HAL Brochures

HBCcruiser

I have been trying to locate a PDF Brochure for HAL cruises on their website but am unable to find it or any ordering form. Can anyone help with this? I’m really not tech illiterate, plus google search came up with nothing. Am I missing something? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not easy getting the PDF version: you'd think HAL would want you to have it.

This is using the old HAL site https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

I have no idea if the new web site works this way, sorry.

1. At the bottom of the main HAL page, second column from the left, click E-Brochures (this link will take you to the brochures page directly).

2. Click the title of the brochure you want.

3. A new tab will open with the e-version of the brochure.

4. Move your mouse pointer into the browser's header (address bar or menu), above the brochure content. A toolbar will open down just below the header.

5. On the far right end of the just-opened toolbar, click the down arrow with a line under it.

6. The PDF version of the brochure should open, and you can download it by clicking the page-with-down-arrow button at the right end of the window's toolbar just above the brochure.

Hope this helps, good luck!

-bruce

It's not easy getting the PDF version: you'd think HAL would want you to have it.

This is using the old HAL site https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

I have no idea if the new web site works this way, sorry.

1. At the bottom of the main HAL page, second column from the left, click E-Brochures (this link will take you to the brochures page directly).

2. Click the title of the brochure you want.

3. A new tab will open with the e-version of the brochure.

4. Move your mouse pointer into the browser's header (address bar or menu), above the brochure content. A toolbar will open down just below the header.

5. On the far right end of the just-opened toolbar, click the down arrow with a line under it.

6. The PDF version of the brochure should open, and you can download it by clicking the page-with-down-arrow button at the right end of the window's toolbar just above the brochure.

Hope this helps, good luck!

-bruce

Thank you, Bruce!! That link worked! I miss the old site.[emoji30]

Hard copies are still available via my travel agent.

Those of us who have certain Mariner Star status ought to receive the hard copies of the new Cruise Atlas. My experience with this perk: those publications are surely slow in arriving once published.

It's almost as if HAL doesn't want consumers to have access to their cruise listings to be able to choose the ship and itinerary that best fits them. Everything is focused on advertising/selling their "featured cruises", and finding info on anything else is very, very, VERY hard ........ and god forbid you want to book any other sailing other than the "featured" date in anything other than an interior room ...... Getting a brochure mailed, or even one to download ...... you might as well ask for the CEO to come cook you dinner #nothappening

It's almost as if HAL doesn't want consumers to have access to their cruise listings to be able to choose the ship and itinerary that best fits them. Everything is focused on advertising/selling their "featured cruises", and finding info on anything else is very, very, VERY hard ........ and god forbid you want to book any other sailing other than the "featured" date in anything other than an interior room ...... Getting a brochure mailed, or even one to download ...... you might as well ask for the CEO to come cook you dinner #nothappening

My question is, “Why are they making it so hard for folks?” Is it being done on purpose? Really strange. I get inundated with brochures from other top line companies I have sailed on previously but get little from HAL.

There are other cruise search engines that far more easily allow you to search all HAL cruises, rather than HAL's very own "new" website. Poke around outside the box and see what else is ticking. Not allowed to recommend any cruise marketing websites here, but some of them are very good simply for search and informational purposes.

There are other cruise search engines that far more easily allow you to search all HAL cruises, rather than HAL's very own "new" website. Poke around outside the box and see what else is ticking. Not allowed to recommend any cruise marketing website here.

And, why should I need to do so?

Thank you, Bruce!! That link worked! I miss the old site.[emoji30]

Glad to help!

Using the HAL link at the top of my post will reliably take you to the old site. Someone on another thread got it from HAL. Enjoy!

I agree - the goal of HAL management and web developers should be to make access to their itineraries and pricing as simple as possible in order to net as many bookings, either direct or through a third party, as possible. The harder their consumer site it to use, the more it will push consumers to look at other brands and overlook HAL. The same can be said for getting things like print or e-brochures, or sending out mailers with pricing that is invalid before it ever reaches the consumer ..... I almost feel like HAL management has been given a directive by the CCL board to mange the company into unprofitability/liquidation.

Quite so: until two or three years ago, there was a link for each brochure, to download the pdf version directly. Then they went to this nonsense online brochure, and that was that.

However, I think the old HAL site still has more and better cruise search options than any other major line I've seen. I'm glad HAL is still making it available through the link I posted below.

• 1 month later...

A HAL phone agent told me today that brochures are no longer produced -- that the way to locate and learn about a sailing is to use the "Plan," then "Find a Cruise" parts of the new HAL website. Also, the brochure links posted in an early post of this thread did not work for me.