Feedback....Overcrowding Horizon Havana Area?

tap_out

Just wanted to hear some feedback from any Horizon Havana cruisers. I know they added some additional Havana cabins to the horizon and there was a lot of speculation of the area feeling more crowded. Was hoping to get some real world feedback.

Someone posted asking a similar question the other day. I'm sailing in a Havana on the Vista this summer, but from that ship, I've never heard of the Havana Deck being crowded. The Vista has 61 Havana cabins, while the Horizon has 79. Even with the additional cabins even if everyone from those cabins went on the Horizon it would still probably be less than 200 people, but that is still far better than sharing the other pool area with thousands of guests.

With how port intensive the Mediterranean cruises are I suspect we will not know until she gets to Miami.

We'll no sooner then that.. She will be sailing out of NYC starting late May. Plenty of sea days to gauge crowds in Havana area..

Just wanted to hear some feedback from any Horizon Havana cruisers. I know they added some additional Havana cabins to the horizon and there was a lot of speculation of the area feeling more crowded. Was hoping to get some real world feedback.

Looking forward to hearing the same feedback. We are sailing July 11th. Hoping also that the 12+ children are not too rambunctious [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone posted asking a similar question the other day. I'm sailing in a Havana on the Vista this summer, but from that ship, I've never heard of the Havana Deck being crowded. The Vista has 61 Havana cabins, while the Horizon has 79. Even with the additional cabins even if everyone from those cabins went on the Horizon it would still probably be less than 200 people, but that is still far better than sharing the other pool area with thousands of guests.

We sailed on the Vista in the med and then again in a Havana Cabana last April. The Havana area was never crowded. Sailing on Horizon 7/3, 18 cabins will add some people but doubt it will be very noticeable.

Wait till it gets to Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
Only have to worry about the 21+ children on day 2 forward after the Cheers package officially starts after NYC embarkation day.

I’ll be one of them. My 44+ self on Cheers promises to behave. ;)

Not crowded at pool but on the walkway that passes the line of adjacent patios of the cabins the stream of looky loos and their interrupting my nap or our personal conversations was annoying. The patio felt more like a public space and offered no privacy.

Not crowded at pool but on the walkway that passes the line of adjacent patios of the cabins the stream of looky loos and their interrupting my nap or our personal conversations was annoying. The patio felt more like a public space and offered no privacy.

Are you saying this Deck 5 patio lanai walkway is open to the public? Or are you just talking about Havana Cabana guest walking back to their cabins/patios? There are only 14 patios on each side of the Havana Deck 5 area. This walkway should not be open to public before 7:00 pm.

Are you saying this Deck 5 patio lanai walkway is open to the public? Or are you just talking about Havana Cabana guest walking back to their cabins/patios? There are only 14 patios on each side of the Havana Deck 5 area. This walkway should not be open to public before 7:00 pm.

I believe the walkway on Deck 5 is open to the public at all hours of the day. As they head toward the Havana Pool area, they will pass all of the Havana Cabanas until they encounter a locked gate and will not be able to enter that area. Not sure if they gate is unlocked once 7:00PM rolls around, or if they have to access the pool via the Havana Bar area.

I believe the walkway on Deck 5 is open to the public at all hours of the day. As they head toward the Havana Pool area, they will pass all of the Havana Cabanas until they encounter a locked gate and will not be able to enter that area. Not sure if they gate is unlocked once 7:00PM rolls around, or if they have to access the pool via the Havana Bar area.

That is not true. The gate that prevents them from going further is at the beginning of the cabins....i.e. Nobody can walk past the cabins. I am not sure of the gate is open after 7 as we never tried it.

That is not true. The gate that prevents them from going further is at the beginning of the cabins....i.e. Nobody can walk past the cabins. I am not sure of the gate is open after 7 as we never tried it.

After 7:00 pm, even the walkway along the patios on deck 5 is open to the public. I have not read that this has changed. On the Vista, we rarely saw anyone walk past after 7:00 pm.

After 7:00 pm, even the walkway along the patios on deck 5 is open to the public. I have not read that this has changed. On the Vista, we rarely saw anyone walk past after 7:00 pm.

I meant during the daytime...

This is what I know to be true as well. When we were on the Vista, the locked door on Deck 5 separated the public deck from Cabana cabins. This locked door wouldn’t let the public in the Havana area. Only Havana guest with white key card could open that door. Even after 7:00, non-Havana guest could walk by our patio, but only by entering through the Havana bar inside, they were not able to enter lanai walkway by outside deck and locked door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I know to be true as well. When we were on the Vista, the locked door on Deck 5 separated the public deck from Cabana cabins. This locked door wouldn’t let the public in the Havana area. Only Havana guest with white key card could open that door. Even after 7:00, non-Havana guest could walk by our patio, but only by entering through the Havana bar inside, they were not able to enter lanai walkway by outside deck and locked door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I meant during the daytime...

You said that you did not know if the gate was open after seven. The response was that yes it is open after seven. So how did you mean during the daytime?

You said that you did not know if the gate was open after seven. The response was that yes it is open after seven. So how did you mean during the daytime?

My original post was that it was locked during the daytime preventing anyone from access the Havana space that way. During the daytime they can only access it thru the Havana Bar.

Hence my daytime comment. What I did not know was whether that gate was open at night because we never tried it...

• 1 month later...
Checking back in on this now that the Horizon has been in the Caribbean for a bit. Any reports on how crowded vs in crowded the Havana area is during the day?

If no one opines, we will be on the Horizon in a Havana suite and will most v=certainly be doing a review, I will report back.

I do believe there is one recent review that complained about chair hogging on the Havana deck and it leading to crowding. But seems to have been related to a single group who coveted the circular loungers and guarded them as if they were their private fiefdom/entitlement for their sole use. Lo be to anyone trying to use them or evoke the chair hog rule.

And there was a complaint by another reviewer that even after 7PM younger children weren't allowed in the Havana area.