***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

That sounds like a very nice time, and like you say at least the roads and weather was good to drive.

We had a very nice day, food turned out good and he enjoyed everything I made. Still learning about each other. Got a little late and he decided to stay the night so that was also nice. Now won't see him again till probably Christmas Eve or Christmas. He has work up in Appleton, WI and I have the trip to Florida. But we will keep in touch with text and phone calls.

Not sure if I told you, my sister was in the hospital since last Friday. She had a coughing fit and ran out of oxygen. Once in the hospital they did all kinds of tests and determine she had pneumonia. With all the antibiotics she then developed thrush which is blisters in your mouth and throat. They had not fed her either since they were doing some test to check her heart stents that they thought were leaking. She was so mad and exhausted, said she thought they were trying to kill her. Talked to her yesterday and she said they told her if she could walk for 6 minutes she could leave. Today saw on FB her she did do the walk and her son & his wife got her out and took her to Cracker Barrel to eat. So that was good.

So beautiful day today, think I might even go for a walk.

have a good time tonight,

Sharon

Sharon, we are not going any place tonight, it is tomorrow night we are going to the bowling party. It is called mystic bowling.

You did not tell me about your sister. I am so sorry, what an ordeal she has gone through. I will say prayers that she will continue to improve.

Even though the temps were in the 50's today. Around here we are having extremely high winds. So feels a bit cooler, but still very nice. I heard that all next week much of the same. With temps in the 40's and 50's. So a good day for you to go for a walk.

That was good that you both had a good time yesterday. That was also a good idea for him to stay the night. We do not like to be out driving either if we can help it. It was not easy driving home in the dark and many crazy drivers out there as well. First we took Bill's Aunt home, and she lives 1 hour fromm her daughter's house. Then another hour from the Aunt's house to our house.

Both of us were real tired and went to bed early. It felt good to just sleep in this morning and not have to get up early. But I am all messed up with trying to figure out what day of the week it is.

Kathy

I know seems like we have had several Sat & Sundays! I had to get up early for early service at church but went to bed early so was already awake. This afternoon I went to see Daddy Home 2. It was a really good funny Christmas movie. I really enjoyed it.

Bill called earlier this evening, he is having trouble with a tooth his dentist brother in Chicago had worked on last Tuesday and Wed. Said he might have to go back this week and get it taken care of and if so, would stop and see me. So that would be nice not having to wait for Christmas. Also said if he had to go see family on Christmas, wants me to go too. That made me very happy to think he would want his family to meet me.

Did I tell you last week I lost another 5 pounds? Only thing now is I am beginning to be kind of wrinkly on my arms, I don't like that so will have to try not to lose anymore. I am down 7 pounds from my goal weight.

Glad to be going back to zumba tomorrow, always a fun and invigorating time!

Sharon

Sharon, now that we are back to a regular schedule I feel all right now with the days of the week.

So I went to church and after I came home I slept for a few hours. Just kind of a lazy day. Now today I had a Dr's appointment for a mamo. Sure is nice weather for the end of November.

I know that there are a few channels on TV that have been showing Christmas movies for some time now. So that is good that you enjoyed the move over the weekend. Sorry to hear that Bill is having tooth troubles. I would think that he would stop by after he gets his tooth fixed. It will be nice to have the company. Wow that would be great to meet his family during Christmas.

Also congrats on loosing 5 pounds, that is really great. You certainly are headed in just the right direction. Can you believe that Friday is December 1 already. How was Zumba today?

Kathy

Zumba was so much fun and exercise as usual, she is such a great teacher/leader!

Several people were missing, sick. I seem to have somewhat of a runny nose and am hoping it doesn't get any worse. Then went to Walmart and saw a friend that sounded terrible, so stayed far away from her. But she said it had went into a cough, just like the other gals said. Seems to be going around up here. I can't get sick and go to see my sister! Wouldn't want to give it to her.

It was a beautiful day, took my wreaths up to the cemetery and was mad when I saw they had cleared all the stuff away and took my wreath stands. So then I had to go and buy some more. I think they probably had a sign up about clearing the stuff the first part of October but I hadn't went up there since I put the fall wreaths up.

Supposed to be another nice day tomorrow, sure am enjoying this weather!

Sharon

Sharon, that was good that you are back in the swing of things with getting back into Zumba. It is also good that you have such a good instructor. I remember a few years ago that was not the case. People were leaving due to the instructor.

We had the heating company giving our system a tune-up and inspection. I remember in the spring that you got a complete new system. So Bill just called me as the guy just left and said that we need a complete new system. So combined will go around $10,000. I was not prepared for that news today.

I am hearing many people are getting sick. With this type of weather there are many germs flying all around. If it was freezing clod that would kill all of the germs. So we all have to be real careful. You are right, the last thing you need is to be sick being around your sister. Especially when she just got out of the hospital.

