Soft Serve Ice Cream

DENBET30

Soft serve wasn't avail all the time only certain time it was available. If you have classic or Deluxe drink package, Gelato is included. But if you have MSC Drink Are On Us package, it doesn't. For Fantasia booking with 12 vouchers, Gelato is avail with voucher. Aurea has Classic package, so free Gelato. YC has Deluxe package so free Gelato.

Why would you want that when real Gelato is available?

I assume the op was asking because most cruise lines offer soft serve for free (or maybe they prefer soft serve). The gelato on board is not complimentary for everyone, however, the soft serve is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I assume the op was asking because most cruise lines offer soft serve for free (or maybe they prefer soft serve). The gelato on board is not complimentary for everyone, however, the soft serve is.

Correct Jaco5NC Thank you

We should organize a cruise for soft Ice Cream lovers ;p

Great idea GOLDENBONNY open to soft serve lovers everywhere. Do you suppose there are "soft serve elitist" out there somewhere? Folks that consume their soft serve treat with those tiny plastic gelato spoons, but I digress.

there is some weird people like me who love soft ice cream more;p

That's kind of like Americans who visit Paris and eat in McDonalds. Then then return home and talk about the wonderful food in Paris :).

Hank

LOL. Not at all. I did not miss Gelato in any port but I do love soft ice cream :*

I agree :). Luv ice cream hard or soft. But good gelato is very special. I am talking about the small batch stuff that is made daily from the freshest ingredients.

Hank

I ate gelato in the Divina MDR on my cruise. Wasn't impressed. It was like eating ice milk (term from the old days). Is that a version of good gelato?

Gelato has less butterfat than ice cream, which the reason it cannot be called "ice cream" in the US. This may be the reason that you thought that it tasted like ice milk which also had low butterfat and could not be called ice cream. If you "search" gelato on the Internet you will find other minor manufacturing differences between gelato and ice cream.

The gelato on the MSC Divina was incredible, but I must admit I have a soft-spot for soft serve ice cream (NOT frozen yogurt). Unlike gelato (or hard ice cream), you can't get soft serve at the supermarket, so I look forward to it when on vacation.

• Like 1