NCL Escape Review 9/23

Warm Breezes

Thanks for the great review. We are traveling on the Escape next June and it will be our first Mega-ship. We were concerned about the crowding, but it seems there are places we can get away from it if we want to. Plan on trying to get Spa Passes in advance as we are not really pool deck people either.

Great review. Hubby and I are going on Escape for our 1st anniversary next month, can't wait!:cool:

Curious, was the pool as crowded as other people have said?

I have to admit that we may have walked past the pool once and it was on a port day so no crowds then. I tend to stay away from the pool area. We enjoyed Spice H20 on port days and on the sea days spent more time on our balcony or going other places. I never swim in the ship pools and just find it best to avoid that area on most ships.

A couple of tips that might work for your next cruise on an NCL big ship.

First, if you are missing towels, check under your bed. We have found bags of towels and other linens stashed there on some of our cruises.

As for Howl at the Moon, we've found that while it may be extremely crowded at the door, if you push your way in and go towards the back/far corners, you are often able to find seats. Of course, this varies by sailing, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks for the review. We are on the Escape again in February...itinerary unknown at this point. I'll be happy wherever we end up -- we are definitely cruising for the ship on this trip.

I was on this cruise as well....loved the ship so much that I booked the Escape again for next September!

I agree with everything WarmBreezes said and also walked off with a zero balance on all our bills! I don't u dersyamd all the nickel and diming discussions!

PS...I'm from Warren, MI - neighbors to Sterling Heights!! :cool:

I was on this cruise as well....loved the ship so much that I booked the Escape again for next September!

I agree with everything WarmBreezes said and also walked off with a zero balance on all our bills! I don't u dersyamd all the nickel and diming discussions!

PS...I'm from Warren, MI - neighbors to Sterling Heights!! :cool:

I grew up in Warren. Although some would argue I never really "grew up "[emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

A couple of tips that might work for your next cruise on an NCL big ship.

First, if you are missing towels, check under your bed. We have found bags of towels and other linens stashed there on some of our cruises.

As for Howl at the Moon, we've found that while it may be extremely crowded at the door, if you push your way in and go towards the back/far corners, you are often able to find seats. Of course, this varies by sailing, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks for the review. We are on the Escape again in February...itinerary unknown at this point. I'll be happy wherever we end up -- we are definitely cruising for the ship on this trip.

Thanks...We put our suit cases under the beds so I know there was nothing there. I think we were just unlucky on the times we stopped at Howl at the Moon. We did get to hear a few numbers but it really was packed when we showed up. Next time we need to arrive earlier and find a good seat before they start.

Thanks for the great review. It's a preview for our visit to Costa Maya on Breakaway in 2 months, and for future sailings on Escape as she replaces Breakaway in NYC! I agree these ships don't feel crowded. The layout and amount of public space works inside and outside.

Great review. Quick question - is there a Cavern Club lounge with blues music? If not, do you know what replaced this lounge that is on the Breakaway and Epic? What kind of live music was there at night besides in the Atrium?

No Cavern Club Lounge. There are many bar areas on the ship that had live music. Skyliners and The District Brew House are 2 that I can think of right now that had it every night. 5 O'clock Somewhere usually had karaoke. I'm positive there were a few more places as well.

Thanks for the great review. It's a preview for our visit to Costa Maya on Breakaway in 2 months, and for future sailings on Escape as she replaces Breakaway in NYC! I agree these ships don't feel crowded. The layout and amount of public space works inside and outside.

I thought it was replacing the GEM?