am set on getting an Ocean view balcony cabin. As the cruise isn't until the summer of 2019 I seem to be a bit spoilt for choice on what deck to be on from 6 all the way through to 14. What I'd like to hear is what you all think about what deck I should go for, I mean I know the obvious answer will be the higher the better but I just wanted to know from some of you seasoned cruisers or those that know the Oasis well if there were any other considerations to take into account. I have cruised twice before but this was way back in 2010 and 2011. I fell in love with cruising from the get go having been like most people before that with pre-conceived ideas about what cruising was about. The reason I've left it so long to go again is a combination of money or lack there of and having my daughter born in 2012. Oh, and we're a couple and my daughter will be 6 at the time of

cruising.

Many Thanks in advance!!!

We sailed on the Allure and were on Deck 8. We loved the location, being close to Central Park, and the relative quiet of our deck.

We were on Deck 8 several years and then last year were on Deck 6. I really liked Deck 8 and being on the same deck as Central Park but I have to say the area where we were on Deck 6 is my favorite. We were careful in making sure to pick a cabin where the view looking down at the water from the balcony was not obstructed by lifeboats. Our cabin was very close to the aft elevators, and was very convenient. We took the stairs for almost everything. It's on the boardwalk level so most mornings we walked to Johnny Rockets for breakfast. It was also so close to the dining room and promenade. I would choose this location every time if available.

I stayed on deck 6 and would pick deck 6 every time. I felt like it was close to everything but the pools. The schooner bar was super close to grab a drink on your way to or from your room, quick walk & 1 flight of stairs to the chairs on the running track, 1 flight of stairs to the promenade for tea and fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, 2 up to central park, 2 down to our table in the MDR. We were happy :) I prefer to take the stairs over elevators, but I did take the elevator to the pool haha.

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas and am set on getting an Ocean view balcony cabin.

Your screen name is sun lover, so I'll suggest Deck 12. I've had this deck 3 times so far on the Oasis class with a 4th booked. My wife's screenname if she came on CC would be Sungoddess. Deck 12 has a one deck buffer between it and the pool deck and we can get up there quickly. We also like walking stairs.

All booked up now, went for an Ocean view balcony on deck 12. Wanted to go for deck 11 but the cabin I wanted had just gone. My choice was somewhat limited in the end as I wanted a port side cabin a good distance away from the elevators with a Pullman bed available. I didn't want to use the sofa bed option for my daughter as it would just take up so much floor space and be an annoyance to me. Once again thanks for all the points of view been very helpful.

On the Oasis, we loved being on deck 10. It was an equal distance up and down to the places we enjoyed visiting. I really liked having cabins above and below. We walked the stairs between decks most days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm soon to be on deck 10 on the Allure. I hope that it is a good location. We picked it because it was in the middle of everything.

All booked up now, went for an Ocean view balcony on deck 12. Wanted to go for deck 11 but the cabin I wanted had just gone. My choice was somewhat limited in the end as I wanted a port side cabin a good distance away from the elevators with a Pullman bed available. I didn't want to use the sofa bed option for my daughter as it would just take up so much floor space and be an annoyance to me. Once again thanks for all the points of view been very helpful.

SO I wonder if anyone else can share...I'm also on a summer 2019 Oasis cruise. I did book port side, but I read in other threads that Oasis will dock starboard side a lot of times. Not sure if that's just the Caribbean or if it's for the Europe cruises too. Just wanted to put that out there since you mentioned you specifically booked port side.

SO I wonder if anyone else can share...I'm also on a summer 2019 Oasis cruise. I did book port side, but I read in other threads that Oasis will dock starboard side a lot of times. Not sure if that's just the Caribbean or if it's for the Europe cruises too. Just wanted to put that out there since you mentioned you specifically booked port side.

Oasis will dock starboard most all the time whereever she sails. There is an escalator for embarkation.disembarkation, and it's only on the starboard side. However, just because the ship has the starboard side against the pier does not mean that the starboard side faces land all the time. Different ports have different pier arrangements.