Things to do in New orleans

scpv

Go to Mardi Gras World! You don't say how old your kids are, but they will love it.

Also, get beignets at Cafe du Monde, walk on Royal Street and look at the art galleries.

Happy to recommend restaurants, depending on where you are staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 5 before on cruise on the Dream, but it was 3 adults and 2 kids (Grandpa came along). Perhaps look at the Embassy Suites, the Homewood Suites, or the Staybridge Suites. All are either in the Central Business District or the Warehouse district, not are good areas.

As for food with kids in those areas, we enjoyed Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Barcadia for lunch. For dinner, if take a look at Crescent City Brew Pub, Muriel's (more classic New Orleans on Jackson Square). I also have a few "off the beaten path" favorites, but they require a taxi or Uber.

Following this thread, since we will be visiting for the first time in March with our 15 and 13 yo. My youngest is in his school's jazz band and we are hoping to find a jazz music venue that is family friendly. I have read positive reviews for the Preservation Hall performances so we have that on our list (so far.....!).

My youngest is in his school's jazz band and we are hoping to find a jazz music venue that is family friendly. I have read positive reviews for the Preservation Hall performances so we have that on our list (so far.....!).

Preservation Hall is family friendly! Also, there are always lots of street musicians out at night. My kids love Royal Street in the FQ for the art galleries and the street musicians. Not rowdy at all.

If you get lucky, you might also catch a wedding or other special event Second Line. Those are a ton of fun to watch, but it is hit or miss depending on what is going on.

Enjoy!