Yes, we get notices on removing stuff from grave sites by a certain date or they will remove them themselves if not taken down.

So today around here temps in the 50's with very high winds. So still very mild but it may seem cooler with the high winds.

Kathy

I went with just about the same type of furnace and a/c as I had, always did the job so didn't see any reason to add anything more. Runs so quiet I can't even hear it now and keeps the house nice and warm. Good also not to have to worry about it.

Still trying to decide if I am getting a cold or not, nose keeps running but otherwise seem to feel pretty good. Stayed home from zumba and now tonight from bible study, hoping to head it off if I am. Still taking 1000mg of EmergenC and cold eze and eating oranges and drinking lots of water. If its going to get me, its going to have to work at it. ha ha!

The last 2 years I have not put up any Christmas decorations, too sad and no one ever came over to see them anyway, but this year I have put out several things. Got started today with a few things and before I knew it had quite a bit of stuff out. Funny how having someone else in your life can change your perspective.

Sharon

Sharon, I agree about having someone in your life can really make a huge difference in how you are. More smiles and good feelings. Bill brought the tree in from the storage in the garage on Friday. I got tired of waiting for him to put it up. So first time ever I did it last night. He said he was going to do it this week, and did not know I was in such a big hurry. With this nice weather he will put the outside stuff out probable tomorrow. We have 3 of those star burst that lights up the entire house. I think decorating can boost our spirits.

Another day it made it up to 62 degrees once again today, but it was extremely windy. But I will take the mild temps any day.

So sorry to hear that you are possibly coming down with a cold. But at least you are doing over the counter medicating to ward it all off. You certainly do not want to be traveling sick.

Well we will have to shop around and see what type of system we can come up with. It is not an emergency as it is working fine now. But it will definitely will have to be replaced. Ours is 14 years old and they only warrant it for 10 years.

Kathy

Sometimes you just want it now, I don't blame you! At least he has the hard part, putting the outside stuff up. Good thing the weather is cooperating.

Tonight there were free BBQ ribs and steak quesadillas for everyone. We actually danced several line dances afterwards too. Had a good time.

Spent all day trying to set up a wireless printer, not sure if it ever got done or not. Also worked on trying to get into itunes. Ended up "chatting" with them on line, told me to turn off computer and turn back on, should take care of the problem. I asked so if I do that I will lose you, they said give them my phone no. Shortly thereafter they did call and no it did not fix the problem but it was a recorded voice that hung up without me talking to anyone.

I hate working with computers and stuff, just don't know enough to get the job done.

Lots of Christmas stuff going on, something tomorrow night, not sure if I'm going or not, still fighting this runny nose thing. Maybe just sinus and not a cold?? Not sure.

Sharon

Sharon, they announced last night that this years flu shot will only be 10% effective. I really hate to heat that news.

So yesterday I came home early and went to bed. Today I just got back from the ER as something is wrong with my back. Needless to say I did something putting up the Christmas tree all by myself. So they gave me something for pain and something else for my system. Said if it persist then see my regular Dr.

I agree that there are a lot of places doing Christmas stuff all over the place. But like you have said at least the weather is cooperating. That place you go to on Wednesday sure does put on good spreads for you all. Plus you have the dancing as well.

I agree about talking to people over the phone and messing with computers. I hope you can get the problem all fixed.

Kathy

Sorry to hear about your back, try to rest the muscles as much as you can. I'm still dealing with this cold? sinus? thing. Seems like its been over a week now. Getting real tired of it!

Went to a thing tonight with neighbors up in Williams Bay, WI. Called a sip and shop. We didn't buy anything but they had a whole table full off hors d'oeuvres that were so good! I said it was like a party in your mouth. The textures and tastes of each one was really a delight.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, that's when Bill & I are going out for dinner and meet some dancing friends. He says he dances, wondering if we will dance or not.

Sharon

Sharon, I got some very expensive medication yesterday. So I have been taking it and I am starting to feel much better. I hope you can get that cold under control.

Well that will be good for tomorrow night. I did not know that you both were going out this soon. The last time I heard he was stopping by after his dental work, and then I thought he was taking you to meet his family. So this will be great for tomorrow night. Enjoy and have a great time.

I have never heard of that kind of treat you did last night. That really sounded so nice. I like how you put it. Have a party in your mouth.

Another real nice day to. I heard that next weekend we will be moving into the deep freeze. They also said last night that this years flu shot will only be 10% effective. Bad news.

Kathy

Probably didn't write it very clear, will go to meet his family on Christmas only if he has to be with them. Other wise we will just have Christmas here. He has 9 brothers and sisters and his mom is still alive so once in a while he gets hit with, "this may be her last one" to persuade him to attend family functions. I can understand that too. If my mom was still alive I would go see her too.

I am really nervous about tonight, he has been here many times but we have not went out anywhere. One of my friends text me that they would try to behave and not scare him away, ha ha.

Thought I better post now, might not get home in time to do it later.

Glad you back is starting to feel better. I'm still dealing with a runny nose!

Sharon

Sharon, I could see where a large family could be overwhelming. His mother must be very old to still be alive. But you are right if our parents were still alive we would visit them. There is no need to hang over our heads that this may be the last holiday that I will be around. So if he does go why not bring you to meet all of them. I an sure you would want to meet all of his family.

At first I thought you were going out tonight. But it sounded that you both went out last night for the very first time in public. So how did everything go and he is a dancer as well.

I still have a long way to go before I am right once again. I have to be very careful on how I move and turn my body.

Another day in the 50 and I think tomorrow and Monday it will get to 60. But watch out, mid week the bottom drops out and the Canadian Arctic blast will be headed in our direction. So Bill is going outside to put up all of the outside decorations. He is also blowing all of the water out of the hot tub lines. Tomorrow he will get the snow blower all ready for this season. Then I think he is all finished. I do not even what to think about snow.

They announced the other day that this years flu shot will only be 10% effective. But Bill had figured on his own that since we got the senior dose that we should be at least 25% to 30% effective. Since the higher does should be more effective than the regular dose.

Kathy

Oh yes, I guess I left that part out, he did say if he had to make an appearance for his mom (age 94) he wanted me to come too. So either way we will spend Christmas together.

We had a really nice time, all my friends liked him and we danced a couple of slow ones. He does not know any country dances. He listens to more blues music. Me and a couple of the other gals did some line dancing.

It's good to get everything ready, just in case. Now I heard they moved the possibility of snow back from Wednesday to Friday.n Hope they move it right on out! I've got to get started packing for my trip on Sunday, trying not to procrastinate again!

Backs can be very tricky, hope yours continues to get better!

I didn't get a flu shot this year, just hear so much controversy over them, good/bad??

Sharon

Sharon, when you are saying Sunday are you talking about today or 1 week from today that you will be going on your trip?

Well I guess you are just going to have to teach him how to line dance so you both can do it together. But all in all it is good that you had a nice evening out with your friends.

Wow, that is old. So either way it would be nice to spend Christmas with his family and meeting them all. So spending Christmas with just you both or with his family at least you will be together.

I agree about the forecast for snow. I would not have a problem if we just did not get any snow at all. But today and tomorrow temps in the 60's and then the bottom drops out. I can deal with the cold, but not the snow.

I am continuing to take the med's and I also have to be very careful on how I turn and move so not to upset my back once again. Bill is going to try to set up an appointment with our new internists this week. It says something when 6 of our Dr's have pulled the plug in the past 2 years.

Kathy

Next Sunday, going to be nice to get into some warm weather since the bottom is dropping out here for a while.

Wow six doctors, wonder what's going on!

Went for a walk today up by the lake, so nice had to get out and enjoy it for a bit.

Ready to go back to zumba tomorrow, you take it easy with your back.

No don't think that's going to happen, teaching him country dancing, he's more into blues, just went to please me. I actually hope he doesn't have to go, I would be so nervous meeting them all. Would rather just stay home.

Went to an Advent program tonight at church, it was very nice.

Sharon

Sharon, all you have to do is to survive this week and then you will be off. How is your cold coming along?

Yes, I am still taking it easy. Bill finished the outside stuff. But he felt kind of funny Saturday, as he did something he should not have. We have lighted garland the we put on our hand railings. He did not test them before putting them on and zip tied all of them as well. So night came and they did not light. Turns out most of the bulbs were burned out. So we went yesterday and bought 2 more sets. Came home and tested them before putting them up. Now all outside stuff is working just fine.

Yes, it has been real nice. Even though it is very windy today at least the temps are in the 60's around here. So it was nice that you were able to get out and walk.

I can understand about you being nervous about meeting his family. So just relax and spend Christmas quiet at your place enjoying the day together.

Bill is going to try to get me in this week to see our new internists. The Dr's that have pulled the plug retired or moved away to another state and practice.

Kathy

Probably a good idea to see someone, you've been hurting for a while now. Maybe the dr can give you a muscle relaxer or something to help.

I hate that when you think you have someone all done and then it doesn't work. Too bad he didn't try them before he put up the first ones! At least now you have some good ones that will stay lit the whole season.

I got all my laundry done so tomorrow the packing starts. I just hate to pack for some reason. Going to look up what the weather looks like down there next week so know more about what I should take.

It has been warm here this morning but this afternoon the windy had been really, really bad and now it feels cold too. Guess out warm weather is officially done for till next year.

