Allure of the seas - diamond + purchasing drink package onboard question

maggieq

ok, so when we purchased our drink packages on the harmony, we had a letter from the concierge confirming our 30% d+ discount. The bar tender had to show his manager our confirmation email. We finally got it processed once the manager approved. We have since purchased drink packages fr the anthem pre boarding with 30% ( no problem:)). Now we are boarding the allure on 2/4 and I do not have a confirmation email from the concierge. Hoping recent allure d+ cruisers can assure me I will not have to do battle once onboard.

Thanks!

Thank you! I would hope by now all employees are aware.

If for some reason you don't see the coupon in the letter you get in your stateroom, go to any bar and ask the bartender to print out your remaining coupons. It usually shows up there.

I'm confused, not hard to do:confused:

I thought the Diamond and Diamond Plus drink packages and internet package discounts were only available and applied when the packages were purchased onboard?

Has something changed, or did I just misunderstand??

Thanks

I'm confused, not hard to do:confused:

I thought the Diamond and Diamond Plus drink packages and internet package discounts were only available and applied when the packages were purchased onboard?

Has something changed, or did I just misunderstand??

Thanks

You are correct, C&A coupons are for onboard purchases only.

ok, so when we purchased our drink packages on the harmony, we had a letter from the concierge confirming our 30% d+ discount. The bar tender had to show his manager our confirmation email. We finally got it processed once the manager approved. We have since purchased drink packages fr the anthem pre boarding with 30% ( no problem:)). Now we are boarding the allure on 2/4 and I do not have a confirmation email from the concierge. Hoping recent allure d+ cruisers can assure me I will not have to do battle once onboard.

Thanks!

Maybe it's a Harmony issue. We went through the same process with one of the servers at a table set up in the Promenade. While he was fully aware of the discount, he said he had to get supervisor approval. It was kind of weird. The supervisor never even looked at our cards before giving the server the nod.

• 1 month later...

I have purchased onboard with the 30% off but they added sales tax while in port (US) so the savings was very minimal over ordering online.

That was Tampa and Ft Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have purchased onboard with the 30% off but they added sales tax while in port (US) so the savings was very minimal over ordering online.

That was Tampa and Ft Lauderdale.

While purchasing single drinks can incur sales tax while docked in US ports, Royal does not charge sales tax on drink packages purchased while in US ports.

My experience was the 30% onboard discount resulted in about the exact same price as it would be if you prepurchased. So really the only benefit of the 30% off for D+ is the flexibility to decide once onboard or just buy it for a few days at the end at the prepurchase price.

While purchasing single drinks can incur sales tax while docked in US ports, Royal does not charge sales tax on drink packages purchased while in US ports.

Bob:

That should be the practice but I have been charge sales tax in both the port of Tampa and port Everglades. I had to argue the point In Tampa and had it removed. I didn’t even try to get it back in port Everglades. This was in the last 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob:

That should be the practice but I have been charge sales tax in both the port of Tampa and port Everglades. I had to argue the point In Tampa and had it removed. I didn’t even try to get it back in port Everglades. This was in the last 6 months.

Yes, I recall someone else reporting being charged sales tax for a drink package, but they went to Guest Services and also got the tax removed.