Carrot on a string.

yellowbird23

Sending you all my best wishes...........

If I can give you some positive thoughts, I was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia in the summer of 2016,....mine is

not terminal and I take a form of oral chemo (4 pills a day).......my white count is now in the good range so my meds

are working and hoping your chemo will work too.

I have just been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and my treatment of chemo is soon to begin. To entice me, my husband said we will go on a river cruise after my treatment is completed. Is there a better incentive for me to push on? Praying this comes to fruition.

You may want to consider going on this cruise during treatment. Keep an open and positive mind. My husband tolerated his chemo well and while on a three week regime, we got Two Cruises in during the two years he was sick. He had a port put in so the pic line did not have to be flushed on the cruise. Your oncologist will work with you if a cruise is something you want to do. Airports can work with you for special assistance. Do it!

I’m sitting in a hospital bed now after surgery for ovarian cancer. Was diagnosed in early August and am on chemo every three weeks and had major surgery in between which looks successful! Will start back with chemo in a few weeks We had a river cruise booked in September but immediately cancelled it and submitted it to insurance.

What works best for me is to make no plans. I look only to each day. Everyone tolerates chemo differently, I tolerated it well but definitely would not have been interested in taking a river cruise or any other cruise in between. There are no medical facilities on river cruise ships, if your blood counts go off which they can between chemo treatments (chemo for Ovarian is quite strong), you have no alternative but to get off the boat whatever town you are in.

My mind is on healing now, not traveling. There are trips in my future, but my future is today. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I’m sitting in a hospital bed now after surgery for ovarian cancer. Was diagnosed in early August and am on chemo every three weeks and had major surgery in between which looks successful! Will start back with chemo in a few weeks We had a river cruise booked in September but immediately cancelled it and submitted it to insurance.

What works best for me is to make no plans. I look only to each day. Everyone tolerates chemo differently, I tolerated it well but definitely would not have been interested in taking a river cruise or any other cruise in between. There are no medical facilities on river cruise ships, if your blood counts go off which they can between chemo treatments (chemo for Ovarian is quite strong), you have no alternative but to get off the boat whatever town you are in.

My mind is on healing now, not traveling. There are trips in my future, but my future is today. Good luck.

Wishing you all the best.........sending you all good thoughts.

Sending you all my best wishes...........

If I can give you some positive thoughts, I was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia in the summer of 2016,....mine is

not terminal and I take a form of oral chemo (4 pills a day).......my white count is now in the good range so my meds

are working and hoping your chemo will work too.

Thanks so much Lois. Glad to hear your meds are working.

My heart goes out to you. Three years ago my SIL was where you are now. After her chemo we took a lovely cruise together to Bermuda. Since then she has had several more rounds and a trip to Israel. She is now in an experimental study and planning her daughter’s wedding. Live every day you have! Your journey is not over yet!