APT AmaVerde Amsterdam to Budapest review

Catchum

APT (Australian Pacific Travel) certainly operates the ship - everything was APT branded though they may not own it. This itinerary was one of their luxury tours, they also run premium tours which have fewer included options.

APT (Australian Pacific Travel) certainly operates the ship - everything was APT branded though they may not own it. This itinerary was one of their luxury tours, they also run premium tours which have fewer included options.

Apt (Aust). is part owners with Amawaterways. Branding on the ship is changed when it is used by APT or Amawaterways. I have been on ships where APT used it for our tour then it changed for the next tour to Amawaterways.. APT is all inclusive, (full open bar,tips etc included) and marketed to Australians, New Zealanders.

The AmaVerde still shows up as a ship used by AmaWaterways, although not exclusively it seems.

On my trip on the Mekong (on the AmaDara) we saw the AmaLotus moored in Phnom Penh. It is not currently in use by AmaWaterways.

When we were on the Ama Dara as a APT cruise, we went from Saigon to Seim Reap. AmaWaterways did the return trip. APT now uses Ama Lotus .. APT has their own boat in Mynamar. RV Samatha. Will be going on it next year.

We are booked on the AMA Verde as part of our APT tour August 2018. Can you please tell me if men wore suits and ties to the formal excursions? Don't want to look the odd one out, but travelling from Australia would add to the luggage. Thanks.

This is the link to my review of our 14 night first ever River Cruise. I will try any answer any questions.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=597938&et_cid=2974649&et_rid=183496508&et_referrer=Boards_WAR_CC

was this on Amaverde - October 15 - 29?

If so, we were onboard with you!

We agree that Barty had a clone! He was everywhere

We are booked on the AMA Verde as part of our APT tour August 2018. Can you please tell me if men wore suits and ties to the formal excursions? Don't want to look the odd one out, but travelling from Australia would add to the luggage. Thanks.

n the MDR, some changed for dinner, though not all.

On the formal excursions (by which I assume you mean Namedy and Liechtenstein), the dress code is smart casual

Apt (Aust). is part owners with Amawaterways. Branding on the ship is changed when it is used by APT or Amawaterways. I have been on ships where APT used it for our tour then it changed for the next tour to Amawaterways.. APT is all inclusive, (full open bar,tips etc included) and marketed to Australians, New Zealanders.

on our trip there were 99 Aus, 4 NZ, 45 Brits, 1 Canadians, 1 US and 1 Malysian

The excursion to the Lichtenstein palace certainly felt like black tie and ball gowns would not be out of place! But no need to bring a suit and tie DH wore nice smart jeans, a roll neck sweater and blazer. Agree totally that formal clothes and long haul flights do not mix but the AMAVerde is very relaxed.

I have posted my review - but can't find it to give a link! Does it take a while before they appear?

Yes we must have been on the same trip! It took a week for my review to arrive - you will get an email with a link which you can copy when it is posted.

• 2 weeks later...