Norwegian Sun Nassau, Bahamas excursions non-existent?

kellietony

We are on the May 25th sailing of the Sun. We are stopping in Nassau, Bahamas on the 26th. But there is only 1 excursion showing. I called and they said they were re-doing the excursions due to "an itinerary change" - that they would be updated in a couple days. This was last week. Since then, they have added 11 for Great Stirrup Cay (27th) and 2 for Port Canaveral (28th - disembarkation).

This can't be it, can it? Has anyone sailed the 5/11 sailing, or going on the 18th? Or even those after? Are there more excursions for those trips - particularly in Nassau?

Not understanding what a $50 per port excursion credit is for if there aren't really any excursions!!! Any input would be appreciated.

I called and they said they were re-doing the excursions due to "an itinerary change"
The original itinerary had the ports reversed, so this is completely understandable. Not an issue for us on this cruise since we don't bother to get off the ship in Nassau anyway.

This also happened to us when the ports were changed last year because of the hurricane. There were virtually no shore excursions shown online, but once we boarded there were plenty of excursions to choose from. Hope it all works out for you and enjoy your cruise!

The original itinerary had the ports reversed, so this is completely understandable. Not an issue for us on this cruise since we don't bother to get off the ship in Nassau anyway.

Tef43 - Are you on the 5/25 sailing?

IMO I wouldn't pay for an overpriced excursion through NCL in Nassau of all places. Do a little research and just do your own thing. I suspect most people will stay on the boat in Nassau. It's probably the least exciting port you could stop at.

Edited by CruisingNole

IMO I wouldn't pay for an overpriced excursion through NCL in Nassau of all places. Do a little research and just do your own thing. I suspect most people will stay on the boat in Nassau. It's probably the least exciting port you could stop at.

I appreciate that thought, however, it is only a 3 day sailing, so other than Great Stirrup Cay, it is the ONLY port. And with port shore excursion credits available, I would like to at least have some options of things to do. Then, at least, I can choose to pass on doing them and forego using the credit. At this point, though, there aren't even any choices, so I was trying to find out what others have on similar sailings. There are a bunch of options in the general NCL website info for that port, but not for this sailing. Hence the specific question directed to similar recent Sun cruisers.

This also happened to us when the ports were changed last year because of the hurricane. There were virtually no shore excursions shown online, but once we boarded there were plenty of excursions to choose from. Hope it all works out for you and enjoy your cruise!

I was thinking this might be an option - except with shore excursion credits available, I would like to be more certain of this fact if possible. If there isn't anything to use the credits on, I'm hoping I can change my credit choice. Although neither the Wifi or Photo package options are really that enticing. I did see somewhere on the Terms that you can't change once on ship, so knowing ahead of time may be my only option to switch.

I appreciate that thought, however, it is only a 3 day sailing, so other than Great Stirrup Cay, it is the ONLY port. And with port shore excursion credits available, I would like to at least have some options of things to do. Then, at least, I can choose to pass on doing them and forego using the credit. At this point, though, there aren't even any choices, so I was trying to find out what others have on similar sailings. There are a bunch of options in the general NCL website info for that port, but not for this sailing. Hence the specific question directed to similar recent Sun cruisers.

I wish I had some specific answers for you, but I'm sure once you get on-board, they will have plenty of options.

I'm in the process of doing a little investigating myself into one of these cruises the week after you, 6/1. A little hesitant since there's not much info out there but at less than $1,000 for two adults with open bar and grats included, my interest is very peaked.

I wish I had some specific answers for you, but I'm sure once you get on-board, they will have plenty of options.

I'm in the process of doing a little investigating myself into one of these cruises the week after you, 6/1. A little hesitant since there's not much info out there but at less than $1,000 for two adults with open bar and grats included, my interest is very peaked.

That is part of the reason we are doing this - although being Memorial Day weekend our prices aren't quite that low. If you pull the trigger on this one, I would be interested to know what excursions show up when you log into your reservation. Thanks.

That is part of the reason we are doing this - although being Memorial Day weekend our prices aren't quite that low. If you pull the trigger on this one, I would be interested to know what excursions show up when you log into your reservation. Thanks.

Will do! :)

I am on the 6/1 cruise and just logged in to check out Nassau excursions - there are several Atlantis ones, ranging in price from 65 pp to 329 pp (dolphin encounters are the pricey ones.) Balmoral Island beach break 89 pp, Balmoral Island Stingray and beach 99, Balmoral Island dolphin encounter 149 or swim 199, Balmoral Island beach break 69, Seahorse sail and snorkel 65, Catamaran and snorkel 65. They all say "from" before the price.

I am on the 6/1 cruise and just logged in to check out Nassau excursions - there are several Atlantis ones, ranging in price from 65 pp to 329 pp (dolphin encounters are the pricey ones.) Balmoral Island beach break 89 pp, Balmoral Island Stingray and beach 99, Balmoral Island dolphin encounter 149 or swim 199, Balmoral Island beach break 69, Seahorse sail and snorkel 65, Catamaran and snorkel 65. They all say "from" before the price.

That's along the lines of what I would expect based on the general NCL website of excursions. I called NCL excursion desk again today. Can't tell me anything more than that they are still working on it.

I can change my free at sea choice until 2 days before the cruise. That's less than 8 days so we will have to continue to wait. Thanks.