Pros of upgrading to a GS on Adventure OTS Jan. 2019

steveru621

I know this is a first world problem but...

We currently have a JS on a B2B that includes a visit to Grand Cayman (important to DW). Outside of access to the SL why should I upgrade to a GS? More for gratuities, more space, and higher price?

We are D+ and will make D++ on the first leg anyway. So we have access to the diamond club. The B2B total additional cost is $1,700 14 nights, and the same cabin is available on both legs.

I'm just not seeing a reason to upgrade, we already are getting double points. Free Internet would help, but room service is not important to us. The extra $$'s are not really an issue.

Help...

Aboutthe only extra perks you would get would be access to the poolside suite area and the ability to order room service from the MDR menu.

Thanks, Bob, that's what I thought. I get sunburned in the shade so poolside is not an option. :D

I noticed on Explorer you could use the specialty restaurant for breakfast seating, but it's really not worth it. I'm disappointed free Internet is only available on Oasis and Quantum class.

Oh well probably stand pat unless the price drops again. That's what caught my eye.

Thanks, Bob, that's what I thought. I get sunburned in the shade so poolside is not an option. :D

I noticed on Explorer you could use the specialty restaurant for breakfast seating, but it's really not worth it. I'm disappointed free Internet is only available on Oasis and Quantum class.

Oh well probably stand pat unless the price drops again. That's what caught my eye.

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention that there might also be a made-to-order breakfast available in one of the specialty restaurants.

Breakfast and lunch on sea days in specialty, not sure if hati is a port really liked suite beach there.

Forgot that. LABADEE, HAITI on the first leg. OK, one more pro.

Made to order is nice but I like the spontaneous variety of the WindJammer.

Thank you.

My opinion - JS is good for two people, would only upgrade to GS if want more space for additional people. Otherwise not only is JS big enough, but I like the walk-in closet.

I agree - I like the closet much more in a Voyager class JS than the wardrobes in a Voyager class GS.

But the bathroom is muuuuuuch nicer in the GS.

Regardless of price point...I would (and do) opt for a JS any day over a GS...I don't care for the dry bar area and the limited access to the closet in the GS that creates.

My only experience with a GS was a comp upgrade from a JS...Glad I found out the cheap way that I dislike the GS's. ;)

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to respond with some very good advice. I think I'm going to stand pat on my current deal. I'm not seeing any compelling reasons to upgrade.

That's what I get for checking prices! But if it get's closer I may give it a go.

Breakfast and lunch on sea days in specialty, not sure if hati is a port really liked suite beach there.

can someone explain the poolside for Grand Suites available at destinations? I know there is a special section on the ship for reserved seating but never heard anything about this.

I only know this first hand till our 30th anniversary cruise but I've "heard" that with the Junior Suite you don't have access to the Suite Lounge. (Non issue for the original poster becaue of the Diamond Lounge)

I don't believe there is a "Suite Lounge" on Adventure. The Concierge Lounge would not be available to a JS but would be available to the OP as they stated they are Diamond Plus.

I don't believe there is a "Suite Lounge" on Adventure. The Concierge Lounge would not be available to a JS but would be available to the OP as they stated they are Diamond Plus.

Believe after the most recent dry dock there is now a SL and no CL.

Carla

Believe after the most recent dry dock there is now a SL and no CL.

Carla

Yes, as of this very moment, there is no Concierge Lounge on the Adventure of the Seas. There is now a Suite Lounge, plus a Diamond Lounge, both on Deck 14.

:)

can someone explain the poolside for Grand Suites available at destinations? I know there is a special section on the ship for reserved seating but never heard anything about this.

Really love the reserved seating which is on voyager and freedom class , it is tiered seatings over looking the main pools , there will be a sign saying for gold card, suite seating. Wish this was on the other classes.

Really love the reserved seating which is on voyager and freedom class , it is tiered seatings over looking the main pools , there will be a sign saying for gold card, suite seating. Wish this was on the other classes.

Freedom wasn't that way. Suite seating was above Sky Bar.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app