Next Cruise onboard information

Des Moines IA
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
We are sailing on Oasis OTS in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me what the recent Next Cruise promotions are that are being offered onboard by RCCL? We want to be prepared and do some research ahead of time since we will have limited internet onboard. TIA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 3/15/19 RCCL Navigator of the Seas Southern Caribbean

3/10/18 RCCL Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
2017 NCL Epic Western Caribbean
2016 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean
2013 RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean
Central Illinois
137,217 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Get outta town
We are sailing on Oasis OTS in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me what the recent Next Cruise promotions are that are being offered onboard by RCCL? We want to be prepared and do some research ahead of time since we will have limited internet onboard. TIA
Read carefully as the best perks require a non-refundable deposit:
http://www.royalonboardsales.com/con...ugust-2017.pdf

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
518 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
We were on Oasis last month and knew we would be cruising on it for our next cruise as well. I went online and checked prices. We then went in and talked to a CSR and they quoted the same price but the deposit was only $100 per person. We also received $275 OBC. I booked with them and recently transferred it to a TA and received an additional $25 OBC and $75 off the invoice.
Merion, Pennsylvania
64,164 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by Get outta town
You can access the Royal Caribbean (and Celebrity and Azamara) website for free on board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Email me!

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit, Equinox
Royal Caribbean: Anthem, Quantum, Allure, Oasis, Harmony, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Radiance, Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Register for your Meet & Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do
Cincinnati, OH
102 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
What is the deposit for a 11 night, balcony, with a non-refundable deposit fare? $200?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Central Illinois
137,217 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Foosguy
What is the deposit for a 11 night, balcony, with a non-refundable deposit fare? $200?
If not booking on board: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/deposit-requirements

If booking on board, $100 per person.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
East Coast - United States
368 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
I am thinking of also booking on next cruise as I did last year for my upcoming cruise. But I am finding it confusing still. Based on the great links you all posted, it appears OBC can no longer be used for the current sailing. Also if you change your reservation in any way by room or date, you must pay $100 change fee. It also says on the Next Cruise flyer there are no more reduced deposits. So the 11 night balcony with a non refundable deposit is still $500 for 2 people. Am I reading that wrong?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Randie

April 14, 2018 Freedom of the Seas 8 Night Eastern Caribbean *LiveReview*
March 5, 2017 Allure of the Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean
April 11, 2015 Liberty of the Seas 5 Night Western Caribbean
February 9, 2014 Explorer of the Seas 7 Night Bahamas
May 8, 2012 Liberty of the Seas 5 Night Short Western Mediterranean
April 30, 2011 Serenade of the Seas 7 Night Southern Caribbean
June 5, 2010 Oasis of the Seas 7 Night Easter Caribbean
May 8, 2009 Monarch of the Seas 3 Night Bahamas
April 27, 2008 Freedom of the Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean
Cincinnati, OH
102 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by TimeToGetNauti
I am thinking of also booking on next cruise as I did last year for my upcoming cruise. But I am finding it confusing still. Based on the great links you all posted, it appears OBC can no longer be used for the current sailing. Also if you change your reservation in any way by room or date, you must pay $100 change fee. It also says on the Next Cruise flyer there are no more reduced deposits. So the 11 night balcony with a non refundable deposit is still $500 for 2 people. Am I reading that wrong?

I can say that Bob was correct, I booked my 11 night on board via next cruise and the deposit was only $200.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Central Illinois
137,217 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by TimeToGetNauti
The flyer that I post is not exactly current, and does not mention the reduced deposit. The reduced deposit was added more recently, and requires booking with a non-refundable deposit option. You are correct that the ability to use the OBC on the current cruise is no longer an option. The $100 change fee applies to cancelling, changing ship, or changing sailing date. It does not apply to changing staterooms on the same cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

NYC
2,639 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Note, however, if you do not do a nonfrefundable deposit (i.e., if you want a fully refundable deposit, because you don't want to pay a $99 change fee per booking change), then you will pay the full normal deposit, plus you'll pay a higher cruise fare, plus you'll have reduced OBC. I hate the new nonrefundable deposit, it makes booking onboard virtually useless to me, since I will only book with a fully refundable deposit - life is too uncertain.

And, "full normal deposit" now means double deposit for solos - so if you're booking a 14-night cruise onboard with a fully refundable deposit, you'll be paying $900 upfront, a higher cruise fare, and receiving minimal OBC. Only reason to book onboard is if a cruise comes out while you're sailing that you don't want to miss -- or if you're 100% sure you're going on a sailing, and are willing to book on a nonrefundable basis, in which case you receive all of the benefits noted above, the $100 reduced deposit, the lower cruise fares, and the extra OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Denise

Past Cruises:1990s: 3 Big Red Boat (1 Atlantic, 2 Oceanic); 3 Carnival (Ecstasy, Destiny, Fantasy); Premier NYC cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder 1/06; Mariner of the Seas 8/06; Sun Princess 1/07; Caribbean Princess 3/07; Crown Princess 10/07; Brilliance of the Seas 1/08; Monarch 4/08; Majesty B2B 9/08; Mariner 4/09; Radiance 11/09; Majesty 1/10; Monarch 9/10; Majesty 12/10; Monarch 12/11; Explorer 1/12; Monarch 3/12; Oasis 12/13; Explorer 3/14; Explorer Repo 11/14; Majesty Solo 1/15; Liberty Skyscrapers to Rodeos Repo 10/15;Coral Princess & Radiance - Alaska 5/16; Rhapsody11/16; Ruby Princess 1/17; Windstar Breeze EB TA 4/17;. Planned Cruises:Crown Princess 9/17; Ovation 11/17; Disney Dream 1/18; Jewel 5/18; Cunard Queen Mary 10-11/18
(Not) Live from the Explorer, March 2014
Oasis of the Seas, December 2013, Blog & Review
Daily Log, Explorer of the Seas, January 2012
(Not) Live from the Mariner (West Coast), April 2009
(Not) Live from the Monarch (West Coast), April 2008
Live from the Brilliance, January 2008
Not Live from the Crown Princess, October 2007