Ncl getaway november 25, 2018 g&l roll call

samshltn

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, it's too damned hot outside to enjoy them. We go to the Glow party for maybe an hour and that's it. The cruise director is on the mic screaming too much to enjoy it for longer than that. The staff will scream out , "Jump, jump jump" over and over until you want to kill somebody, lol.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Edited by U4icmusic

I am not sure in late November it will be that hot. Also, the loudness would not be an issue for us.
It will be humid in the Caribbean in November, and all year long. And it's not the volume of the music, it's the cruise staff screaming, "Jump, jump, jump" over and over for hours. It was a big complaint at all the Glow parties we've been on. It's a big party and most everyone goes, at least for a little while.

I believe I read that dinners under the Latitude must be booked once on board.

If you purchased the cruise and also booked 3 specialty dinners, you can book 120 days out.

My favs are Cagney's and Moderno Churrascaria. I never miss those two, but they are all good.

And we are. Was looking at Cozumel and saw that there will be 6 ships in port that day.......or about 30,000 crazy tourists. That could be a relaxing on ship day after having 3 previous port days. Other option is taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen and walking around.

dave

Have been to Playa many times on land based vacations and have never had any issues. Everyday we take risks when we walk out the door, not going to stop travelling because of it. In the U.S. you should be more concerned about walking into a shopping center than taking a ferry from Coz to Playa.

Have been to Playa many times on land based vacations and have never had any issues. Everyday we take risks when we walk out the door, not going to stop travelling because of it. In the U.S. you should be more concerned about walking into a shopping center than taking a ferry from Coz to Playa.
A few years ago we did a really cool tour in Playa, where we went snorkeling in underwater caves. One of the best we've ever done.

Those government warnings are recent because of the bombings on the ferry a while back. I agree with you though. Can't stop living or traveling. Just need to pay attention to your surroundings.

A few years ago we were planning a vacation in Memphis, Tennessee. All our friends and co-workers warned us not to go. We went and loved it, but we we're careful.

Not sure what we are doing in Cozumel yet. We've parasailed, rented jet skis, gone snorkeling from the beach and done Mr. Sancho's several times and loved all of them.

The only thing we haven't done yet in the Scavenger Hunt. We aren't even sure who's going yet. Three for sure and maybe two more.

What are you thinking for the other ports? Costa Maya has a newer water park that looks fun.

Edited by U4icmusic

We are considering a beach day at Maya Chan........it looks to be a great place. But at the same time, if a large group from this site wants to do a beach day together, definitely not opposed.

dave

Edited by SC_GAY_Cruiser

We are considering a beach day at Maya Chan........it looks to be a great place. But at the same time, if a large group from this site wants to do a beach day together, definitely not opposed.

dave

We love Maya Chan. The owners are great. Plenty of fresh cooked food and top shelf drinks.

We are not sure yet. We have two friends that booked, but may cancel. As soon as they decide, byid August, then we can finalize plans. We've done all these ports many times, so we may not do much. Costa Maya, we will probably take the trolley to the beach for a couple hours or do the water park. Cozumel we will probably bring our own snorkel gear and snorkel off the beach. Harvest Caye we will probably take a boat to the mainland since you have to pay for all food and drinks at the private island. Not sure, we might just stay on the Caye and walk around for a while then get back on the ship for free drinks. Haven't looked at Roatan yet.

Our friends do not eat beef so I tried to pick those restaurants that are not soooo much beef focused.

Our choices were La Cucina, Le Bistro, and Teppanyaki. Made the reservations at 8pm so that we could make sure and attend the LGBT meet ups and also plan on going to the dance parties at H2O afterward.

I have gotten some mixed message that some waiters/ships only allow one appetizer, one entree, and one dinner. Others state that one can have multiple apps and desserts. What is your experience?

dave