Sun/O'Sheehans

Lorey2007

It is fairly small and from the one pic I saw post drydock not much changed. YMMV but food service also more limited than on other ships. Just aft of the Sports Bar via sliding glass door is another bar and seating outside.

Unlike O'Sheehan's, the food service at the Sun Sports Bar is not 24/7.

It's 24/7 but limited menu compared to O's. From the website:

Sports Bar

Enjoy casual dining to suit every taste. From grilled burgers to English-stlye fish and chips, come as you are and eat as you like after a night out or before your day begins. Location, Deck 11, Aft

No it is not O'Sheehan's but similar enough to be a fun experience and the TV is often on showing some decent stuff. There are also tapas in Las Rambles every early evening. Plus they used to serve breakfast in Las Rambles but don't know if that has changed. We haven't been on the Sun in about 5 years

It's 24/7 but limited menu compared to O's. From the website:

Sports Bar

Enjoy casual dining to suit every taste. From grilled burgers to English-stlye fish and chips, come as you are and eat as you like after a night out or before your day begins. Location, Deck 11, Aft

From the Freestyle DAILY:

wPI+utdLpbDnAAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

2018-05-21_12-11-22.jpg.8bcae961dea13f520e2adb545bf767a6.jpg

I really, really doubt The Sports bar opens at 9pm... Last year on the Sky it was open all the time.

I'm pretty sure I ate in there for lunch... BUT maybe the Sun is different.

At any rate thanks for the info...

Just looked at the dailies and I see that time under dining but the last page shows bar times and show the Sports bar opening at noon (1pm embarkation day) and closing at 1am??? It might be that simple bar food is available til 9pm and after it's a bigger menu?

I guess I will find out next Monday! Will report back...

The Sports Bar starts serving food at 9 PM on boarding day only. Each day thereafter, it serves food from 5:30 PM until 5:30 AM. We just returned from the 18 night repo cruise to PC and we ate at the Sports Bar regularly. It serves drinks from noon onward but food is served at a different time.

Edited by Iluvmykindle
more info.

No it is not O'Sheehan's but similar enough to be a fun experience and the TV is often on showing some decent stuff. There are also tapas in Las Rambles every early evening. Plus they used to serve breakfast in Las Rambles but don't know if that has changed. We haven't been on the Sun in about 5 years

Reports are after the drydock Las Ramblas is gone.

It's 24/7 but limited menu compared to O's.

The sports bar isn't even open 24/7, much less serving food. During port days on our three day Sun cruise last week, the sports bar was closed most of the day, and food was only available in the evenings (from 5:30PM on.)

Disappointed I thought we would check it out for lunch.:(

Las ramblas? You are not missing anything there. Was just a very sad bar for Cagneys. I’m on Sun now and los lobos is a big improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more Las Ramblas...it's Los Lobos, Tex-Mex with a la carte pricing.

I am not surprised, it never was very popular but we loved to go for tapas late in the afternoon. As for Tex/Mex, Los Lobos is showing up on other ships as well. We went on the Dawn a few weeks ago: very disappointed. We expected Tex/Mex and it was more like Spanish food than Mexican: even spicy food had almost no spice. The guacamole made at the table was the saving grace, but even then it was not spicy at all

Las ramblas? You are not missing anything there. Was just a very sad bar for Cagneys. I’m on Sun now and los lobos is a big improvement.

txagfan, how's the Sun? I'm on it next week, first time. Thanks in advance for any info! :cool:

txagfan, how's the Sun? I'm on it next week, first time. Thanks in advance for any info! :cool:

I sailed on the Sun last year to Alaska (prior to refurb) and thought it was very nice. You can see the refurb in common areas and still nice. I’m sailing to Key West and Cuba since I’d never been so it’s for the ports, but I wouldn’t hesitate to sail her again. I won’t lie, I do prefer a bigger ship though as a guy in his 30’s. There’s just a younger vibe to the whole thing.

I hope you enjoy your cruise! Can you make reservations for Los Lobos on the Sun?

You can. Unless you buy 3 or 4 SDP option it’s probably not worth using a credit and better to go a la carte. Everything I had was very good except refried beans. Sometimes I wonder if the guys cooking have ever eaten in a ____ restaurant. [emoji23]

• 2 months later...