Where is MJ from 3/1-3/15?

Maybe they have extended the dry dock?

Good friend and neighbor, who works check in at T#1 told me they informed the team that MJ is leaving dry dock early and coming back on the 1st. I just emailed her to ask if she has any additional updates yet.

Not sure what MJ is doing for those two weeks. :confused: When we were on board during the last cruise before dry dock, they told us she was scheduled for 5 week dry dock. MJ went in on 2/23.

Maybe doing additional work in PC until 3/16? Oasis would be in on the 4th and 11th.

Good friend and neighbor, who works check in at T#1 told me they informed the team that MJ is leaving dry dock early and coming back on the 1st. I just emailed her to ask if she has any additional updates yet. ... .

This plus the fact that Chops has been cancelled makes me think that they have decided that MJ is leaving the fleet sooner than what they expected when they initially planned the dry dock.

They have a scheduled sailing on 3/2 unless it has been abruptly cancelled. I'll ask someone on that sailing if they've been cancelled.

I must be pulling it up wrong, I find nothing on RCI's website until 3/16. And other cruise web sites are showing sold out until 3/16. :confused:

This plus the fact that Chops has been cancelled makes me think that they have decided that MJ is leaving the fleet sooner than what they expected when they initially planned the dry dock.

Yeah, pretty soon only the big ladies will survive the chopping block. :o

Sad...I like the smaller ships...wish they would build a few new smaller ones.

Yeah, pretty soon only the big ladies will survive the chopping block. :o

Sad...I like the smaller ships...wish they would build a few new smaller ones.

They will tell you to go to Azamara for smaller ships.

I'm supposed to be on the 3/2 cruise and no there's cancellation or modification notice on my reservation to date.

It's interesting that the bookings are closed for the 3/2 - 3/5 - 3/9 - 3/12 - 3/19 sailings, but he 3/16 cruise is open for bookings.

I'm supposed to be on the 3/2 cruise and no there's cancellation or modification notice on my reservation to date.

It's interesting that the bookings are closed for the 3/2 - 3/5 - 3/9 - 3/12 - 3/19 sailings, but he 3/16 cruise is open for bookings.

Wow...how long ago did you book that? Indeed I could not find any open bookings until 3/16. Perhaps it's as simple as that....all of those cruises until then have been sold out for awhile?

Hmmm...yup. Lots of other smaller competitors out there also. Someday I want to go back to the interior canal cruising again. Now those are the really small ships/boats. ;)

Do you mean those European river cruises? They look very interesting, but the prices are killer.:eek:

Do you mean those European river cruises? They look very interesting, but the prices are killer.:eek:

Yes...definitely ouch in the pocket book...but oh so wonderful if you can do it! :hearteyes: We adored our interior France canal cruise through the locks. Everything was included, wine with meals, shore excursions, fantastic food (and when I got back our cheese tasted like plastic in comparison ;p).

Wow...how long ago did you book that? Indeed I could not find any open bookings until 3/16. Perhaps it's as simple as that....all of those cruises until then have been sold out for awhile?

I booked the cruise last October, a couple of weeks after it was cancelled do to hurricane Irma. Bookings were still available on the 3/2 cruise up until a couple of weeks ago.

Because of the destination and short duration of the MJ cruises, I'm guessing the ship will be the temporary home to a slew of spring breakers. Which is the main reason I booked it for the first week in March. Being the first cruise after dry dock and the week before most of the colleges close for spring break.

Yes...definitely ouch in the pocket book...but oh so wonderful if you can do it! :hearteyes: We adored our interior France canal cruise through the locks. Everything was included, wine with meals, shore excursions, fantastic food (and when I got back our cheese tasted like plastic in comparison ;p).

A European river cruise is a pipe dream of ours in a few years. What cruise line did you use?

I’m going to be on the 3/2-3/5 MJ. No cancellation at this time. She’s currently parked at Freeport in dry dock.

I booked in the beginning of January.

I find it a little strange that March 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19 are completely sold out. The first available sailing id March 23

Smaller capacity, start of spring breaks and the first two of those sailings are basically a week away, so it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary, right? My 3/9 sailing sold out about a week ago (I check a couple times a day in case a SOV room opens up that I can move up to). I saw interior rooms available for the 3/16 sailing as recently as this morning, so that's just recently filled up.

At least I hope there isn't anything else to this!

A European river cruise is a pipe dream of ours in a few years. What cruise line did you use?

It's been over 10 years ago, and I don't think they are in business any longer. I believe Avalon bought them out. It's logo had a snail dressed with a chef's hat on it. Was a great time.

We originally booked one of the smaller 6-8 pax barges, but they chartered it out and put us on the larger Rhone river cruise (about 60 pax). They gave us an upgrade to a balcony. Wonderful time!. :hearteyes: