Back to back to back to back to back.......

Ok so at 52 I'm blessed enough to be able to take early retirement....sold a biz I built from scratch...I'm a diamond member and I'm thinking of getting on a ship in October and sailing for a few months....I've called RCCL and they have no "specials" it really doesn't matter to me if its the Majesty or Harmony......or any In between...has anyone booked for 2,3 or 4 months in a row? When I call RCCL they talk to me like I have bananas growing out of my forehead. Lol

If it is convenient take a single cruise on a ship you think you will like. Once onboard go to either guest services or next cruise and ask to meet with the revenue officer. They will be able to tell you anything available for an extended stay.

Ok so at 52 I'm blessed enough to be able to take early retirement....sold a biz I built from scratch...I'm a diamond member and I'm thinking of getting on a ship in October and sailing for a few months....I've called RCCL and they have no "specials" it really doesn't matter to me if its the Majesty or Harmony......or any In between...has anyone booked for 2,3 or 4 months in a row? When I call RCCL they talk to me like I have bananas growing out of my forehead. Lol

We have several friends that do that. It sounds wonderful, but, I also think that it might get to be the norm and going home would be the vacation......I'm afraid I would lose interest or get so used to cruising that it might get boring to me. I love the excitement of getting ready to go on a cruise. Also, I would probably weigh 500 lbs. if I did that.

But, if it was a choice between cruising full time or going to a nursing home....I'd definitely take the cruise.

I wouldn't mind trying it for a month or two. We will be going on our very first B2B next April after 40+ cruises. It will be 21 days. I sure hope I like it......don't get me wrong, I love cruising and we cruise at least 3-4 times a year and I look forward to each one of them. Just not sure of being on a ship all the time. I love my home, family and friends. I would miss that. If I were alone, then, that is another story....

Gwen :D

Try the Serenade, they do longer cruises, less turn around days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lucky you! Congrats on your retirement! We also plan to cruise the entire winter months every year ....in a few years. It's disappointing that it sounds like you don't get any special pricing. Have fun planning and cruising!

The longest time we've cruised, with the exception of DH'S Navy days was 7 weeks on one ship. We did a B2B2B from LA around the horn to NYC.

You can actually put together many segments yourself with different ships and ports of call, staying on land or home to catch up with laundry and business for a day or two, then hop on another ship for 3 or 4 weeks, rinse repeat.

We have put together an amazing 47 day cruise from New Zealand with a Trans Pacific in 2019, see sig. with two ships and one day between.

Majesty is doing a B2B2B from Singapore? to Fla next year. Depending on what you want, that may be a good place to start.

Good luck!!:D:D

We met a couple on Royal that did it 8 months of the year. They booked an inside as they got free drinks in the diamond lounge each night, got their laundry and would switch it up by hiring a car and driving from Miami to Tampa to switch ships and sometimes New Orleans. They said it was cheaper than paying to be at home and had no housework. They said they used their loyalty level discount but that was it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations that you've reached a stage where you can cruise anytime, anywhere without having to worry about cost.

As a retired former business owner who got hooked on cruising I found myself in the situation as yourself.

Others have mentioned Super Mario ( I call him Professor Mario) as a reference to a "frequent floater". Having met and talked to him on the best way to do extended cruising he gave me some good advice.

First he said find out what itinerary you want to do and where do you want to sail from. Then find a ship that has the amenities you want.

He books on board when the new itineraries come out in late March/April 2 years in advance. He prefers to cruise in the Caribbean out of FLL since he has a condo in Key Biscayne.

Normally he does 4 transatlantic cruises to and from Europe so he totals about 350 days a year on a ship.

By booking on board when the cruises first come out his spreadsheet data tells him that this is the most economical time to book.

Then he transfers those booking to his own Travel Agent who not only watch for any price drops, as well as getting special perks (although now I would imagine he works out a cash rebate of the 15% fee given to the TA).

Personally, I just want to cruise the Caribbean in the winter months between Oct - Apr and only want to make 2 round trip flights. So currently I book 6 weeks before Xmas and 12 weeks after Jan. 1 when the itineraries come out.

If you are a solo traveler RCL gives you the privilege to pay twice as much for your room, however you receive double C&A points.

As a Diamond member you've probably been on quite a few different ships. If you have a favorite stick with that one, if not keep experimenting.

Whatever you choose is fine since each week you get new fish in the pond which makes each cruise new and different.

You will be surprised at how many folks you now see cruising multiple weeks on the same ship.

I hope you enjoy your new lifestyle - cruising is addictive - no doubt about it.

