Shipping Souvenirs

Thank you for your response. 1st time cruiser onboard Carnival Victory in October. I was just wondering if mailing/shipping things home post cruise was a service that cruise lines offer. I just don't like to fly with a bunch of extra weight added to a suitcase.

Other than art purchased on board, I don't know of any line that offers shipping/mailing of your purchases. Don't know what or how much you plan to buy, but if need be, bring an empty carry-on piece of luggage and use that to bring home the goodies.

Is it possible to ship souvenirs and other purchases home rather than flying with them? Does the ship offer any of these types of services. Specifically, for alcoholic purchases: rum, tequila,etc.

I don’t know about ship’s policies, I suspect not. However, if you have any time at all after disembarking and before heading home, go to a local post office, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc. We’ve shipped things home from Florida,Seward Alaska, Venice... Lightens the load and simplifies packing. Also note that the vendor may offer shipping. I never buy rum tequila etc because prices at home are equal or lower and so I’ve never checked on this specifically.

Stan

Some sensible posts already re: potential legal issues of shipping booze!

Since we don't know where 'home' is for you OP, country let alone state/province, or your cruise ports visited, it's very hard to make recommendations (for example, if you are a US resident and on one of the Victory's Oct cruises that stop in Key West you could use USPS to mail stuff home in the incredible-value fixed price boxes while you were still cruising - as well as after you dock back in Miami for any of the Oct cruises). If you were hoping to buy e.g. jewelry, or a ton of cheap liquor abroad and ship it home, you still have the issue of you needing to pay duty on it - and if you buy duty free onboard, the cruise line might report you to CBP themselves (there are many anecdotal reports of folks who bought e.g. expensive watches/jewelry being asked about such at customs if not declared...)

Thank you for all of the responses.

Home for me is Indiana. I am just exploring options in the event that I purchases a crazy (stupid) amount of souvenirs or something heavy like booze.

What prompted the question is while looking for things to do around Mallory Square, I came across Key West 1st Legal Rum Distillery and Cigar City. My husband(who is not going to be on the trip) is a Rum fan and would probably appreciate some goodies.

There is a Post Office near Mallory Square. The UPS store is all the way across town.

I was just hoping that Carnival might offer an easy and convenient way to send home.

Home for me is Indiana. I am just exploring options in the event that I purchases a crazy (stupid) amount of souvenirs or something heavy like booze.

What prompted the question is while looking for things to do around Mallory Square, I came across Key West 1st Legal Rum Distillery and Cigar City. My husband(who is not going to be on the trip) is a Rum fan and would probably appreciate some goodies.

There is a Post Office near Mallory Square. The UPS store is all the way across town.

I was just hoping that Carnival might offer an easy and convenient way to send home.

Just an FYI - all the way across town in Key West is not very far.

Quite possibly the Rum Distillery ships from their store. Could call them up or look on their website.

The rum distillery can probably ship things with no problem.

For random souvenirs, I have had no trouble finding a shipping service in port and sending things home. Just ask the port officials and they'll tell you where the nearest shipping service is. The cruise line will not handle that for you.