Ginger beer included in refreshment package?

missguy

Is that same as ginger ale?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No, ginger beer is fermented and has a stronger "gingery" flavor and is also less carbonated. That's why it's used in Moscow Mules over ginger ale.

As for the answer to OP, I'm not sure. But I'd love to know as well.

I want to buy the refreshment package but I would like to know if ginger beer (which is non-alcoholic) is included in this package. Anyone experienced it?

Thanks

NA beer has alcoholic content and takes 9 beers to equal 1 normal beer. It is always listed on the Beer list. Non-Alcohol drinks, mocktails, have No alcohol in them. You might be able to get one on some ships, but it is still a alcoholic beverage.

Didn't you already ask this question on another thread?

They might or might not have it.

Not all ships have the same items, it varies a lot.

Also the run out of stuff all the time for extended periods.

There is no right answer to what they will have on your particular voyage...

NA beer has alcoholic content and takes 9 beers to equal 1 normal beer. It is always listed on the Beer list. Non-Alcohol drinks, mocktails, have No alcohol in them. You might be able to get one on some ships, but it is still a alcoholic beverage.

uh no ginger beer is NOT alcoholic at all. it is indeed a soda although it is marketed as beer( as is Birch beer another NON alcoholic drink)

if it is available in the gun at the bars, it is probably included. if it is bottled or canned, assume it would not be.

uh no ginger beer is NOT alcoholic at all. it is indeed a soda although it is marketed as beer( as is Birch beer another NON alcoholic drink)

if it is available in the gun at the bars, it is probably included. if it is bottled or canned, assume it would not be.

Not to start any debates, but it has less than 0.5%. So, although it is classified as non-alcoholic, it is. Some companies make it completely NA, but that is because it is not true ginger bear, but the same soda base, with additional ginger added for a stronger flavor. Basically a strong Ginger ale.

So, ginger ale is included, since it is a soda, and ginger beer, if really ginger beer is low alcohol but would most likely be part of the beer menu like other NA beers. I haven't noticed any of the heavy duty ginger drinks that has an alias of beer being sold.

Not to start any debates, but it has less than 0.5%. So, although it is classified as non-alcoholic, it is. Some companies make it completely NA, but that is because it is not true ginger bear, but the same soda base, with additional ginger added for a stronger flavor. Basically a strong Ginger ale.

So, ginger ale is included, since it is a soda, and ginger beer, if really ginger beer is low alcohol but would most likely be part of the beer menu like other NA beers. I haven't noticed any of the heavy duty ginger drinks that has an alias of beer being sold.

the only place you can find Crabbies is in a liquor store or specialty grocery store. the other ginger and birch beers are sold in the soda aisle at every grocery store. hence my assertion that in the US, it is a true soda. not a NA beverage.

I want to buy the refreshment package but I would like to know if ginger beer (which is non-alcoholic) is included in this package. Anyone experienced it?

Thanks

You are all answering missguy as if she asked if there is ginger beer on board the ship.

I am reading her question as: If it's there, is it included in my refreshment package, i.e., would I get it as part of my package or would I have to pay for it?

missguy, I don't know the answer, but I thought that it might be helpful to redirect the conversation.

:)

I've never seen it from a gun on any ship. It's always in cans. The one I usually see is Gosling's.

No idea if it would be included.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but my wife and I drink mules ALL the time. My question wasn't IF they had ginger beer, which btw, is COMPLETELY non alcoholic, but what kind of ginger beer did they have on board. Most likely will be Goslings, which is even more like a ginger ale, more sweet than gingery....and definitely NOT my favorite, but as long as they have a decent bourbon on board, or some Tito's or Goose, we'll make the best of it.

On a side note, in my opinion, best brand is Fever Tree, with Q being a close 2nd. And, yes, I purchase these brands in Target in the soda/mixer aisle in NJ, where Target has no wine or beer...