Very quickly you will attain over 350 points which means you only have to pay 1.5x vs. 2x.

I just spent 67 nights on the Radiance of the Seas, which was a voyage of 6 cruises. We were able to book the same cabin for the first four cruises, then my friend went home and I moved to an OV to save money. ;)

I didn't contact anyone or ask for any help. I just booked six cruises. It's just not a big deal. And if you have to move, you move.

My specific trip was planned to go to many new places (for me.) I visited Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia, Hawaii and Alaska.

RC does this each spring and fall.

I highly recommend it.

When my husband retired a few years ago - we did 5 S2S's - different ships - different lines. (See my signature). Took a day in between to drive from FLL to MIA and do laundry at the three week mark. It took a lot of planning but we were able to take advantage of a few specials. I enjoyed the variety of different lines and different ships.

We just returned from a B2B and a TP on just two different ships. 24 days on one ship was a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just spent 67 nights on the Radiance of the Seas, which was a voyage of 6 cruises. We were able to book the same cabin for the first four cruises, then my friend went home and I moved to an OV to save money. ;)

I didn't contact anyone or ask for any help. I just booked six cruises. It's just not a big deal. And if you have to move, you move.

My specific trip was planned to go to many new places (for me.) I visited Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia, Hawaii and Alaska.

RC does this each spring and fall.

I highly recommend it.

When my husband retired a few years ago - we did 5 S2S's - different ships - different lines. (See my signature). Took a day in between to drive from FLL to MIA and do laundry at the three week mark. It took a lot of planning but we were able to take advantage of a few specials. I enjoyed the variety of different lines and different ships.

We just returned from a B2B and a TP on just two different ships. 24 days on one ship was a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we are following in your footsteps!!:cool:

We met a couple on Royal that did it 8 months of the year. They booked an inside as they got free drinks in the diamond lounge each night, got their laundry and would switch it up by hiring a car and driving from Miami to Tampa to switch ships and sometimes New Orleans. They said it was cheaper than paying to be at home and had no housework. They said they used their loyalty level discount but that was it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no "loyalty level discount" in an interior cabin. There is a balcony discount which is tied to your C&A status.

Congratulations that you've reached a stage where you can cruise anytime, anywhere without having to worry about cost.

As a retired former business owner who got hooked on cruising I found myself in the situation as yourself.

Others have mentioned Super Mario ( I call him Professor Mario) as a reference to a "frequent floater". Having met and talked to him on the best way to do extended cruising he gave me some good advice.

First he said find out what itinerary you want to do and where do you want to sail from. Then find a ship that has the amenities you want.

He books on board when the new itineraries come out in late March/April 2 years in advance. He prefers to cruise in the Caribbean out of FLL since he has a condo in Key Biscayne.

Normally he does 4 transatlantic cruises to and from Europe so he totals about 350 days a year on a ship.

By booking on board when the cruises first come out his spreadsheet data tells him that this is the most economical time to book.

Then he transfers those booking to his own Travel Agent who not only watch for any price drops, as well as getting special perks (although now I would imagine he works out a cash rebate of the 15% fee given to the TA).

Personally, I just want to cruise the Caribbean in the winter months between Oct - Apr and only want to make 2 round trip flights. So currently I book 6 weeks before Xmas and 12 weeks after Jan. 1 when the itineraries come out.

If you are a solo traveler RCL gives you the privilege to pay twice as much for your room, however you receive double C&A points.

As a Diamond member you've probably been on quite a few different ships. If you have a favorite stick with that one, if not keep experimenting.

Whatever you choose is fine since each week you get new fish in the pond which makes each cruise new and different.

You will be surprised at how many folks you now see cruising multiple weeks on the same ship.

I hope you enjoy your new lifestyle - cruising is addictive - no doubt about it.

Very quickly you will attain over 350 points which means you only have to pay 1.5x vs. 2x.

4 TA's each year seems rather difficult to pull off, not to mention the air

Try the Serenade, they do longer cruises, less turn around days

We sailed the Serenade Dec 2016 for 12 nights and there were many on a back to back but we were 2 of 200 under 70 and the average age was higher on the next one! Not that I don't respect my elders but they cancelled all of the night time activities. Lol. Plus I'm a pretty young 52.

We sailed the Serenade Dec 2016 for 12 nights and there were many on a back to back but we were 2 of 200 under 70 and the average age was higher on the next one! Not that I don't respect my elders but they cancelled all of the night time activities. Lol. Plus I'm a pretty young 52.

We sailed the Serenade last Thanksgiving and the average age was in the 50's. It depends on what time of year.