My cold or what ever it was is much better, I went to zumba today. There was 18 people there so a full room. Had a great class, everyone was wet with sweat by the time we were done. Went out for breakfast afterwards, just had eggs and a muffin.

Did you hear about the new program at WW? Seems many things will have no points at all any more. Also heard instead of having say 30 points you'll only have about 10. Will learn more about it as the weeks go on.

Sharon

Sharon, my appointment is for next Tuesday. So hopefully I can hold off for that long. How about the sharp drop in temps. Yesterday it was 65 and today 35. Still very windy.

Good that you are starting to pack today. I need about 2 weeks to start my packing and I always pack way too much. But I am getting a bit better. I hope that you will have better weather and will have a good time away. When are you coming back?

So over the weekend I went to WW and I gained .2. I have not heard about this new system. Perhaps over the weekend they will talk about it. If not let me know what you are hearing.

Stay warm,

Kathy

I got started on the packing, but 1st I looked up the weather for that area on line. It's going to be only in the upper 60's during the day and the 40's at night. Not as warm as I had hoped but will be better than here. I took 2 long pair of pants, 2 capris and tops to go with each. I will wear the same jeans there and back. That will take care of all my clothes needs. Not sure if I will even take a swim suit, the hotel pool is outside, heated but still outside.

Too bad you couldn't have gotten in sooner to the dr. Maybe you'll be all better and can cancel by then!

I have to put out my garbage by the road today but think I will wait till much later and see if the wind dies down or not. If I put it out now it would probably end up in the road instead of beside it.

You know, .2 could have been just a little extra salt on something, not bad at all!

Sharon

Sharon, I have to go to the Dr to establish me as his patient. The other internists left the practice and this is the new one who we have chosen to replace the other one.

I agree about waiting to put out the cans. I think they said the wind warning is supposed to expire at 6 pm. What a change from yesterday. Like a 30 degree shift. So as you said 60 is better than 30 or 20.

Bill sent in a DNA sample to see what the actual results will be. It will take about 4-8 weeks to get it finished.

So you will be leaving this Sunday, and when will you be returning? Let's hope the weather will be warmer on your return.

Yes, you are probably right about .2, but who knows. I would rather have it go in the other direction, rather than up the way it is.

Stay warm and don't get blown away.

Kathy

I will be coming on home the 16th. Probably won't be much warmer than it is now here.

When I came home tonight there were snow flurries coming down. So far nothing accumulating though.

Had chicken fajitas tonight, they were good!

We also danced a few dances again.

Going to the library uptown tomorrow afternoon, they are having a talk on Pearl Harbor. Should be interesting. I already know quite a bit but hopefully will be something I don't know.

Also in the morning tomorrow going to two exercise classes, one right before the other one. Its a new class they are starting called WERQ, will have to see what its all about, then going to the regular zumba class. Will be tired tomorrow night!

DNA results should be interesting have thought about doing that too.

Sharon

Sharon, when he gets his DNA back I will tell you what was discovered. They do have some very funny commercials on that subject.

Yes, we were surprised to see snow this morning. Just a dusting around here. I guess we could get measurable snow on Saturday morning. I hope we do not get too much so you can get off on Sunday without any delays. So a nice week away should be a nice break for you. I also hope you do not run into any snow on your return.

Wow, you will be really feeling it tomorrow once you get home. Doing 2 exercise class right after one another. I have never heard of that 1 before. You will have to tell me what it was all about and if you really liked it or not.

So how was the presentation today about Peal Harbor? It was 76 years ago today when it got bombed. We have been there and on the memorial and also on the Missouri docked right next to the memorial. I will have to see if there will anything on tonight.

Keep warm,

Kathy

After about the middle of the second class was getting pretty tired and ready to be done with it. The WERQ class is much like zumba maybe a little different music but that could have been the choice of the instructor. A little more dancy too.

The Pearl Harbor talk was really good, the presenter was very animated and made it interesting. He started with WW1 and went all the way through Pearl Harbor. I would love to go back to Hawaii to see the USS Missouri, did I tell you before that my dad was on the Missouri when the Japanese emperor came aboard to sign the treaty?

Went today to WW, lost another 1.2 this week. Really not interested in losing any more, starting to look kinda skinny I think. Will have to up my eating a little more. Heard about the new program, should be interesting with all the free items.

Went swimming with a couple of friends today, we did the steam room, the hot tub and the pool. We were the only ones there, when I noticed a gal came in, on second look saw it was one of husband Bill's daughters. She is the "bad" one! I think she must have saw me too because she went into the locker room for just a minute and then came back out and left. Kinda awkward, glad she left.

Have got to finish up packing, still procrastinating just like always!

Saw my grandson got quite a bit of snow, which is unusual since he lives in Louisiana, I didn't think they ever got snow!

Sharon