Princess Grills

LF2C

We’ve not sailed with Cunard before and just wondered if those who have and have booked PG suites have any tips or useful snippets of information.

I’ve looked at all the stuff issued by Cunard, but it’s often better to get information from those who have experience

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Host Hattie

It's impossible to advise you without knowing what is important to you. Size compared to "regular" staterooms? Amenities and access to private areas? Comparison to similar accommodations on other ships? What pieces of information do you want to know?

It's impossible to advise you without knowing what is important to you. Size compared to "regular" staterooms? Amenities and access to private areas? Comparison to similar accommodations on other ships? What pieces of information do you want to know?

Not really bothered about cabin dimensions. We know the cabins/suites are a good size and whilst there’s a lot of information available on Cunard website, Utube and other sources, I just wondered if there was anything that others who’ve sailed on the ship in PG suites might be able to offer additional information on

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few things I can think of (probably more) [edit: This applies to the QM2]:

- Lunch in the PG restaurant on embarkation day

- Tea in the Grills lounge in the afternoon

- Consierge service (deck 9), including checking your onboard account there rather than at the Purser’s desk

- Grills deck (just a small place with deck chairs and a hot tub - but gives a nice view of the stern and allows you to be outside when it is pouring down)

- “Private” concerts in the Grills lounge (see invitation on the table in the restaurant)

- Tour of the Grills kitchen (at least on Transatlantics) - ask the maitre’d when

- Ordering off-menu deserts such as crêpes suzette, bananas foster, and strawberries jubilee

A few things I can think of (probably more) [edit: This applies to the QM2]:

- Lunch in the PG restaurant on embarkation day

- Tea in the Grills lounge in the afternoon

- Consierge service (deck 9), including checking your onboard account there rather than at the Purser’s desk

- Grills deck (just a small place with deck chairs and a hot tub - but gives a nice view of the stern and allows you to be outside when it is pouring down)

- “Private” concerts in the Grills lounge (see invitation on the table in the restaurant)

- Tour of the Grills kitchen (at least on Transatlantics) - ask the maitre’d when

- Ordering off-menu deserts such as crêpes suzette, bananas foster, and strawberries jubilee

Thank you. Theses are the “snippets” I’ve been looking for. Anything to help our enjoyment.

Thank you. Theses are the “snippets” I’ve been looking for. Anything to help our enjoyment.

The behind the scenes tour mentioned that the the room service galley is on deck 10 - so room service orders may be a bit fresher than on other decks ;-)

We have our first Princess Grill experience coming up on the QM2 in 12 days.

I have found the concierge services to be extremely helpful booking pre-cruise spa appointments and making reservations at the Verandah Restaurant.

They will reply promptly and help you with excursions, reservations or any questions you might have.

You can reach them at:

cunardonboardservices@cunard.com

Jonathan

We have our first Princess Grill experience coming up on the QM2 in 12 days.

I have found the concierge services to be extremely helpful booking pre-cruise spa appointments and making reservations at the Verandah Restaurant.

They will reply promptly and help you with excursions, reservations or any questions you might have.

You can reach them at:

cunardonboardservices@cunard.com

Jonathan

Thanks.

However, we won’t need them for excursions, just doing TA from NY to Southampton.

Thanks.

However, we won’t need them for excursions, just doing TA from NY to Southampton.

We didn't either, but, for anything you'd like to do on board they will take good care of you.

Also, the concierge lounge on deck 9 has coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day. Plus additional services and assistance instead of dealing with the front desk.

Jonathan

I agree about taking advantage of the Concierge lounge, the services, the snacks and coffee/juice, and the peaceful space. I recommend spending time in the Grills Lounge (just outside the Queens Grill restaurant). It's a lovely space and under-utilized. We go during the morning before they set it up just to hang out and get a coffee service when they open at 11:00. We are all alone with windows looking out to sea.

I agree about taking advantage of the Concierge lounge, the services, the snacks and coffee/juice, and the peaceful space. I recommend spending time in the Grills Lounge (just outside the Queens Grill restaurant). It's a lovely space and under-utilized. We go during the morning before they set it up just to hang out and get a coffee service when they open at 11:00. We are all alone with windows looking out to sea.

Thank you, and to others who’ve taken time to answer.

Looking forward to my Cunard experience.

I said some years ago, when we started serious cruising that the only way I’d do a TA would be on QM2, and now it’s just a few weeks away, preceded by a weekend seeing family in NJ and 4 days in NY (5th time)....just love the place!

Complimentary bottled water used to be available in Grill Class cabins, perhaps someone who has travelled recently can confirm that this is still the case.

I did hear that, but also you have to be careful as bottles left out on the table are comp., but if you take one from the fridge it’s charged for! So I was told to get the cabin steward to empty the fridge so there’s no confusion?

The Concierge desk can be helpful for other things too. Recently the mag strip on my card didn't work and my steward advised me that the Concierge could fix it. Took on minute as opposed to waiting in the long day 1 line at the Purser's desk!

• 1 month later...
Are we talking just regular coffee or do they have cappuccino as well? (is the Grills Lounge and the Concierge Lounge the same place?)

I order a latte in the Grills Lounge. I can't remember if there is an espresso machine in the Concierge Lounge, but I think not.